Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bassinet to crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bassinet to crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Added Sleep: SNOO Sleeper boosts sleep 1-2+ hours per night, so parents get more sleep than with other baby cribs or smart furniture. Our moving sleeper bassinet soothes babies with the constant rumbly sound and gentle rocking motion they loved in the womb.
- Automatically Responds To Cries: SNOO detects fussing and the self-rocking bassinet responds with gradually stronger white noise + motion to calm crying. Your own essential personal helper, 24/7!
- Prevents Risky Rolling: The only bassinet, sleeper, or bed that keeps your baby safely on the back, the #1 safe sleep guideline recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Comes with 3 hip-safe sleep sack swaddles.
- Easy To Customize: Our smart app logs sleep and naps, and lets you adjust bassinet’s motion, sound, and cry sensitivity. Includes preemie mode and weaning option for the best transition to the crib.
- 30-Day, No Risk Trial: If you’re not 100% satisfied, return your SNOO within 30 days of receipt and we'll give you a full refund and pay for return shipping, too!
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 4 different ways to use to grow with baby from newborn to toddler
- Stage 1: Raised bassinet for newborn positions baby at your eye level for check-ins throughout the night without having to get out of bed
- Stage 2: Crib-level bassinet for infant offers a cozy, elevated spot for baby to sleep, making it easy to get baby in and out
- Stage 3: Infant travel bassinet is removable so you can keep baby by your side at home or away
- Stage 4: Spacious bassinet for toddler provides the appropriate space for your little one to sleep
- 3 in 1 Convertible Mode: This baby bassinet is equipped with 3 convertible modes, it can be used as a standalone baby bassinet, bedside sleeper attached to the adult bed, or baby cradle. The rails on the bottom can be turned conveniently and you can change the mode freely to meet your different needs.
- Ideal for Night Feeds: AMKE baby bedside crib has a zipper design on the side, which can be easily opened to help moms take better care of babies. Moms can reach in to soothe baby or take up baby for a feeding when needed. At the same time, the mesh structure, while ensuring ventilation, more convenient for the mother to observe the state of the baby at any time. Especially for any mom who is nursing or having a c section, it is truly a sleep saver and improves quality of life.
- Adjustable Height & Angle:With 6 heights adjustment(12.7-19.5 inches), our baby bedside sleeper is ideal for accommodate more use scenarios. Not only limited to the bedside, but also suitable for all kinds of sofa, beds or other places. Give your baby ever-present care and protection, even in the middle of the night. The newborn bedside crib also has a practical design, after feeding the baby, you can adjust the angle to prevent the baby from spitting milk.
- Premium Aluminum Material for Durability: Constructed of thick aviation aluminum alloy frame, this baby bedside crib is light weight and stand firmly when ready to nurse, breastfeeding or feed. Meet the regulations of US about baby bassinet! More trustworthy, We put your baby's safety first.
- Easy and Tool-free Assembly:Disassemble and fold in under a few minutes,you only need to do is to press the marbles on the side of the tubes;A large storage basket under the bassinet part is easy for mom to store and pick up for your baby's toys, snacks, blankets, etc. ;Portable design folds for easy transport and storage,matress cover can be easily removed and cleaned. From newborn to 6 months (3 -9kg/ 6-19.8 lb)
- 2 modes of use for baby’s full first year: bassinet and crib alternative
- Adjustable bassinet matches the height of most beds
- Breathable mesh sides for airflow & keeping baby in sight
- Soothing sounds for lulling baby to sleep; soft light for nighttime check-ins
- 4 lockable wheels for moving room-to-room
- 3 modes of use: Bedside sleeper, portable bassinet and a height adjustable changing table for extended use up to 35 lbs.
- Electronic module includes 6 melodies, 2 vibration settings and a nightlight
- Features machine washable, zip-off fabrics for easy cleaning and a reversible mattress that’s quilted for comfortable sleep and waterproof for changing
- Height adjusts between 24” – 33.5” tall to fit over beds and allow for standing when used as a changing station
- Dual-function handle/brake and rubberized swivel wheels make it easy to move from room-to-room and lock in place during daytime use
- Adjustable 9 heights,18"- 25.6" measurement from floor to bottom of bassinet,to adjust to varying bed heights you and your baby will sleep comfortably next to each other from the moment your baby arrives.
- Mesh sides provide lots of breathability and visibility to baby, allows baby to be as close to you as possible while sleeping in their own comfortable space in the bedside bassinet.
- The RONBEI bedside bassinet enables you to reach over and draw your baby close for feeding,comforting and bonding. Simply lower the bassinet walls for easy access while in use as a changing station.
- Bassinet and mattress sheets take off easily and are machine washable for ultimate ease of use.
- Super easy to assemble and light weight too, easily move from room to room for convenient daytime use as a portable bassinet.
- EXTRA CLOSE SAFE SLEEP – The only bassinet that goes over your bed and swivels. The closest, safest alternative to co-sleeping.
- EASY LOWERING WALL – Quick access to your baby without bending or twisting. All walls are fully mesh for air flow and visibility.
- 2-IN-1 DESIGN – Converts from bedside bassinet to portable sleeper for safe naps and lounging around the house.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE – Accommodates beds from 24” to 30” high. Legs tuck fully or partially under bed frames at least 4.5” from floor.
- FITTED SHEET AND MATTRESS INCLUDED – Fabric walls can be removed for machine washing. Compatible with all BassiNest accessories.
- Safe and comfortable - This baby bassinet can be used as a baby cradle or bedside sleeper attached to adult bed, mesh of two-side makes baby feel breathable and comfortable
- Adjustable - 5 height positions(min15'',max21'') suit for most adults' beds
- Safe design - This bedside sleeper meets all safety regulations on the assembly of side and horizontal cradle with clear instructions
- Easy to install - no tools are needed during installation
- Suitable from Birth to 12-months.if you are the mother /father of the new baby,looking for a cribs,please choose nordmiex baby sleeper;if you are the uncle/aunt/grandfather/grandmother of the newborn baby,looking for a baby gift for boys or girls,our baby crib is a nice choice
- Keep Your Baby Safe and Close: The besrey bassinet bedside sleeper — constructed of aviation-grade aluminum and steel-alloy for durability — is fully compliant with ASTM, CPSIA, and CCPSA standards, keeping your baby safe and promoting bedside parent-infant bonding with your little one
- Supportive & Comfy Mattress: besrey baby bassinet sleeper is designed with a spacious sleeping area (34.65”x20.08”) for infants from 0-6 MONTHS, the soft skin-friendly peachskin covered 3D upright cotton mattress, and firm medium-density fiberboard, provide comfort with just the right amount of support, protecting your baby's spine while growing
- 9 Adjustable Heights: Adjustable to heights of 30.91"-39.37" measured from floor to top of bassinet, it’s suitable for varying bed heights. In addition, retractable feet of 3.93" allow for use with all beds including box beds. It adopts environmentally friendly water transfer printing technology to create the grain, no mold, no odor, easy to clean
- 360-Degree Casters: The bedside sleeper for baby is seated on 4 universal casters each with their own sturdy brake. Portable bassinet making it extremely easy to move room-to-room and safely fix in position when the brakes are applied
- Designed for Dreamy Sleep: A mosquito net made from breathable mesh holes and blackout meteor hemp shading promotes a peaceful sleeping environment. The detachable sheet and side fabric can be easily removed and hand washed, for ultimate ease of the bassinet bedside sleeper use
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bassinet to crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!