Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best white lullaby crib paint for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best white lullaby crib paint Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Use to accent details on interior décor and furniture with a unique Brushed effect
- Water-based, low VOC, low odor formula cleans easily with soap and water
- Covers up to 125 sq. Ft. Per quart, dries to the touch in 30 min and ready for recoat in 2 hours
- Durable paint features excellent adhesion in a one-step buildable coating, making it easy to finish new, vintage or Antique items
- Lightly textured Matte finish can be layered with different techniques for custom look
- Use on a variety of interior surfaces like wood, metal, ceramic, canvas and easily distress to create a vintage look
- Low-odor, latex formula allows for easy clean up with soap and water
- Dries to the touch in just 30 minutes and covers up to 150 sq. ft.; one-coat coverage allows projects to be completed easily
- Excellent adhesion and easy application with minimal prep
- Dries to an ultra-matte velvety, smooth finish
- All-in-One: Our DIY paint contains built in primer and top coat to paint almost any surface, indoor or outdoor including wood, laminate, glass, metal, and kids toys; wax & sealants are optional
- Quality You Can Trust: Respected manufacturer with over 80 years experience; amazing adhesion; great coverage requiring less paint coats; long lasting durability; little to no prep work required
- Paint for Furniture, Kitchen Cabinets & More: Formulated for furniture, home decor, kitchen cabinets, upholstery, craft projects & more
- Chalky Matte Finish: Paint dries within 30 minutes to a chalky matte finish that's easy to distress if desired, yet very durable; self leveling for a flawlessly smooth finish; blend colors with ease
- Eco-Friendly & Safe: No harsh chemicals such as phthalates, formaldehyde, heavy metals, or solvents; ultra low VOC including pigments; low odor; certified safe as per European Toy Safety Standards
- 6 Sounds & Songs: Choose from 6 sounds and lullabies: Heartbeat, Gentle Rain, Ocean Waves, Twinkle, Twinkle, Rock-A-Bye Baby, and Cradle Song; adjustable volume for customized sleep
- Picture Projector: Choose from 3 images on the included disc to project onto the wall or ceiling; images can function without the sound; the soft glow of the projector acts as a night-light
- Auto-Off Timer: Set the projector for 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes to help conserve energy; automatically shuts off after 3 hours
- Perfect for Travel: The MyBaby SoundSpa Lullaby Sounds and Projection is made out of durable plastic and is small and compact; packs easily in any luggage so your baby can relax on the go
- What’s in the Box: (1) MyBaby SoundSpa Lullaby, (1) Image Disk with 3 Scenes, (1) AC Adapter, (1) Quick-Start Guide
- Ideal for use on interior/exterior surfaces including wood, plastic, plaster, metal, masonry and unglazed ceramic
- Oil-based formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Dries to touch in 20 minutes and covers up to 12 sq. ft. per can
- Durable formula provides excellent hide and goes on smoothly
- Semi-gloss finish provides a soft shine on surfaces
- Weather and corrosion resistant coating protects exterior/interior surfaces like wood, metal, concrete, masonry and more
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to the touch in 2-4 hours and covers up to 22 sq. ft.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Glossy finish provides a fresh shine to surfaces
- BABY FOOTIE: Wrap your little one in a soothing hug. Super soft with just the right amount of stretch, the aden + anais comfort knit footie offers maximum comfort and security. A must-have for both parent and baby, our new comfort knit footie features a cotton-rich fabrication with superior stretch wrapping baby in a soothing hug for optimal comfort + security.
- EASY-DRESS ONESIE FOOTIE: We know that most babies do not enjoy a shirt being pulled over their heads. These onesie's feature a functional “top to toe” zip for easy diaper changes and a zipper safety cover to protect delicate skin. Our comfort knit footie makes getting dressed a cinch. This makes it easy to dress, undress, and quickly change diapers while keeping your little one happy and cry-free. The covered zipper protects your baby’s delicate skin.
- BREATHABLE, STRETCHABLE FABRIC: This cotton-rich fabric offers a one-way stretch that will move with your baby, keeping them warm and cozy. This soft, touchable fabric is gentle on your baby’s skin. The muslin’s open weave allows airflow, reducing the risk of overheating.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: This baby onesie is machine washable, please follow the special care instructions included. It will stay soft and maintain its slight stretch and softness wash after wash.
- COMFORT KNIT: From breathability and natural give to softness and durability, the benefits of aden + anais muslin baby-clothes give you complete assurance that you are doing the best thing for your baby’s comfort. The word-of-mouth buzz our signature muslin products continue to create among parents, nurses, pediatricians, industry experts, lactation consultants and celebrities alike is a testament to the comfort our products provide to both baby and parent.
- Using a real human voice, lull your baby to sleep with a calming shush — freeing up your precious time. Baby Shusher is the only baby soother needed for your nursery
- 15 to 30-minute timers assure long shushing sessions can get even the most resistant babies to sleep. Baby Shusher can be placed on the changing table to help with fussy babies
- Adjustable volume control helps your baby get to sleep without keeping everyone else awake. The device is one of the essential crib accessories to ensure a quiet house for the whole family
- Portable, easy-to-use design, and removable wrist strap gives you the option to carry your baby while putting them to sleep, and comes with 2 AA batteries so you can put your sleep aid to work
Baby Shusher is the award winning sleep aid device with awards such as: Mom's Choice Award, Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA), OHbaby! 2018 Gold Award Winner, BabyList's 2019 Best Product Award
- Premium Chalk Finish Paint Wax - Odorless, non-hazardous, and water-resistant sealing wax; available in a variety of colors
- Soft consistency and easy to apply: highlight texture and moldings and create custom finishes
- Creates a durable matte (flat) finish or it can be buffed to add a subtle sheen
- Apply to painted surface or directly on raw wood with a Jolie Wax Brush
- For best results, always apply Clear Finishing Wax to your piece before applying colored Finishing Waxes
- Scan any object or surface to find its paint match or digital color value.
- No moving parts. Lightweight and durable to let you scan color without wires and without calibration tiles.
- Match wall colors to top paint brands across the world including Benjamin Moore, Behr, PPG, Valspar, Sherwin-Williams and more. Paint libraries vary by country region.
- Find inspiration, browse curated palettes, and share selections and scans. Perfect for those who need to communicate color to colleagues, clients and more
- Find physical paint matches and digital color codes (sRGB, CMYK, CIELAB, HEX, LCH(ab), LRV, and Hue)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your white lullaby crib paint for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!