Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best blankets for toddlers in crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best blankets for toddlers in crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- BUILT FOR PRESCHOOL / DAYCARE NAPPERS — portable all-in-one bedding solution for modern on-the-go parents of children attending preschool or daycare – includes removable pillow, sewn-in blanket, and name tag. Premium Features: Removable pillow is now 100% machine-washable, and blanket has been upgraded to a premium double-sided no-pill fleece
- SOFTENS TRANSITION TO SCHOOL — let your child pick their own pattern, personalize the name tag, and slip their favorite plush toy in the “secret pocket” to share their naps away from home
- SECURE AND COZY – the first nap mat to feature sewn-in elastic bands that pull over mat / cot corners to assure your toddler's bedding stays in place (also fits on Regalo portable cots)
- EASY CARE, KID-PROOF DESIGN — simply cold water wash and tumble dry low – that’s it. And now featuring a machine-washable pillow and no-pill fleece blanket, this nap mat is guaranteed to withstand daily school use and weekly washings for years
- AWARD WINNING – Winner of Mom's Choice Award and the National Parenting Seal of Approval, recommended by Parenting and Working Mother magazines
- SUPER SOFT & COZY: 100% Polyester fabric is extra plush and fluffy, made to keep baby warm during summer or winter, and keep baby's sensitive skin comfortable. Great blanket for newborn, infant, or toddler. Blanket can be used in receiving room in nursery when mom gives birth.
- LARGE SIZE: Blanket is 30" x 40" long, which is the perfect size for all babies, whether they are newborn, infant, toddler, boy or girl, gender neutral. This baby blanket will keep baby covered from head to toe so they are cozy, relaxed, snug, and comfortable.
- REVERSIBLE: The material of this baby blanket is not only comfy and fluffy but is also reversible so it can be used on both sides. The fabric on the color side is luxury velvet and comes in either weave embossed finish design or corduroy embossed finish design and the fabric on the white side is heavyweight Berber fabric.
- PERFECT GIFT: This blanket is an excellent choice as a baby gift or baby shower. It’s very comfortable and an excellent value for your loved ones. Babies will love the soft feel of this blanket on their sensitive skin. The design and color of this blanket is very trendy and cool for any and all babies.
- VERSATILE: Multiple uses for different activities like cuddling, swaddling, sleeping, strolling, receiving, or even nursing. Can be used in many places like nursery, bedroom, crib, bassinet, or stroller. The blanket can even be used by adults too. Enjoy!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If at any point in time - for whatever reason – you should be dissatisfied with our baby blanket - don’t hesitate to contact us!
- SUPER DURABLE BOUTIQUE QUALITY - Let our extraordinarily high quality lightweight & breathable muslin assure you that you're doing the best thing for your baby's comfort. Superior breathability, natural give, softness and durability. Baby essentials which last a lifetime and provide happiness throughout generations!
- SNUGGLY COMFORT – It's been called our “Magic'' blanket by loyal customers, so cozy it puts babies to sleep! Breathable and soft muslin cozy fabric helps prevent overheating and is gentle against baby's sensitive skin.
- LARGE, VERSATILE & STYLISH – Our large 47'' x 47'' (120cm x 120cm) blanket provides you and your little bundle of joy with enough space without having to fear that they will outgrow the blanket too soon! It's perfectly sized for playtime, tummy time, bedtime, and every time in between. There's no wonder why fussy toddlers and newborns cling to it for comfort and security for sleeping soundly through the night.
- PERFECT BABY GIFT – Choose from a variety of adorable signature prints and color schemes for girls, boys or unisex; and essential gifts for baby showers, birthdays and holidays. Machine washable, softer with every wash!
- Premium Material: Both sides 100% organic cotton with a skin-friendly synthetic fiber filling. Our toddler blanket is designed exclusively to pamper your baby’s delicate skin. Natural cotton material presents a soft and warm surface, avoiding skin scratches, irritations, and allergies of any kind. Choose Zenssia organic cotton baby blanket and provide your child with a cloud-like sleep all night.
- Breathable & Cooling: For thermal purposes, zenssia crib blanket is padded with thick filling. It is not bulky nor overly huge so it would be easy to wrap your baby up on cold winter days. Organic cotton on both sides of the baby blanket wicks away extra heat and moisture, keeping your baby cool all day and night.
- Generous Size For Multiple Applications: Measuring 39x39 inches, we offer a larger size than other baby blankets on market (normally 30x40 inches). Large size ensures full coverage over your baby. Perfect for sleeping or napping, tummy time play mat, stroller cover, nursing cover, pet blanket, swaddling, and cuddling. Weighs only 0.77lb/ piece, lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Perfect Baby Receiving Gift: Zenssia baby blanket will be a gift very much loved by mom-to-be and new baby. Your baby will always remember the decent texture of the soft baby blanket. Perfect gift for baby shower.
- Satisfactory Shopping Experience: We offer a 90-day return and replacement service plus a 1-year quality warranty to make your shopping assured. If you are not satisfied with your shopping experience, please contact us at any time. We are 24/7 here for you to resolve any problems!
- 100% Organic Cotton, Size 38"X48"
- We’ve dealt with the problems with cheaper products - the smells, the unsightly stains, the environmental concerns - so we decided to make something special for other moms just like us. When you can choose quality over quantity, you’re not only creating a better experience for your little one - you’re creating a better world for all of us.
- Our quilt blankets feature 4 layers of wonderfully soft muslin. These unique blankets are lightweight and cozy, and perfect for all seasons and climates. Take along when out and about, a perfect crib, toddler bed, stroller blanket, or afternoon nap blanket. These blankets brings extra coziness to any nursery or warmth on the go.
- The convenience of these nicely designed blankets, along with their environmental friendliness, make them a thoughtful gift. Perfect for infants and toddlers.
- Fabrics for these blankets are sourced from Europe, designed, and sewn in California. All fabrics are GOTS and Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, which guarantees that the product is free of toxic substances and chemicals that are harmful to health.
- [ Size ]: 27"x39", great size for Kids, toddler, boys, girls. You can easily fold it up and pack it in the bag when travelling, also can be used in stroller, baby car seat and play pad etc.
- [ Print Design ]: Colorful and Lovely Style Toddler Blanket For Kids, Boys, Girls,toddler.
- [ Soft & Friendly to Kids Skin ]: The soft, smooth surface fabric is 100% microfiber polyester fabric and provides fade resist and stain better than others Blanket.
- [ Easy Care ]: Machine wash in cold water with similar colors. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach.
- [ Customer First ]: If you have question about our product, please contact us on Amazon, by click ask a question. Uozzi Home will help you ASAP
- PRODUCT FEATURES: Our toddler quilt is made of nice microfiber, and filled with thermal fiber. Our quilt is ultra soft, fluffy and not stuffy, and it will help your little lover stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- PRODUCT FUNCTION: Our beautiful quilt is perfect for baby gifts, and also can be used as crib blanket, travel blanket, nap blanket, pet blanket and stroller cover.
- PACKAGE INCLUDE: 1 x Quilt (39 x 47 inches)
- EASY CARE: Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, tumble dry at low temperature, cool iron if needed. Do not bleach.
- SATISFACTORY SALES SERVICE: We are so confident in the quality of our product that we offer 90 days return and replacement service. We also provide it with a life time free customer service. If you find that our products have quality problems, just contact us and we will solve the problem for you immediately.
- Hardcover Book
- Gold, Gina (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 10 Pages - 07/11/2017 (Publication Date) - Studio Fun International (Publisher)
- SAFE SLEEP: Continuing the trusted bedtime routine, HALO's SleepSack Toddler is your child’s next step in safe sleep. Worn over pajamas, this wearable swaddle sleeping bag replaces loose blankets to safely comfort your little one all night long. And since it can’t be kicked off, your toddler will stay asleep longer.
- THOUGHTFUL DESIGN: Features convertible foot openings that can be flipped over to keep little toes toasty, and legs openings for extra mobility. The sleeveless swaddle blanket design also prevents overheating.
- 3 SIZES AVAILABLE: All sizes include adjustable shoulder tabs and elastic waist to support your toddler's growth for a full year. The younger sizes (12 mo and 2T) also feature an inverted zipper for easy diaper changes. The 3T size has a standard zipper that provides more freedom to older toddlers.
- MATERIALS: Made with premium fabric without any added chemicals, it's available in 100% cotton (TOG 0.5) or ultra plush Luxe Fleece (2.0 TOG).
- PRODUCT CARE: Turn inside out and close zipper before laundering. Machine wash cold with like colors on gentle cycle. Close zipper before washing. Tumble dry low.
- ADVANCED AIR CLEANING TECHNOLOGY: HEPA-13 and Activated Carbon work together so you can breathe easier
- PURIFIES HOME AIR: Filters up to 1,850 Square Feet Per Hour, or 388 Square Feet 5 Times Per Hour, Based on AHAM verified clean air delivery rate filtering pollen, tobacco, smoke, and dust
- COMPLIES WITH MAX OZONE: Instant air purifiers comply with the maximumm allowable concentration of ozone of 0.005 parts per million by volume (ppmv) in a 24-h period
- 24/7 AIR QUALITY MONITORING: Our intelligent sensor monitors air quality 24/7 and adjusts fan speed in Auto Mode to make the air in your home cleaner
- WHISPER-QUIET NIGHT MODE: Light sensor automatically turns off displays and lowers noise to whisper-quiet levels when it is time for bed
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your blankets for toddlers in crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!