Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bumper for a drop front crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bumper for a drop front crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Eliminate Wine Sensitivities with Drop It – If you get a headache from a glass or two of wine, you may have a common sensitivity to Sulfites and/or Wine Tannins. Enjoy in moderation without a wine headache, with Drop It -- the ONLY product that naturally reduces BOTH Sulfites and Tannins in all types of wine. Proudly made (and verified) in the USA.
- All-Natural Ingredients – Drop It is independently tested and verified by a USA-based wine laboratory. Contains JUST 3 ingredients: food-grade hydrogen peroxide, natural egg white protein and sunflower lecithin. It's gluten, soy & dairy free, with no sweeteners or artificial flavors.
- Enjoyed by Thousands of Wine Enthusiasts – Highly cost effective compared to wine wands and wine filters, each bottle of Drop It treats up to 55 glasses of wine! Simply add Drop It to a glass or bottle of ANY type of wine: red wine, white wine, rose wine and sparkling wine/champagne.
- A Social Solution, Enjoy Wine Anywhere – Unlike using wands or messy wine filters, Drop It is portable, discreet and easily fits in your purse or pocket. Avoid unwanted attention at restaurants, bars and wineries -- savor your glass of wine without questions! Drop It is the original drop for wine. The makers of Drop It remind consumers to always drink responsibly.
- Easy to Use – Gently shake the discreet 10ml bottle, add drops to your favorite glass or bottle of sauvignon blanc wine, pinot grigio wine, cabernet sauvignon wine or boxed wine and swirl. In JUST 20 seconds, it's ready to enjoy. Will not alter the taste of wine when used as directed.
- ONLY CRIB RAIL THAT FIRMLY ANCHORS TO BED FRAME WITH REINFORCED CLAMPS for 100% safety. Cannot slip out of place like other crib rails.
- UNMATCHED QUALITY - Heavy-duty, rigid frame throughout, and reinforced nylon fabric safely holds your baby in the crib. Plus, it will never fray or tear. Design, safety, quality and unsurpassed customer service...that's hiccapop!
- FOLDS DOWN FOR BEDTIME STORIES - Makes transition from crib to toddler bed fun and STRESS-FREE!
- ASSEMBLES IN MINUTES - Our convertible crib bed railing is designed for simple, intuitive, stress-free installation. No tools needed. Includes easy-to-follow instructions. FITS ALL MAJOR BRANDS OF CRIBS (except IKEA).
- PASSES ALL FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS. LEAD-FREE PAINT AND NO PHTHALATES
- SWING DOWN: The patented swing down feature allows this bedrail to pivot down and out of the way when getting in and out of bed or removing sheets
- SAFE: 43-inches long and 20-inch tall for added security. Certified by American Testing Society and Juvenile Product Manufactures Association
- FIT: For use with a twin to queen size bed. For use with a box spring only. To ensure proper fit please follow fit guidelines.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- EASY TO SET UP: No tools required. Rail cover is machine washable. The durable nylon mesh fabric that encloses the steel frame, is soft to the touch and comfortable for your little one
- SECURE: Anchoring strap that secures the bedrail to the bed. Designed with all steel frame
- ENJOY WINE AGAIN – Only PureWine alleviates ALL of the most common side effects from drinking wine: Headaches, Stuffy Nose, Skin Flush, Next-Day Hangovers and Upset Stomach.
- REMOVES HISTAMINES AND SULFITES, THE PUREWINE ADVANTAGE - No other wine purifier removes BOTH the histamines and sulfites that trigger those unwanted wine allergies and sensitivities. The Wand purifies ALL red, white and sparkling wines WITHOUT changing the natural flavor, aroma or color of the wine
- CONVENIENT, PER-GLASS - Easy to use, portable, fits in purse or pocket. Disposable, one-time use, no messy cleanup needed. Perfect for social gatherings, celebrations and holidays. Great for gifting and sharing with friends. Never lose track of your glass again with NEW twist-off wine charms. Purifies and aerates a glass of wine in as little as 3 minutes.
- NO MORE WASTED WINE - Imagine no longer having to throw away opened bottles of wine! The Wand restores open, oxidized wine to its natural state using Patented Phoenix Purification technology.
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE– Does not add any harsh chemicals. Phoenix Purification is proven safe and effective in independent tests. FDA compliant and BPA-Free. 100% Made in the U.S.A.
- Perfect for transitioning from crib to big bed; works with any size bed from toddler to king and even as a bed divider for co sleeping
- Features a non-slip bottom so you can rest assured that your child is safe and sound
- Our super soft bamboo cover is natural and washable, yet still waterproof so the bumper can last you years to come
- So easy to install and ultra-light for travel. Size: 52x7x4.5"
- Our bed bumper conforms with all federal safety regulations including ASTM F2085-12 Safety Specification for Portable Bed Rails - Child may roll over the bumper, or push aside, and it is not intended to prevent falling out of the bed
- Supervised lounging and playtime
- Enables baby movement and supports tummy time
- Convenient place for quick diaper changes
- Bonding time with parents and family
- Familiar spot for babies while traveling
- EXTRA LONG FOAM BEDRAIL: Includes one (1) foam bed rail/bed bumper for toddlers and kids to use, simply unpack and unroll; bedrail will expand to extra-long size portable and travel-friendly option
- KEEPS KIDS SAFE: This foam rail prevents children from falling or rolling out of bed provides gentle resistance subconsciously alerting your sleeping child to move away from the edge made from safe & non-toxic foam meets ASTM standards for safety
- EASY TO CLEAN: Features a removable, water-resistant and machine washable cover
- QUICK & EASY INSTALL: Slip this foam bed rail under your fitted sheet for a secure fit installs in seconds! silicone beaded non-slip fabric on top and bottom keeps bumper securely in place
- SIZE: 56”L x 6”W x 4.5”H fits on Twin, Full, Queen and King Size beds fomes in a giftable box recommended for children 2 and up
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed and daybed (toddler conversion kit No.M3199 sold separately)
- PORTABLE: Rolling wheels allow you to move the crib around freely and to move aside to clean those hard to reach areas under the crib. Wheels can be locked to keep crib stationary
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine wood. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Jenny Lind Changing Table, 3 and 6-Drawer Dressers, and Nightstand for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses
- Absorbent & Waterproof: The waterproof pad will be your best protection to avoid liquids and nighttime accidents, stains or potty training. Bed pad keeps bed dry and super absorbent high density inner layer and lock in moisture.
- Absorbent & Waterproof: The waterproof pad will be your best protection to avoid liquids and nighttime accidents, stains or potty training.
- Durable & Washable: Crib Mattress protector is durable with 4 layers construction including cotton fabric surface, breathable absorbent layer, No plastic sound TPU waterproof layer,and anti-slip layer
- Non-slip & Soft Surface: Comfortable soft quilted cotton/polyester top surface, which allow the pad to feel exceptionally smooth on the skin. The bottom of protector with anti-slip layer is best protection at daycare time even if your little one is rolling or playing.
- Biloban's Life Guarantee: Biloban's quality you can trust. If continence pad does not meet your needs for any reason including return, please directly contact with us, we will solve them at first time. Don't worry about them.
- Safe and comfortable - This baby bassinet can be used as a baby cradle or bedside sleeper attached to adult bed, mesh of two-side makes baby feel breathable and comfortable
- Adjustable - 5 height positions(min15'',max21'') suit for most adults' beds
- Safe design - This bedside sleeper meets all safety regulations on the assembly of side and horizontal cradle with clear instructions
- Easy to install - no tools are needed during installation
- Suitable from Birth to 12-months.if you are the mother /father of the new baby,looking for a cribs,please choose nordmiex baby sleeper;if you are the uncle/aunt/grandfather/grandmother of the newborn baby,looking for a baby gift for boys or girls,our baby crib is a nice choice
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bumper for a drop front crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!