Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best bang for buck wood crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best bang for buck wood crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- GROWS WITH BABY: Crib converts to a toddler bed, daybed and sofa Daybed/Sofa Rail included; Toddler Guardrail 0094 sold separately Crib features stylish angled legs in solid pine with a natural finish
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Adjustable height mattress support with 3 convenient positions to grow with your baby
- COORDINATING ITEMS: Uses a standard size crib mattress sold separately , to ensure the perfect fit pair your crib with a Delta Children, Serta or Beautyrest crib mattress
- SIZE: Assembled Dimensions: 54"L x 29.50"D x 34"H | Easy to assemble
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM | Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard & footboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time Easy assembly
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 55.75”W x 30.50”D x 43.75”H Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately) Cuna para bebé que se convierte en una cama para niño/niña, sofá cama y cama de tamaño completo
- Duracell - CopperTop AAA Alkaline Batteries - Long Lasting, All-Purpose Triple A Battery for Household and Business - 16 Count
- Duracell AAA Batteries: The Duracell CopperTop Triple A alkaline battery is designed for use in household items like remotes, toys, and more.
- Duracell guarantees these batteries against defects in material and workmanship. Should any device be damaged due to a battery defect, we will repair or replace it at our option.
- Long Lasting Power: Duracell alkaline batteries are designed and developed for long lasting performance.
- Guaranteed for 10 years in Storage: Duracell AAA alkaline batteries are guaranteed for 10 years in storage.
- VERSATILE MODERN DESIGN: The best-selling Hudson's iconic turned-out foot, rounded spindle design, and open silhouette make it a versatile choice for the modern nursery. Complete your nursery with the Hudson 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Hudson has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY AND ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Hudson transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. Our hidden hardware ensures a clean look with no visible screws or bolts seen on the furniture exterior.
- Bang energy drinks deliver a safe, sugar-free, carb-free, crash-free, great-tasting, sustained energy beverage experience.
- Studies suggest that the caffeine in Bang energy drinks increases mental focus, alertness, endurance and possibly even strength.
- Bang energy drinks have ZERO carbohydrates (“carbs”) — this helps avert the blood-sugar spikes so prevalent with other energy products, and avoids empty calories as well.
- Bang not only gives you energy, it also contains great ingredients like CoQ10, essential amino acids (EAA Aminos) and the patented Super Creatine — the only form of creatine that is sustainable in liquid for an extended period.
- Bang energy drinks are gluten-free and vegan-friendly, so they are perfect for any lifestyle or diet.
- SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS - This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB - A lifetime investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily converting from a crib into a toddler, day and full-size bed; Toddler guardrail, stabilizer and full-size rail sold separately; Features 3 mattress height settings
- 13 ATTRACTIVE FINISHES - Bring your nursery dreams to life with the Synergy; Whether you are thinking of creating an ocean-themed nursery, a whimsical mermaid themed nursery or a minimalist modern nursery, the Synergy gives wings to your imagination
- OUR CRIBS ARE BUILT TO LAST - Constructed out of solid reclaimed New Zealand Pine wood, the Synergy is a durable crib that will last you a lifetime; With a classic design, this crib offers your little one a sleeping space that will never go out of style
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Synergy 5-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard full size crib and measures 53.0" L x 29.0" W x 39.0" H inches; For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mattress
- 【Most Comprehensive Baby Playard】– Featuring multi-function, the baby travel cot combines with bassinet bed, diaper table,cute toys and activity center. The diaper table helps parent easily change diapers without arduously bending their backs. Bassinet bed with a comfortable mattress delivers a soft touch for baby. After detaching these parts, the basic playpen used as an activity center allows baby to freely stand and play.
- 【Easy & Fast Assembly】– For utmost convenience, the baby travel cot does not require extensive setup and can be stored away or reassembled in mere minutes. Just snap the bassinet’s frame in place and the crib is ready for use. Easily collapsible as well, it takes just seconds to pack away or reassemble, without any stress or complicated steps.
- 【Folding & Detachable Design】– Both diaper table and bassinet bed can be easily removed from the baby playard. The baby travel cot is compact and doesn't take up much space. A carry bag is convenient for storage and transport,the travel cot fits in the trunk of a car and is perfect for travel.If you have limited living space, you are definitely going to fall in love with this amazing playard.
- 【Breathable & Visual Mesh】– The breathable mesh fabric ensures visibility, healthy air flow and guarantees a peaceful slumber for your baby.The portable travel cot is suitable for birth to 3 years of kids.Pamo Babe bassinet will accompany your child to grow up.
- 【Stable Construction & Safe Details】– 5-point supporting structure on the bottom comes with more steadiness. High quality metal pipe make the whole baby bed strong and durable, providing your baby with safe protection. Smooth rounded corners to prevent children from being hurt by collisions.Equipped with brakes, two moving wheels provide smooth movement while also improving overall stability and safety.
- FIGHT CRADLE CAP- Our soft, sterilized baby brush can be used to help treat infantile cradle cap, a common skin condition with infants
- GENTLE SOLUTION - Use the soft foam sponge or the gentle bristle brush to massage your baby's head and create a healthy scalp
- KEEPS YOUR BABY HAPPY AND HEALTHY - Gentile. Soft. Individually Sterilized. Latex-free. Disposable. Safe for all skin types and ages
- MULTI-USE -Our gentile foam scrub brush can also be used as an infant bath brush, fingernail scrubber, and is great to apply cradle cap shampoo or ointments
- Similar to the much-loved sponge sent home from the hospital with your newborn - This brush is tried and true!
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit #M11999 and full-size conversion kit #M5789 sold separately)
- ADDITIONAL STORAGE: Spacious trundle drawer to fit all the crib sheets, baby blankies and more
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine and TSCA compliant engineered wood. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Colby 3-Drawer Dresser & 6-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your bang for buck wood crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!