As a running magazine, we often tout the health benefits of our sport, but honestly, walking is pretty great, too. In fact, research shows that—just like runners—people who walk at a moderate intensity regularly have a lower risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes.
Walking is a great form of exercise with lots of health benefits, but wearing the right shoes is key to staying comfortable and injury-free. Whether you walk for fitness or simply spend a significant amount of time on your feet, you need shoes that offer quality all-around cushioning and support to prevent fatigue and soreness.
A good walking shoe should fit well right away without having to break it in. “You shouldn’t be feeling any pinching or trouble moving your toes,” Ami A. Sheth, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist in California, says. Shoe styles with a wide range of sizes, including half sizes and widths, will help you find the best fit for you.
Based on our research and testing, here are the best black work shoe for wide feet on the market. So, to help you out, here is our run-down of the what, when, and how of buying the black work shoe for wide feet along with our picks for the top products.
So, we urge you to stay with us, my friends!
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
Editors’ Note: We reviewed this article in June 2022 and still recommend these walking shoes. We’ll be evaluating this list on a monthly basis to make sure we’re bringing you the most up-to-date products and industry information.
Our Proposed Top 10 best black work shoe for wide feet Reviews in 2022
- Flexible sole
- Electrics hazard
- Memory Foam foot bed
- Slip resistant
- THE PERFECT WORK CROCS: Do your shoes live up to your career specialty? The Crocs On-The-Clock Work Slip On Clogs are the Crocs work shoes men and women need for long days and nights
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs work clogs are easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These shoes offer a relaxed fit and we recommend ordering a size down to the next largest whole size
- CERTIFIABLY COMFORTABLE: Think of these slip resistant shoes as a caffeinated version of the Crocs Classic Clog, all geared up for the grind. The enclosed toe and heel meet workplace standards and will protect your feet from spills
- SLIP RESISTANT: Made with Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads, these Crocs for work are perfect for those at risk of falling. The Croslite foam and deeply cushioned footbeds offer Dual Crocs Comfort that is perfect for those long shifts
- WORK CLOGS FOR WOMEN: Neria is dependable and ready to make the rounds with protection and comfort every step of the way. These are the work Crocs women need for long days and nights
- EASY TO CLEAN: Crocs Neria Pro II clogs are easy to clean by just using soap and water and allowing for a quick dry. The updated style includes removable, washable footbed liners
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These slip resistant work shoes offer a relaxed fit and we recommend ordering a size down to the next largest whole size
- THICK CONSTRUCTION: These Crocs work shoes have thicker toe regions to protect feet from spills. These non-slip shoes for women are perfect as kitchen shoes, nursing shoes, chef shoes and work Crocs for any other demanding "on-your-feet" industry
- CERTIFIED COMFORTABLE SHOES: Crocs that are fully ASTM F2913-11 tested, CE Certified. Meets or exceeds EN ISO 20347:2012, OB, SRC
- Memory foam insole
- Soft fabric shoe lining. Padded collar and tongue
- FlexSole shock absorbing flexible lightweight midsole
- SLIP RESISTANT WORK SHOES FOR WOMEN - Our thick rubber soles have an oil and slip resistant tread pattern for enhanced grip, specifically designed to prevent trapping of oil and liquid, and to be non-marking. They help to secure sure footing in slippery environments like food service areas
- IDEAL WORK & NURSING SHOES – These comfortable shoes are perfect for people who are on their feet all day. Waitresses, waiters, nurses, & other professionals who are standing and walking all day will love these lightweight, all-day comfort shoes. They're also great walking shoes for travel
- REMOVABLE MEMORY FOAM SOCK LINER – For pressure point relief, our MEMORYfōm responds to the unique curves of your foot to reduce pressure points for a personalized fit
- SUPPORTIVE & DURABLE SNEAKERS – The compression molded EVA midsole, anatomical heel cradle, and Avia’s Cantilever Technology center and stabilize the heel, and provide exceptional shock absorption and cushioning
- EASY, SECURE CLOSURE – The durable, stay-put hook and loop closure makes these shoes adjustable, and makes them ideal for elderly men and women who have difficulty tying laces, for adults with arthritis, or for anyone who loves the quickness and ease of a hook and loop closure!
- 50% Mesh/50% Leather
- Synthetic sole
- Relax fit
- Memory foam
- Compression molded midsole
- Leather upper
- Medicare / HCPCS code = A5500, may be eligible for Medicare reimbursement
- Non-marking outsole
- Oil-resistant outsole properties are tested according to ASTM D471-16a
- [Work shoes]: Upgraded version Safety work shoes with steel toe and upper material made of PU. The sole is rubber sole without steel plate.
- [PU upper]: High-quality PU material, waterproof and oil-proof, with a steel head, anti-smashing, so that your feet can be better protected during work.
- [Rubber sole]: Upgrade the specially designed shape and pattern to better improve the anti-skid and wear resistance,and easy to clean at the same time. Non-slip in daily life,not slip-resistant on water and oil stained floors.The sole is not suitable for prolonged contact with water.
- [Use occasion]: Suitable for construction workers, factory work, gardeners, restaurant waiter, etc., industries that require safety work shoes.Also suitable for normal everyday wear.
- [The best service]: Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We just want you to know that your satisfaction is always our top priority.
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
How We Rated the Walking Shoes
How to Choose the best black work shoe for wide feet
So far, we got to see some amazing products of black work shoe for wide feet. But if you see, most product to get ruined quickly or won’t used because of a lack of quality.
Other than that, consumers cannot judge the right product since they do not know what features make the product worth it. Those people especially should go through a buying guide first before opting for a product.
A good pair of walking shoes should fit comfortably right out of the box—no break-in period required. Make sure there’s at least a half-inch of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
It’s best to go to a store and try on several options to get a feel for the right size and desired roominess. Everyone’s feet are different, so brands that work for some walkers may not work best for you and vice versa. If you wear custom orthotics or inserts, look for a shoe that’s deep enough to accommodate them or has removable insoles.
A good pair of walking shoes will have gel, foam, or air midsole cushioning, which reduces impact and helps with shock absorption as you’re walking.
Support is key when choosing a shoe, especially for those who have a history of foot pain and issues. “The shoe should have a good sturdy sole that is flexible at the toes only, not through the midfoot, and one that you cannot wring out like a dishrag,” Dr. Sheth says.
Make sure there’s enough support in the arch area, too. “Over time, flat shoes with no arch support may cause plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and ankle pain,” Dr. Fuzaylov says.
Shoes should be durable enough for all-day wear, but more lightweight than most running shoes. Stick with shoes from quality brands that specialize in walking (and running) shoes and look for sturdy rubber outsoles. What should be avoided are court shoes and cross trainers, which are designed for more lateral movements.
If you do a lot of fitness walking, especially in warm weather, you’ll want a shoe that won’t make you overheat. “It should be made of a breathable material such as mesh or a leather material,” Mark Mendeszoon, DPM, FACFAS, a podiatrist based in Ohio, says.
What Reviewers Say
“Very comfortable! I have tendinitis in my feet and ankles and very high arches, and these shoes are supportive and cushy.”
People Also Asked
1. What type of shoes is best for flat feet?
Answer:Most experts agree that wearing shoes with a supportive sole is best for flat feet. Look for a shoe with a firm but cushioned insole to support the surface of your foot. The sole of the shoe should be flexible but not floppy. It should move with your foot and provide support while you walk or stand.
2. Do flat feet need arch support?
Answer:Even if it looks like your flat feet don’t have any arches, they’re definitely there, and properly supporting them will help prevent foot pain and injuries.
3. Why are red bottoms expensive?
Answer:Status Symbols. Arguably the biggest reason behind the big price tag is because the red soles are simply a symbol of status. Everyone wants to buy them, but not everyone can afford them. The notoriously steep price tag is just as widely recognized as the shoes themselves.
4. What is the number 1 shoes in the world?
Answer:With footwear sales of $28 billion in the fiscal year ended May 31, 2021, Nike is the clear number 1 in the global sneakers market.
5. Is Nike better than Adidas?
Answer:Which is better Nike or Adidas? Nike and Adidas are the two heavyweights when it comes to footwear and sports accessories. Regardless of where we belong from most of us are attracted to these brands when it comes to sports accessories including footwear and more. Nike has certainly an edge over its archrival Adidas.
As a running coach, marathon runner, and fitness writer, Christine Luff, ACE-CPT, has spent years researching and recommending running and walking shoes. To walk in comfort and reduce injury risk, she suggests getting properly fitted for walking shoes and replacing them regularly.