Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bed skirt for ikea crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bed skirt for ikea crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- EXPERTLY TAILORED: Measuring 28” x 52” with 14” drop, your crib skirt fits all standard crib/toddler bed, easily reach the floor and hide the storage space under the crib/toddler bed. Strong and light, reinforced stitches and durable fabric. No matter how many times the crib skirt is washed, the fabric will not shrink or fade
- EASY ON/OFF DESIGN: Adjustable elastic straps make the crib skirt easy to put on and take off the crib bed. It is surrounded by four sides and has no top cover. The corner buttons can be adjusted to fit the crib bed, which is stronger, not easy to fall off and helps you install crib skirt quickly without even lifting the mattress.
- QUALITY MATERIALS & WELL-CRAFTED: Made of durable and soft microfiber, your crib skirt (Ruffle) will always keep the shape and beauty no matter what happend.
- EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Your crib skirt is machine washable and hand washable. The maximum washing temperature: 40 degrees, do not bleach, no dry-cleaning. If possible, you can steam it (used a steam iron on a low setting ) before the first use, the crib skirt will be more beautiful.
- Biloban's LIFE-TIME GUARANTEE: Biloban's quality you can trust. If the crib skirt does not meet your needs for any reason, Replacement or Money Back, No Questions Asked!
- UPGRADED DESIGN: TILLYOU crib skirt is styled with grace ruffles and pompoms for a soft tailored finished look. The pompoms makes your crib or toddler bed look more cute and attractive
- SILKY TEXTURED FABRIC: Made of 100% high quality microfiber, this crib skirt is soft, cozy, wrinkle and fade resistant, providing superior performance and luxurious silk looking
- PERFECT FIT: Measuring 28” x 52” with 14’’ drop, this crib skirt fits perfectly on all standard cribs and most toddler beds. The 14’’ length is long enough to discreetly hide storage under the crib. Finished with 4 split corners to make placement around crib posts easy, and is convenient to change and wash
- HIGH QUALITY GUARANTEE: Since 1997, TILLYOU create only baby safe products which also pass CPSIA test requirements and meet CPSC standards. All our concern is to bring your baby a warm and cozy nursery room to slumber and dream
- TOP RATED CUSTOMER SERVICE: We offer 30-DAY MONEY-BACK and 1-YEAR QUALITY WARRANTY to make your shopping assured. If you have any question, please contact us. We will answer under 24 hrs
- PREMIUM QUALITY - 1 Pre-washed super soft 100% cotton muslin fitted crib skirt; 52" x 28" x 12" (132cm x 71cm x 30.5cm)
- TIMELESS STYLE - Our adorable sheets feature modern colors that complement your nursery style and whimsical prints to delight your child
- DURABLE AND EASY CARE- Stays soft wash after wash; Machine washable
- PERFECT BABY GIFT - Our crib skirts are ideal gifts for baby showers; birthdays and holidays
- MATCH UP YOUR FAVORITE PRINT- beautiful prints for girls; boys and unisex baby nurseries to complete your favorite collections
- CLASSIC PLEATED DESIGN: TILLYOU Pleated Bed Skirt is featured with inverted pleats for a soft tailored finished looking. It will make your nursery crib or toddler bed look more luxury and cute. Available in multi solid colors, our bedskirt will coordinate well with your crib bedding theme, solid or printed
- PREMIUM COTTON FABRIC: Made of 100% woven cotton, our skirt (Ruffle) will always keep the shape no matter what happened. The platform is made of 100% microfiber polyester, which is durable and breathable. Both ruffle and platform are neatly stitched together. Does not fall apart after wash
- SNUG FIT STANDARD CRIB: Measuring 28” x 52” with 14” drop, our crib skirt fits perfectly over all standard cribs and most toddler beds. The 14” length is long enough to cover storage bin or box under the crib perfectly. Featured with 4 split pieces, our crib skirt is easy to get placed on or off within minutes
- EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Machine wash cold on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry. Experiments show that TILLYOU crib bed skirt can withstand hundreds of washing & drying and still do its job
- TOP RATED CUSTOMER SERVICE: We offer 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE and 1-YEAR QUALITY WARRANTY to make your shopping assured. Questions reaching to us will be answered under 24 hrs
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit #M11999 and full-size conversion kit #M5789 sold separately)
- ADDITIONAL STORAGE: Spacious trundle drawer to fit all the crib sheets, baby blankies and more
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine and TSCA compliant engineered wood. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Colby 3-Drawer Dresser & 6-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- MATERIAL: 100% Polyester Microfiber
- DIMENSIONS: 28"x 52" with a 14" Drop
- CARE: Easy Care, Machine Wash & Dry
- USE: Fits All Standard Size Cribs and Toddler Beds
- ADDITIONAL INFO: Solid Color Coordinates with a Wide Range of Bedding Styles. Available in Pink, White, and Grey
- 100% cotton percale 220 thread count
- 13.5" skirt has a finished baby hem and split corners
- Fits most standard size cribs
- Centerpiece is made of 100% durable cotton
- Classic pleated design: CaSaJa generous extra-long classic crib bed skirt has both pleated long sides. Coordinates with a wide range of bedding styles and adds a finished look to baby's crib.
- Premium quality: CaSaJa baby crib skirt is made of soft 100% double brushed silk-looking microfiber, which features a tidy and beautiful appearance. The platform is made of durable woven fabric instead of cheap non-woven fabric, can withstand frequent washes and ensure long term use.
- Prefect fit: Measuring 28" x 52" with 14" skirt, our crib bed skirt fits perfectly on most of standard cribs and toddler beds. The generous 14" length is long enough to discreetly hide storage under the crib. Split corners ensure easy and quick installation.
- Washable & Durable: Machine washable on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry. The selected microfiber fabric looks refreshed and new with each wash, while the durable woven platform can withstand multi wash cycle.
- Brand you can trust: CaSaJa is a professional manufacturer and brand of textile bedding products. Specialized in baby bedding products, we commit to bring a touch of safety, freshness and modern to your nursery with premium product and unsurpassed service.
- Perfect to Fit: Measures 28 x 52 x 5 inches, fits snugly onto any standard mattress up to 6in. Fits amazing and keeps mattress smooth underneath sheets for baby to sleep on.
- Cool Comfort: Baby cribs pads keeps your baby warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Soft fabric is the the most absorbent textiles fabric,drawing moisture away from the skin faster and allowing for a more comfortable night's sleep.
- Comfy,Ultra Soft,Quiet: Our toddler crib mattress protector with extra thick padding for your little feel comfortable yet.
- Wash Durable: Waterprooof crib mattress pad cover stands up well to washing by machine & dry, for frequent accidents, buy 2 or more - while one is washed, the other protects the mattress.
- Biloban's Life Guarantee: Biloban's Quality You Can Trust, if baby cribs does not meet your needs for any reason, Replacement or Money Back, No Questions Asked!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bed skirt for ikea crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!