As a running magazine, we often tout the health benefits of our sport, but honestly, walking is pretty great, too. In fact, research shows that—just like runners—people who walk at a moderate intensity regularly have a lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
Walking is a great form of exercise with lots of health benefits, but wearing the right shoes is key to staying comfortable and injury-free. Whether you walk for fitness or simply spend a significant amount of time on your feet, you need shoes that offer quality all-around cushioning and support to prevent fatigue and soreness.
A good walking shoe should fit well right away without having to break it in. “You shouldn’t be feeling any pinching or trouble moving your toes,” Ami A. Sheth, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist in California, says. Shoe styles with a wide range of sizes, including half sizes and widths, will help you find the best fit for you.
Based on our research and testing, here are the best brooks running shoe high arches on the market. So, to help you out, here is our run-down of the what, when, and how of buying the brooks running shoe high arches along with our picks for the top products.
So, we urge you to stay with us, my friends!
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
Editors’ Note: We reviewed this article in June 2022 and still recommend these walking shoes. We’ll be evaluating this list on a monthly basis to make sure we’re bringing you the most up-to-date products and industry information.
Our Proposed Top 10 best brooks running shoe high arches Reviews in 2022
- Treat yourself to a brand new ride this season. Elevate your running experience with the Brooks Ghost 14 running shoes! These road runners offer a smooth-as-silk ride with a form-fitting interior that keeps your feet cushioned and secure even after m
- Predecessor: Ghost 13.
- Support Type: Neutral.
- Cushioning: High energizing cushioning.
- Surface: Road.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: Runners looking for a supportive shoe that's soft and smooth, the Adrenaline GTS 21 offers an improved ride and reliable support for however your body moves so you can forget the shoes and enjoy the run. This Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: Provides just the right amount of stability and support, great for overpronation while providing high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Adrenaline GTS 20
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT Crash Pad cushions each footfall and works with BioMoGo DNA to adapt to your every stride.
- MODERNIZED FIT: A streamlined, engineered mesh upper with 3D Fit Print offers the structure and proven fit the Adrenaline is known for-without excess bulk.
- GUIDERAILS HOLISTIC SUPPORT SYSTEM: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner’s body: the knees. GuideRails keep you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Beast ’20 is perfect for runners who want to turn up the dial on support, cushioning, and comfort. Runners who prefer a little extra space in the forefoot may find these to be a perfect match. This Brooks Beast 20 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The DNA LOFT cushioning provides a soft, luxurious feeling underfoot without losing responsiveness or durability.
- ENHANCED FIT: Enjoy comfort front to back with a spacious yet secure fit thanks to an engineered-mesh upper and conformable embroidered saddle.
- NEW LOOK: Embroidered saddle and eyestay create a modern look and strategic structure.
- HOLISTIC SUPPORT: We've shifted our focus beyond the feet to the most injury-prone part of a runner's body: the knees. GuideRails support keeps you moving comfortably by keeping excess movement in check.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Trace is a perfect choice for runners who want a performance running shoe — but not necessarily all the bells and whistles.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: The Trace offers neutral support combined with dynamic cushioning throughout, to minimize the impact of your every step while delivering a smooth ride from start to finish.
- ADAPTIVE CUSHIONING: Lightweight BioMoGo DNA adapts to your speed, stride, and weight to help deflect impact away from your body.
- BREATHABLE UPPER: Engineered mesh offers a performance fit that allows air flow on the run.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: Segmented crash pad cushions your landing and creates a seamless heel-to-toe transition.
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width
- ENERGIZED FEEL: Delivers a responsive and springy ride to add extra lift to your stride without compromising support or speed.
- SUPPORT SYSTEM: Next-generation Guide Rails provide holistic support by guiding your feet into alignment—reducing heel and shin rotation, and keeping excess knee motion in check.
- RESPONSIVE CUSHIONING: This responsive cushioning provides best-in-class energy return, for a dynamic, springy, responsive ride. Your own energy is conserved, allowing you put more into every stride.
- SECURE FIT, INCOGNITO COMFORT: The dynamic midfoot wrap makes feet feel secure inside of the highly adaptable Fit Knit upper. The covert wraparound heel collar treats your feet to plush comfort. A sueded heel tab protects your Achilles from irritation.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Glycerin 19 is perfect for runners who think there is no such thing as too much cushioning. The plush internal fit and soft transitions keep runners surrounded by softness. This Brooks Women's Glycerin 19 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Provides neutral support while offering the maximum amount of cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Glycerin 18. Look for the Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 for the same style with added Support.
- SUPER-SOFT CUSHIONING: The ultimate in softness and supreme comfort, designed for runners who want pillowy soft cushioning. The Glycerin 19 with DNA LOFT offers our most plush underfoot experience yet — so runners enjoy comfort that goes the distance.
- PLUSH FIT: The plush feel of an internal stretch bootie surrounds your foot and moves and expands with your stride. The engineered mesh upper enhances the fit.
- SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: The plush transition zone makes every move from heel to toe feel incredibly soft and smooth.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: For runners looking for a versatile shoe that’s springy on the run, stylish off the run, and comfortable for the long run. Styled to perform, the Revel 5 delivers a springy ride and all-day comfort. Predecessor: Revel 4
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA cushioning adapts to your stride, weight, and speed to help protect you by deflecting impact away from your body.
- QUICK TRANSITIONS: The arrow-point pattern in the outsole lets your foot move from heel to toe quickly. Our Green Rubber outsole puts a spring in each step.
- FRESH LOOK: The updated Fit Knit upper provides versatility and style with a comfortably secure fit.
- REFRESHED UPPER: The Engineered Air Mesh and 3D Fit Print on the upper create the right blend of stretch and structure for supreme comfort and stability.
- THIS MEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Ghost 13 is for runners looking for a reliable shoe that's soft and smooth. The Ghost 13 offers improved transitions for zero distractions so you can focus more on what matters most: your run. This Brooks Ghost 13 is a certified PDAC A5500 Diabetic shoe and has been granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance.
- SUPPORT AND CUSHION: The neutral support type provides high energizing cushioning. Ideal for road running, cross training, the gym or wherever you might want to take them! Predecessor: Ghost 12
- BALANCED, SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA and DNA LOFT cushioning work together to provide a just-right softness underfoot without losing responsiveness and durability - yet it feels lighter than ever.
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: No matter how your foot lands, our Segmented Crash Pad - an integrated system of shock absorbers - will cushion every step and stride for smooth heel-to-toe transitions.
- SOFT, SECURE, FIT: The newly engineered mesh and 3D Fit Print practically disappears on your foot with strategically placed stretch and structure.
- Need a running shoe with cushion and stability? The Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 offers incredible support when running and breathability to keep feet cool and dry the entire run.
- Superior stability and support.
- Lace up vamp.
- Cushioned insole.
- Textile upper, lining and insole.
- THIS WOMEN'S SHOE IS FOR: The Launch 8 is for neutral runners who want a lightweight shoe with a fast, fun, ride. Durable enough for training but light enough for race day, the Launch 8 is designed to keep up on every run. Predecessor: Brooks Launch 7.
- NEUTRAL SUPPORT: Streamlined yet cushioned, with neutral support, this shoe hits the sweet spot between a race flat and a standard trainer.
- LIGHTWEIGHT CUSHIONING: Brooks lightest BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning provides a fast ride without any extra weight - perfect for days when you are working on your speed.
- BREATHABLE AND SLEEK FIT: The new one-piece mesh upper creates a closer-to-foot-feel that is more breathable than ever before.
- QUICK TRANSITIONS: The Midfoot Transition Zone is shaped to go from heel to toe quickly. Newly added blown rubber in the forefoot propels you forward for a faster ride.
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
How We Rated the Walking Shoes
How to Choose the best brooks running shoe high arches
So far, we got to see some amazing products of brooks running shoe high arches. But if you see, most product to get ruined quickly or won’t used because of a lack of quality.
Other than that, consumers cannot judge the right product since they do not know what features make the product worth it. Those people especially should go through a buying guide first before opting for a product.
A good pair of walking shoes should fit comfortably right out of the box—no break-in period required. Make sure there’s at least a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
It’s best to go to a store and try on several options to get a feel for the right size and desired roominess. Everyone’s feet are different, so brands that work for some walkers may not work best for you and vice versa. If you wear custom orthotics or inserts, look for a shoe that’s deep enough to accommodate them or has removable insoles.
A good pair of walking shoes will have gel, foam, or air midsole cushioning, which reduces impact and helps with shock absorption as you’re walking.
Support is key when choosing a shoe, especially for those who have a history of foot pain and issues. “The shoe should have a good sturdy sole that is flexible at the toes only, not through the midfoot, and one that you cannot wring out like a dishrag,” Dr. Sheth says.
Make sure there’s enough support in the arch area, too. “Over time, flat shoes with no arch support may cause plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and ankle pain,” Dr. Fuzaylov says.
Shoes should be durable enough for all-day wear, but more lightweight than most running shoes. Stick with shoes from quality brands that specialize in walking (and running) shoes and look for sturdy rubber outsoles. What should be avoided are court shoes and cross trainers, which are designed for more lateral movements.
If you do a lot of fitness walking, especially in warm weather, you’ll want a shoe that won’t make you overheat. “It should be made of a breathable material such as mesh or a leather material,” Mark Mendeszoon, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist based in Ohio, says.
What Reviewers Say
“Very comfortable! I have tendinitis in my feet and ankles and very high arches, and these shoes are supportive and cushy.”
People Also Asked
1. What type of shoes is best for flat feet?
Answer:Most experts agree that wearing shoes with a supportive sole is best for flat feet. Look for a shoe with a firm but cushioned insole to support the surface of your foot. The sole of the shoe should be flexible but not floppy. It should move with your foot and provide support while you walk or stand.
2. Do flat feet need arch support?
Answer:Even if it looks like your flat feet don’t have any arches, they’re definitely there, and properly supporting them will help prevent foot pain and injuries.
3. Why are red bottoms expensive?
Answer:Status Symbols. Arguably the biggest reason behind the big price tag is because the red soles are simply a symbol of status. Everyone wants to buy them, but not everyone can afford them. The notoriously steep price tag is just as widely recognized as the shoes themselves.
4. What is the number 1 shoes in the world?
Answer:With footwear sales of $28 billion in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2021, Nike is the clear number 1 in the global sneakers market.
5. Is Nike better than Adidas?
Answer:Which is better Nike or Adidas? Nike and Adidas are the two heavyweights when it comes to footwear and sports accessories. Regardless of where we belong from most of us are attracted to these brands when it comes to sports accessories including footwear and more. Nike has certainly an edge over its archrival Adidas.
As a running coach, marathon runner, and fitness writer, Christine Luff, ACE-CPT, has spent years researching and recommending running and walking shoes. To walk in comfort and reduce injury risk, she suggests getting properly fitted for walking shoes and replacing them regularly.