Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bedding color for gray brown crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bedding color for gray brown crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Includes one quilt, one fitted crib sheet, and one dust ruffle
- The quilt features a friendly elephant, appliqued lion, adorable monkey with striped arms and legs and a colorful tree
- The fitted crib sheet is elasticized all around for a snug fit
- Coordinates with the Jungle Fun Baby Bedding Collection
- Machine Washable
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Solid Color
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- [ Package ]: 1 Quilted Comforter 34"x 43" with 2 inch Ruffle ; 1 Fitted sheet 28"x52"+ 8" fits a standard size crib mattress : The pillowcase is 13"x18" for standard toddler pillow, The 3 pc crib set will fits most crib bedding. Try a new cute ruffle design for your baby.
- [ Material ]: Made in eco-friendly polyester and made by our 100% Oeko-Tex Certified Factory. Offer your kids best quality. Our comforter is made with 100% 90GSM microfiber outer fabric and ultra soft 320GSM microfiber inner fill. Soft Durable, breathable and machine washable. Help your Baby get warm very easy in cold weather. The sheet, pillowcase and the ruffle are made on 90GSM fabric (same with the comforter)
- [ Design ] Solid Color design with ruffle, The comforter have 2 inches ruffle and make it very cute for boys or girls. American country style crib bedding set. We offer you white gray and pink to choose. Try some simple color and offer the baby a nice sleep
- [ Easy Care ] : Machine wash cold separately on gentle/delicate cycle. Tumble dry on low.
- [ CUSTOMER SERVICE INCLUDED ]-- If you have any question about our product, please feel free to contact us on Amazon. Uozzi Home will help you in 24h 🙂
- Flexible & Safe Fit: Stop worrying whether these sheets can fit your mattress pad-thanks to its thoughtful construction, our mini crib sheets are specifically designed for most 1" - 5" pack and play pad comes with standard pack and play, mattress for pack and play, play yard, playpen, mini portable crib. 5’’ depth pocket, sewn with an elastic encased band help tightly secures the mattress pad in its place with no loose ends and zero bunching.
- Heavenly Soft Beyond Expectation: Baby’s delicate skin is always our most concern. These pack n play sheets / mini crib sheets are made of 110 GSM high density and fine brushed microfiber polyester, incredibly soft, cozy and breathable, offering a smooth, silk like feel for exceptional comfort. Wish your little one have fun and sleep well.
- EASY CARE: Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, with like colors. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Iron on lowest setting as needed. Labor test shows that our sheets keep brand new and remain the perfect fitness on mattress after 50+ wash cycles.
- What You Can Get: 3 pack of mini crib sheets set in the package. Our generous 3 pack of mini crib sheets allows you to always have a clean sheet on hand. We know you will go through hundreds of loads of laundry - never be caught without a clean sheet again!
- Top Rated Customer Service: We offer 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE and 1-YEAR QUALITY WARRANTY to make your shopping assured. Questions reaching to us will be answered under 24 hrs.
- 【VERSATILE USES】LIFEIN throw blanket can be snuggled up on couch,bed,chair,sofa when you enjoy your time in your living room/bedroom, or be used as a decorative throw blanket shows an artistry boho accent on your couch or foot of bed for easy home decor, you can even regard it as a cooling summer blanket since it's lightweight and breathable, such a perfect couch throw, don't you want?
- 【FANTASTICAL DESGIN】LIFEIN throw blanket for couch nicely raised waffle textured knit design and well-arranged rustic farmhouse style fringes, this knitted throw blanket is in kinda terracotta/burnt orange rust, which is a pretty easy way to match your room to add an extra solid terracotta boho feature, don't you want have a burnt orange rust throw blanket or a terracotta throw blanket for your home decor?
- 【ALL SEASON USE】LIFEIN couch throw blanket is your ideal choice for spring throw blanket, its farmhouse style match blooming spring perfectly.In summer it turns to be a cooling summer blanket, its lightweight & breathable keep you warm in A/C room. Having this caramel rust throw blanket in autumn is always so elegant, what a dream fall throw blanket! As a winter throw ,it nimbly be a shawl or scarf to warm you up outdoors, don't you want such a soft throw blanket?
- 【QUALITY ASSURANCE】LIFEIN Blanket size 50*60",100% premium acrylic is warmer and more durable than ordinary fleece blankets & throws, but still have fluffy touch of lamb wool blankets, about 1 lb. weight makes this small throws lighter and more breathable than cotton throw blanket, don't you want a such nice blanket?
- 【WHAT YOU CAN GET】LIFEIN throws are very suitable for tasteful homeowners, classic but not tacky as a housewarming gift, you can have this comfy blanket as a gift for Mothers Day, Christmas,Thanksgiving,Easter or other holidays, A good cozy blanket is a combination of right price, satisfactory adaptability,and cute design,bring this charming blanket home. Tip: images may have chromatism.
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed/Toddler Guardrail Kit #0080 & Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time; Easy assembly; Available in a variety of colors: Grey, Bianca White or Dark Chocolate
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 54.50 inches L x 30.50 inches W x 43.75 inches H; Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately); Cuna para bebé que se convierte en una cama para niño/niña, sofá cama y cama de tamaño completo
- STAY PUT CORNERS: Extra stretchy, all-around premium elastic makes for a snug fit
- PREMIUM QUALITY FABRIC: Maintains shape, looks great, and gets softer with every wash
- GIFT REGISTRY-READY: Pair a crib sheet with our swaddles, changing pad covers or hand-quilted blankets for a nursery-perfect shower gift
- VERSATILE: 28" x 52" size; designed to fit both standard crib and toddler mattress
- CUTE SOUTHWESTERN PRINTS – Potted succulents and geometric designs will soothe your baby with this 4 Pk Microfiber Sheet Set. An assortment of cacti in shades of green and grey look vibrant on a crisp white background in one sheet, a fun geometric in shades of grey in another, and two solid color sheets in coordinating colors round out this collection
- SOFT & COMFY – The fabrics in our fitted crib sheet sets have been carefully selected to be soft, comfortable, and breathable. Made from 100% microfiber, these baby sheets will be the perfect addition to your little one's nursery
- HIGH QUALITY & EASY CARE – Designed to be fade resistant and machine washable for easy care. For best long-term care, machine wash these sheets on cold with similar colors on a gentle cycle. You can then tumble dry on low heat or line dry to best preserve the bright and colorful designs of this quick-drying material
- PERFECT FIT – This set includes four fitted infant sheets sized for a standard sized crib or infant mattress (52 in. by 28 in.) and has been tested for the perfect fit. With full elastic trim all around 4 sides, these sheets are easy to use and safely securable with 8 in. deep pockets
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE – We are so sure that you will love our crib bedding and sheet sets that we back them with our manufacturer 30 day money back guarantee. Click the yellow “Add to Cart” button now with total confidence knowing you are getting the best
- Dimensions: This bed set includes a 28 x 52 inch fitted crib sheet with 8 inch deep pockets, a 32 x 42 inch quilted comforter, and a dust ruffle skirt that measures 27 x 51 inches with a 16 inch drop.
- Grey Baby Elephant & Puppy Collection: This 3 piece crib sheet set provides the perfect finishing touch for any nursery. It features a cute baby elephant and its puppy companion!
- Unisex Neutral Designs: Whether you're expecting a little boy or girl, this crib set has a neutral color palette of soft gray to complement any other nursery decor.
- Ultra Soft Material: We wanted to ensure quality and comfort for your infant so the sheet is made of 100% gentle and soft polyester microfiber while the cozy comforter is polyester.
- Perfect Gift: This 3-pack nursery bedding set makes the perfect gift for any baby shower or new mom. It also makes the perfect gift for you & your future baby!
- SOFT, STYLISH, and SAFE - The first thing you will notice about our premium quality crib sheet is the luxuriously soft, breathable fabric. You’ll love the feel and fit as you pull the sheet snug and realize the elastic band wraps all the way around the mattress, creating a safe and soothing space for your baby to sleep.
- DESIGNED BY MOMS FOR MOMS - At Pobi Baby, we know how hard it can be to find a fitted crib sheet that is easy to use, safe for baby, and beautifully designed. We started this company because we’re customers just like you, and we knew we could provide a better product by paying attention to the details and refusing to compromise.
- EASY MAINTENANCE - Accidents happen and crib sheets need to be washed. Our single crib sheets allow you to choose exactly the pattern you want. Best of all, they will not wrinkle, shrink, or stretch out, even with many washes.
- BEAUTIFUL LONG LIFE - Unlike many other sheets, our high quality cotton/spandex blend will not pill or lose its vibrant colors over time. These crib sheets are designed to last! Fill your world with beauty by mixing and matching with Pobi Baby’s other nursery accessories: bassinet sheets, portable crib sheets, changing pad covers, and multi-use car seat and nursing covers.
- MOMS DESERVE THE BEST - This premium crib sheet is an absolute must have for your baby registry; the perfect baby shower gift for a mom you love. You can be sure to buy with total confidence, knowing that if for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, you can rely on our 30-day money back guarantee. Being a mom is tough enough; shopping online should be easy, and we’re here to help!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bedding color for gray brown crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!