Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best blankets for babies crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best blankets for babies crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- √ Soft micro fleece knit blanket that feels nice against the skin–perfect to put over your baby when it's time for bed. It could bring a comfortable sleeping temperature to your child that suitable for spring, summer, autumn and winter.
- √ The size of the blanket means that you can easily fold it up and pack it in the bag when going on trips, also can be used in stroller, baby car seat and as a changing pad etc.
- √ The soft, smooth surface fabric is thermal, durable, breathable and contains no substances, phthalates or chemicals that can harm your baby's skin or health. A safe choice for your child–and for the environment.
- √ Synthetic microfiber blanket are very easy to care for and can be washed by machine often. They also dry relatively quickly.
- Burt's Bees Baby - Reversible Jersey Blanket
- Measures 30" W x 40" L
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable jersey shell, with 100% polyester fill for extra warmth
- All purpose blanket, perfect for tummy time!
- Combed and ringspun for durability, softness, and no-pill washing
- ❤️ VERSATILE USAGE SCENARIOS: Infant blanket in 30”x40” is perfect for Sleeping, Stroller Cover, Nursing Cover, Burp Cloth.
- ❤️ SKIN-FRIENDLY FOR BABY: Our minky baby blanket is made from 100% premium plush ployester fabric, very soft, lightweight, warm and breathable.
- ❤️ PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT: The beautiful floral pattern makes it a practical and perfect gift for any occasion: baby shower day, baby's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's Day and Children's Day.
- ❤️ SPECIAL DESIGN:：double-layer design and dotted backing to soothe the baby and create a better sleep for the baby.
- Measures 30" X 40".
- Our LIGHTWEIGHT thermal swaddle blanket is a great baby shower gift. The SOFT and stretchy material makes it perfect for swaddling. Its size makes it great for travel or for just cuddling up with.
- Machine wash cold. Tumble dry low.
- Affordably priced shower gift
- ❤️ MATERIAL: Soft lightweight fuzzy warm fluffy cozy and plush flannel fleece, manufactured by OEKO-TEX standard 100 complied factory. Front side is plush soft warm breathable pink mink, back layer is fluffy cozy snuggly white sherpa. Suitable for winter cold weather. If you need one layer thin baby blanket for spring, summer or autumn, please search CREVENT.
- ❤️ SIZE: 30''X40'' Portable for various purposes and places: car, cradle, crib , stroller, cot, bed, indoor, outdoor, travelling, baby diaper changing, office napping etc.
- ❤️ GIFT PACK: Great gift for newborn baby girls / infants / toddlers / pets / dogs / cats etc. Christmas / Birthday / New Year / Receiving Gift / Baby Shower Gift.
- 👍 Easy maintenance, machine washable and dry.
- 💯 100% QC checked before shipment.
- MATERIAL | Made with Top of the Line Plush and Sherpa textiles for the softest experience available for your baby
- USE | Super Soft, Lightweight but Warm Blanket for babies, toddlers, infants
- SIZING | 30 x 40 inch of Warm Blanket; toddler blanket delicate for your child’s skin, Guaranteed Softest to Touch
- MULTI - PURPOSE | Perfect use as a Baby Swaddle Blanket, Crib Blanket, Receiving Blanket, Stroller Blanket, Stroller Cover, Nursing Cover, Burp Cloth, outdoor travel blanket or just an ultra-soft blanket for sleeping, cuddling and any other occasion
- EASY CARE| Lightweight Blanket, Easy to Maintain, Machine Washable and Dryable for Time Better Spent
- 【2.0 New Material】 Super Soft Minky and Sherpa: Double-layer soft baby blanket with one side Fluffy Minky and the other Sherpa offers your baby with maximum softness.
- 【Bionic Design】 Raised Dots, Let Baby Feel The Touch And Comfort Of His Mother
- 【EASY TO CARE】 Machine wash with cold water, gentle cycle, tumble dry at low temperature, separately with other colors.
- The fabulous color revives this baby blanket with an elegant appearance to complement your room with a chic feeling.
- Neat stitches enhance strong connections at seams and better structural strength with an integrated outlook.
- MATERIAL: Soft minky breathable baby blanket, manufactured by OEKO-TEX standard 100 complied factory. Unique and cute design special for babies,unisex. Suitable for all seasons.
- SIZE: 30''X40'' Portable for various purposes and places: car, cradle, crib , stroller, cot, bed, indoor, outdoor, travelling, baby diaper changing, office napping etc.
- GIFT PACK: Great gift for newborn babies / infants / toddlers / pets / dogs / cats etc. Baby shower/ Christmas / Birthday / New Year / Receiving Gift.
- Easy maintenance, machine washable and dry.
- 100% QC checked before shipment.
- PREMIUM QUALITY– Our luxury baby muslin blanket is made of 100% high thread count muslin cotton with no chemicals, or harmful residues. It has OEKO-TEX certificate. It is perfect for your baby and toddler’s delicate skin. Comfortable muslin cozy fabric helps reduce the risk of overheating and is gentle against baby's sensitive skin.
- 4 LAYERS: We use four lightweight layers for extra softness and added warmth without bulkiness. The breathable, natural, supremely soft fabric is like a mom’s touch and will comfort your little one in the best way possible while making parents lives simpler.
- SOFT COLOURS and DURABILITY - Superior breathability, natural give, softness and durability. Our blankets are very durable and can be enjoyed for many years to come, passing from one sibling to another. Perfect soft colours, both kids and moms will fall in love with them!
- MULTI-USE - Use it in various ways, besides bedtime, it is perfect to take anywhere you go. Use these blankets for naptime, tummy time, daycare, traveling, stroller, car seat, picnics, even for beach. Measuring large 47 inches x 35 inches(120 cm x 90 cm), it makes swaddling easier than ever. Unique rectangular size is better to easily swaddle.
- EASY CARE – Great for busy parents, machine wash cold, and it gets softer with every wash. Our natural fabric quilts won’t fade over time. PERFECT BABY GIFT – Our blankets are ideal gifts for baby showers; birthdays and holidays
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Jan Eaton (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 10/15/2006 (Publication Date) - C&T Publishing (Publisher)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your blankets for babies crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!