Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bed bug crib mattress cover for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bed bug crib mattress cover Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION - It Has A Super Zipper Closure Which Is Fully Encasing Your Babies And Toddlers Mattress, Keeps Moisture Out Completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Provides Protection On All 6 Sides Of Mattress. Seals out Moisture, Sweat & Anything Wet. Breathes well, Doesn't Make You Sweat or Feel Hot.
- CLEAN AND HEALTHY - Keeps Your Child's Mattress Clean By Blocking Out The Things You Don't Want On It. 100% Safe for your Kids.
- 100% QUIET AND SOFT - No Crinkling or Annoying Sounds like Most Waterproof Covers. Stays in Place While Sleeping. Ultra-Plush and Soft to Touch, Mam and Kids Will Love It.
- EASY WASH & CARE - Machine Wash and Dry, They Wash Well and Beautifully and Hold Up. Will Not Tear or Crack. Excellent Fit & Quality. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- 100% Waterproof - Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee (NOTE: For frequent accidents and easy clean-ups, place a fitted SureGuard Mattress Protector over the encasement).
- Bed Bug Proof - Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs - use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh - Blocks dust, dirt and dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless - 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture; Retains the feel of your child's mattress - Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Crib (28 in x 52 in) - Zippered Mattress Encasement; Fits up to 6-8 inches deep - Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- FULLY ENCASED - Our waterproof crib mattress protector measures 53' x 28' x 5.5', fits all standard crib mattresses and toddler mattresses.
- BREATHABLE and WATERPROOF - Our crib mattress cover has 4 layers on top, the waterproof TPU inside keeps pee or any other liquid from leaking into your mattress from the top. Keep the mattress clean and dry for longer use.
- HIGH QUALITY ZIPPER - We choose high quality zipper on our mattress cover to offer durable usage. Also you can trust the quality of stitches which will not popped or ripped for a long time.
- NO CRINKLING NOISES - We use quilted microfiber filled with soft polyester fiberfill to make this soft and noiseless mattress cover, help keep your little one quiet.
- EASY TO CHANGE - Our crib waterproof mattress cover can definitely be used with memory foam mattress, it is easy to cover on and off the crib mattress when it needs to be changed.
- Vinyl Free
- Enjoy excellent protection with a vinyl-free, fitted-sheet-style mattress protector for **Crib** size mattresses
- HIGH QUALITY: Excellent material that provides resistance from all that can cause you discomfort. Terry surface fabric is more comfortable and less noisy than vinyl covers
- ENGINEERED MEMBRANE BACKING repels liquids but breathes allowing sweat and vapor to pass; waterproof, fitted sheet stays in place for superior protection
- EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Wash separately in warm water. Do not bleach or use fabric softener. Quick Drying
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Solid Color
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- Perfect to Fit: Measures 28 x 52 x 5 inches, fits snugly onto any standard mattress up to 6in. Fits amazing and keeps mattress smooth underneath sheets for baby to sleep on.
- Cool Comfort: Baby cribs pads keeps your baby warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Soft fabric is the the most absorbent textiles fabric,drawing moisture away from the skin faster and allowing for a more comfortable night's sleep.
- Comfy,Ultra Soft,Quiet: Our toddler crib mattress protector with extra thick padding for your little feel comfortable yet.
- Wash Durable: Waterprooof crib mattress pad cover stands up well to washing by machine & dry, for frequent accidents, buy 2 or more - while one is washed, the other protects the mattress.
- Biloban's Life Guarantee: Biloban's Quality You Can Trust, if baby cribs does not meet your needs for any reason, Replacement or Money Back, No Questions Asked!
- The SafeRest crib mattress protector protects against fluids with specially designed micro-zippered and breathable fabric to protect your baby's mattress from accidents.
- Our waterproof crib mattress protector uses cool and breathable fabric for a better night of sleep or nap for your little one. These encasements are also noiseless and soft for extra comfort.
- Find peace of mind knowing that this crib mattress cover is OKEO-TEX certified, as well as phthalate, vinyl, and PVC free.
- This mattress encasement has a 360 degree secure micro-zipper to provide added security and safeguard your mattress protectors from your little ones.
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT - Fits Queen size mattress perfectly with dimensions 60 inches by 80 inches; 15 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC - Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER - Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION - Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE - Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bed bug crib mattress cover for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!