As a running magazine, we often tout the health benefits of our sport, but honestly, walking is pretty great, too. In fact, research shows that—just like runners—people who walk at a moderate intensity regularly have a lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
Walking is a great form of exercise with lots of health benefits, but wearing the right shoes is key to staying comfortable and injury-free. Whether you walk for fitness or simply spend a significant amount of time on your feet, you need shoes that offer quality all-around cushioning and support to prevent fatigue and soreness.
A good walking shoe should fit well right away without having to break it in. “You shouldn’t be feeling any pinching or trouble moving your toes,” Ami A. Sheth, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist in California, says. Shoe styles with a wide range of sizes, including half sizes and widths, will help you find the best fit for you.
Based on our research and testing, here are the best shoe for flat feet men on the market. So, to help you out, here is our run-down of the what, when, and how of buying the shoe for flat feet men along with our picks for the top products.
So, we urge you to stay with us, my friends!
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
Editors’ Note: We reviewed this article in June 2022 and still recommend these walking shoes. We’ll be evaluating this list on a monthly basis to make sure we’re bringing you the most up-to-date products and industry information.
How to Choose the best shoe for flat feet men
So far, we got to see some amazing products of shoe for flat feet men. But if you see, most product to get ruined quickly or won’t used because of a lack of quality.
Other than that, consumers cannot judge the right product since they do not know what features make the product worth it. Those people especially should go through a buying guide first before opting for a product.
A good pair of walking shoes should fit comfortably right out of the box—no break-in period required. Make sure there’s at least a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
It’s best to go to a store and try on several options to get a feel for the right size and desired roominess. Everyone’s feet are different, so brands that work for some walkers may not work best for you and vice versa. If you wear custom orthotics or inserts, look for a shoe that’s deep enough to accommodate them or has removable insoles.
A good pair of walking shoes will have gel, foam, or air midsole cushioning, which reduces impact and helps with shock absorption as you’re walking.
Support is key when choosing a shoe, especially for those who have a history of foot pain and issues. “The shoe should have a good sturdy sole that is flexible at the toes only, not through the midfoot, and one that you cannot wring out like a dishrag,” Dr. Sheth says.
Make sure there’s enough support in the arch area, too. “Over time, flat shoes with no arch support may cause plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and ankle pain,” Dr. Fuzaylov says.
Shoes should be durable enough for all-day wear, but more lightweight than most running shoes. Stick with shoes from quality brands that specialize in walking (and running) shoes and look for sturdy rubber outsoles. What should be avoided are court shoes and cross trainers, which are designed for more lateral movements.
If you do a lot of fitness walking, especially in warm weather, you’ll want a shoe that won’t make you overheat. “It should be made of a breathable material such as mesh or a leather material,” Mark Mendeszoon, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist based in Ohio, says.
What Reviewers Say
“Very comfortable! I have tendinitis in my feet and ankles and very high arches, and these shoes are supportive and cushy.”
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
Our Proposed Top 10 best shoe for flat feet men Reviews in 2022
- ★ORTHOPEDIC INSOLE: The removeable insole offers strong arch support made of hard TPU and cushioning layer with PU memory foam base- works wonders to enhance comfort and ease pain on the foot and heel.Latex metatarsal pad support help relieve foot pressure and fatigue.Massaging gel waves absorb shock and provide cushioning for all-day comfort, its rugged construction withstands the impact and forces exerted on your feet.The particles on the inserts cover massage your feet while you walk.
- ★COMFORTABLE UPPER: Adopt elastic corduroy material, combined with firm and delicate stitching lines, maximizes the simplicity of exquisite sense of the shoes are perfect with fashion. This shoes with moisture-wicking, ultra soft lining optimizes the fitness and ultimate comfort for your feet and allow your feet to breathe, which can keep you away from sweaty feet and fatigue in spring, fall and winter.
- ★SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT EASY SLIP-ON: Super lightweight can reduce the burden for your foot and make you feel freedom during walking. You can either wear them as slip on shoes or turn them into slippers, easily slide in for instant comfort whenever you want your feet relaxed.
- ★EVA MIDSOLE&RUBBER OUTSOLE: The slip on lofers EVA rubber sole with obvious pattern provides excellent traction and stability for all surfaces and terrains to provide you with all the flexibility and support you need. Environmental friendly and lightweight sole offers you decent grip, making you walk steadily outdoors.
- ★THE FOLLOWING FOOT PROBLEMS ARE THAT WHY YOU CHOOSE OUR SLIP ON LOAFERS: Plantar Fasciitis - flat feet- over pronation - Diabetic - Neuropathy - Achilles tendonitis - Bunion - Back pain - Ankle Pain- Fallen back pain - Hip pain - Heal pain - Heel Spurs - Foot pain - Arches - Foot Pain - Hammer Toes - Edema - Metatarsalgia - low back - diabetes - arthritis -- high arch - Arch Pain and Arch Strain - mallet toe - ball of foot pain - knee and hip pain - heel pain and heel spur.
- INSOLES FOR FLAT FEET: Do you have flat feet or low arches? Then PROFOOT Flat Fix insoles are orthotic inserts that mold to your feet for personalized, comfortable support for low arches while the flexible shell stabilizes heel to prevent pronation.
- SHOE INSERTS FOR SUPPORT: Does your favorite pair of shoes lack arch support? Do you experience back, knee or leg pain after standing or walking for long periods? PROFOOT Custom Insoles with Vita-Foam may be the solution for your shoe & foot problems.
- SHOCK ABSORBING: PROFOOT Flat Fix Orthotics trampoline effect heel absorbs over 20 lbs. of shock with each step, while lifting your arch and stabilizing your heel, cushioning the impact from walking that can cause aches in your knees, shins, or hips.
- FOUNDED IN 1986 by a chiropractor who listened to his patients’ complaints about pain solution products; inspired by their feedback, he developed a range of footcare foot care products, like heel insoles & arch support inserts, that addressed their issues.
- PROFOOT is a family-owned footcare business based right here in Brooklyn, NY. We’re part of one of the most pedestrian cities in the world with millions of feet hitting the pavement every day. Our motto: “The better your feet feel, the more you can do!”
- Truly Unique: The New Balance Fresh Foam Roav v1 running shoes are the ultimate in casual athletic style. Pairing a bold, attractive look with plush comfort, these cushioned running shoes are in a league of their own.
- Fresh Foam Midsole: Feel like you're running or walking in the clouds. The first of three proprietary technologies in this athletic shoe, Fresh Foam midsole cushioning is precision engineered to deliver an ultra-cushioned, lightweight ride.
- NDurance Outsole: Step up your game without wearing out your favorite running shoes. Ndurance rubber outsole technology provides superior durability in high-wear areas to help get more out of the shoes.
- Ultra Heel: These neutral running shoes boast a head-turning heel that performs as well as it looks. The Ultra Heel design hugs the back of the foot for a snug, supportive fit. This unique heel works alongside the bootie upper for all-day comfort.
- 8mm Drop: These lightweight shoes feature a heel-to-toe drop of approximately 8mm. Due to variances created during development and manufacturing processes, references to 8mm are approximate.
- Wide-Toe-box & High-Instep Design: Including extended room for free movement of the toes, FitVille shoes is designed especially for people with wider feet and people suffering from foot problems like plantar fasciitis, flat feet, bunions and hammertoes.
- Patented PropelCore Sole: Provides your feet with both great support and unprecedented cushioning thus maximizes comfort and minimizes foot fatigue.
- Premium-Quality & Wear-Resistance : Durable suede & mesh fabric upper ensures your feet stay dry and comfortable all day.
- Non-slip Outsole : Rigid rubber outsoles give added gripping and motion stability.
- Heel & Knee Pain Relief: The shock absorption pads ease your bounce and the solid heel ring makes your steps steady, which will make you feel less tired even after all day walking or standing.
- ··★LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- ··★DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- ··★PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- ··★DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- ··★RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it
- Ortholite X-40 Sockliner - This premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management and a high-level of breathability (Ortholite is a registered trademark of O2 Partners LLC.)
- Trail Specific Outsole - Reversed lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on all types of terrain.
- AHAR Outsole - Acronym for ASICS High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot GEL technology cushioning system - Attenuates shock during impact phase and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- Removable Sockliner - A sockliner which can be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
- Padded rear collar pad for achilles comfort.
- 5 mm POWER FOOTBED for underfoot cushioning.
- Engineered knit upper for a sock-like fit and flexible feel.
- Zero-drop, non-elevated sole for proper posture and balance.
- Sticky-grip rubber outsole combines grip, traction, and durability for trail-ready performance.
- EXTRA STRONG HIGH ARCH SUPPORT SHOE INSERTS: the first true powerful shoe insoles for men and women who weigh over 200 pounds. Anti-Pronation Technology enables extra arch support, distributes weight, and reduces impact. Premium podiatrist-recommended inserts help to stabilize blood pressure caused by obesity. EASYFEET orthotics provide spine and foot stress relief, friction reduction, correct posture within 1 week.
- HEAVY DUTY INSOLES WITHSTAND 220 LBS+: this model helps realign your whole body and reduce foot pressure, providing equal load distribution for the spine and joints. Our shoe inserts are the best work boot insoles for men who are on their feet for much of the day. These are perfect insoles for women work shoes if required to walk or stand for long hours. Get extra energy during a busy day with flexible, shock-absorbing high arch support insoles from EASYFEET. Feel the stability in every step!
- REAL PAIN RELIEF & BETTER ALIGNMENT: Plantar Fasciitis Insoles for men and women provide superior shock absorption with the gel forefoot and heel pads enhanced-cushioning. Deep foot cradles with built-in heel support keep feet properly positioned to provide stability, heel and joint protection, and complete back pain relief. EASYFEET reliably treats conditions such as plantar fasciitis, flat feet, pronation, metatarsalgia, shin splints, bunions, and Morton's neuroma.
- PREMIUM QUALITY FOR MOST FOOTWEAR TYPES: long-lasting durability and support. Our hard plastic orthotic inserts are made from extra-hard TPU with a cushioning PU foam layer and high-grade dampening gel pads. Heat and friction are reduced by the soft velvety breathable cover.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE: we guarantee customer satisfaction by ensuring the high-quality of our products, 1-year warranty and 90-day full refund (or replacement). We will take the insoles back even if they have already been trimmed! If you received a damaged item, please don't file a complaint, message us and we'll solve the problem! Click ‘Add to Cart’ for the best foot care now!
- Leather upper
- ABZORB midsole cushioning aids in absorbing forceful impacts
- Premium PU comfort insert
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology - ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
- FlyteFoam Midsole Technology - Our FlyteFoam technology provides exceptional bounce back and responsiveness no matter the distance, utilizing organic super fibers to help reduce packing out that traditionally happens with softer, low density foams.
- Dynamic DuoMax Support System - This evolution of DuoMax system enhances stability and support, with reduced weight and increased platform support.
- Engineered Mesh Upper - Multi-directional mesh material improves ventilation and stability.
How We Rated the Walking Shoes
People Also Asked
1. What type of shoes is best for flat feet?
Answer:Most experts agree that wearing shoes with a supportive sole is best for flat feet. Look for a shoe with a firm but cushioned insole to support the surface of your foot. The sole of the shoe should be flexible but not floppy. It should move with your foot and provide support while you walk or stand.
2. Do flat feet need arch support?
Answer:Even if it looks like your flat feet don’t have any arches, they’re definitely there, and properly supporting them will help prevent foot pain and injuries.
3. Why are red bottoms expensive?
Answer:Status Symbols. Arguably the biggest reason behind the big price tag is because the red soles are simply a symbol of status. Everyone wants to buy them, but not everyone can afford them. The notoriously steep price tag is just as widely recognized as the shoes themselves.
4. What is the number 1 shoes in the world?
Answer:With footwear sales of $28 billion in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2021, Nike is the clear number 1 in the global sneakers market.
5. Is Nike better than Adidas?
Answer:Which is better Nike or Adidas? Nike and Adidas are the two heavyweights when it comes to footwear and sports accessories. Regardless of where we belong from most of us are attracted to these brands when it comes to sports accessories including footwear and more. Nike has certainly an edge over its archrival Adidas.
As a running coach, marathon runner, and fitness writer, Christine Luff, ACE-CPT, has spent years researching and recommending running and walking shoes. To walk in comfort and reduce injury risk, she suggests getting properly fitted for walking shoes and replacing them regularly.