As a running magazine, we often tout the health benefits of our sport, but honestly, walking is pretty great, too. In fact, research shows that—just like runners—people who walk at a moderate intensity regularly have a lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
Walking is a great form of exercise with lots of health benefits, but wearing the right shoes is key to staying comfortable and injury-free. Whether you walk for fitness or simply spend a significant amount of time on your feet, you need shoes that offer quality all-around cushioning and support to prevent fatigue and soreness.
A good walking shoe should fit well right away without having to break it in. “You shouldn’t be feeling any pinching or trouble moving your toes,” Ami A. Sheth, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist in California, says. Shoe styles with a wide range of sizes, including half sizes and widths, will help you find the best fit for you.
Based on our research and testing, here are the best brooks walking shoe for women on the market. So, to help you out, here is our run-down of the what, when, and how of buying the brooks walking shoe for women along with our picks for the top products.
So, we urge you to stay with us, my friends!
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
Editors’ Note: We reviewed this article in June 2022 and still recommend these walking shoes. We’ll be evaluating this list on a monthly basis to make sure we’re bringing you the most up-to-date products and industry information.
Our Proposed Top 10 best brooks walking shoe for women Reviews in 2022
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Trace is a perfect choice for runners who want a performance running shoe — but not necessarily all the bells and whistles.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: The Trace offers neutral support combined with dynamic cushioning throughout, to minimize the impact of your every step while delivering a smooth ride from start to finish.
- ADAPTIVE CUSHIONING: Lightweight BioMoGo DNA adapts to your speed, stride, and weight to help deflect impact away from your body.
- BREATHABLE UPPER: Engineered mesh offers a performance fit that allows air flow on the run.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: Segmented crash pad cushions your landing and creates a seamless heel-to-toe transition.
- Treat yourself to a brand new ride this season. Elevate your running experience with the Brooks Ghost 14 running shoes! These road runners offer a smooth-as-silk ride with a form-fitting interior that keeps your feet cushioned and secure even after m
- Predecessor: Ghost 13.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch GTS 8 is for runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun ride plus trusted GuideRails support. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch GTS 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Ravenna 11.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: The Launch GTS 8 is the more supportive version of the Launch 8. The integrated GuideRails holistic support system keeps excess movement in check to keep you moving comfortably and providing support beyond just the feet, to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast and supportive ride without the extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
- BREATHABLE AND SLEEK FIT: The new one-piece mesh upper creates a closer-to-foot-feel that is more breathable than ever before.
- QUICK TRANSITIONS: The Midfoot Transition Zone is shaped to go from heel to toe quickly. Newly added blown rubber in the forefoot propels you forward for a faster ride.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness. This Brooks Women's Glycerin 19 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
- PLUSH FIT: The plush feel of an internal stretch bootie surrounds your foot and moves and expands with your stride. The engineered mesh upper enhances the fit.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: The plush transition zone makes every move from heel to toe feel incredibly soft and smooth.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar (PDRB) is a support system for your entire body, guiding and keeping your body in its natural path of motion. This Brooks style is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe.
- SLIP-RESISTANT: An innovative outsole that's been certified (SATRA TM144:2011) for slip resistance provides excellent traction.
- SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight and speed, to make every step comfortable and reduce impact on your joints.
- LONG-LASTING: Both comfortable and durable, this shoe with a full-grain leather upper will be a staple to your wardrobe.
- FRESH LOOK: A refreshed leather upper offers classic style.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: For runners looking for a shoe with modern looks and performance features to make running feel springy and fun, the Revel 4 delivers all-day versatility with a responsive feeling perfect for putting in miles on the road.
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA cushioning adapts to your stride, weight, and speed to help protect you by deflecting impact away from your body.
- QUICK TRANSITIONS: An updated arrow-point pattern in the outsole lets your foot move from heel to toe quickly.
- FRESH LOOK: The Fit Knit upper provides a fashion-forward aesthetic with a secure, distraction-free fit.
- WEAR TESTERS SAY: “The shape of the shoe promotes a fluid motion from forefoot striking to toe-off. I am running quickly in them without much extra effort and the ride is a good contributor to that.”
- The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22 running shoes have an updated mesh upper with 3D print for added structure and support. The holistic GuideRails support system also helps protect the knees by keeping excess movement in check.
- Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 21.
- Support Type: Overpronation/Stability.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road.
- THIS WOMEN’S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch GTS 9 is for runners who want to go consistently fast and enjoy a responsive, lightweight shoe that offers added support.
- GREAT SUPPORT: The Launch GTS 9 is the more supportive version of the Launch 9. The integrated GuideRails holistic support system keeps excess movement in check to keep you moving comfortably while providing support to your feet, knees, and hips.
- ENHANCED BREATHABILITY: Reengineered upper features Creel Warp mesh, designed to be extremely lightweight and breathable. Hints of reflectivity on the upper to increase visibility on the road.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: We have added more BioMoGo DNA cushioning to the midsole for an even faster ride without the extra weight. A dynamically responsive ride for days when you are working on your speed.
- RESPONSIVE TRANSITIONS: Redesigned midsole increased by 2 mm to provide runners with more responsiveness while the Green Rubber Outsole helps your foot move quickly from heel to toe.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners who want trusted support and protection in every step, plus a roomy fit to accommodate feet with unique needs. A roomy toe box accommodates orthotics or provides a better fit for voluminous feet. Updated with the innovative GuideRails support technology, this shoe maximizes comfort and support. Predecessor: Addiction 14. This Brooks Addiction GTS 15 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA, our proprietary cushioning, adapts to your stride, weight, and speed. Why? So it can help protect you by reducing impact on your joints.
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our innovative GuideRails support technology reduces excess joint movement on the run, adding support beyond your feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees.
- GENEROUS FIT: Sometimes you need a little extra room to move around in. If you need a roomier shoe for flat or high-volume feet or specialized orthotics, your search is over.
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
How We Rated the Walking Shoes
How to Choose the best brooks walking shoe for women
So far, we got to see some amazing products of brooks walking shoe for women. But if you see, most product to get ruined quickly or won’t used because of a lack of quality.
Other than that, consumers cannot judge the right product since they do not know what features make the product worth it. Those people especially should go through a buying guide first before opting for a product.
A good pair of walking shoes should fit comfortably right out of the box—no break-in period required. Make sure there’s at least a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
It’s best to go to a store and try on several options to get a feel for the right size and desired roominess. Everyone’s feet are different, so brands that work for some walkers may not work best for you and vice versa. If you wear custom orthotics or inserts, look for a shoe that’s deep enough to accommodate them or has removable insoles.
A good pair of walking shoes will have gel, foam, or air midsole cushioning, which reduces impact and helps with shock absorption as you’re walking.
Support is key when choosing a shoe, especially for those who have a history of foot pain and issues. “The shoe should have a good sturdy sole that is flexible at the toes only, not through the midfoot, and one that you cannot wring out like a dishrag,” Dr. Sheth says.
Make sure there’s enough support in the arch area, too. “Over time, flat shoes with no arch support may cause plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and ankle pain,” Dr. Fuzaylov says.
Shoes should be durable enough for all-day wear, but more lightweight than most running shoes. Stick with shoes from quality brands that specialize in walking (and running) shoes and look for sturdy rubber outsoles. What should be avoided are court shoes and cross trainers, which are designed for more lateral movements.
If you do a lot of fitness walking, especially in warm weather, you’ll want a shoe that won’t make you overheat. “It should be made of a breathable material such as mesh or a leather material,” Mark Mendeszoon, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist based in Ohio, says.
What Reviewers Say
“Very comfortable! I have tendinitis in my feet and ankles and very high arches, and these shoes are supportive and cushy.”
People Also Asked
1. What type of shoes is best for flat feet?
Answer:Most experts agree that wearing shoes with a supportive sole is best for flat feet. Look for a shoe with a firm but cushioned insole to support the surface of your foot. The sole of the shoe should be flexible but not floppy. It should move with your foot and provide support while you walk or stand.
2. Do flat feet need arch support?
Answer:Even if it looks like your flat feet don’t have any arches, they’re definitely there, and properly supporting them will help prevent foot pain and injuries.
3. Why are red bottoms expensive?
Answer:Status Symbols. Arguably the biggest reason behind the big price tag is because the red soles are simply a symbol of status. Everyone wants to buy them, but not everyone can afford them. The notoriously steep price tag is just as widely recognized as the shoes themselves.
4. What is the number 1 shoes in the world?
Answer:With footwear sales of $28 billion in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2021, Nike is the clear number 1 in the global sneakers market.
5. Is Nike better than Adidas?
Answer:Which is better Nike or Adidas? Nike and Adidas are the two heavyweights when it comes to footwear and sports accessories. Regardless of where we belong from most of us are attracted to these brands when it comes to sports accessories including footwear and more. Nike has certainly an edge over its archrival Adidas.
As a running coach, marathon runner, and fitness writer, Christine Luff, ACE-CPT, has spent years researching and recommending running and walking shoes. To walk in comfort and reduce injury risk, she suggests getting properly fitted for walking shoes and replacing them regularly.