Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best badding set crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best badding set crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- The great outdoors is brought to life and is absolutely irresistible with this 3 piece collection including a baby quilt, fitted crib sheet, and crib dust ruffle
- The reversible crib comforter has a center panel combining deer, a bear, fox, and evergreen tree created from appliqued fabric and embroidery on the front and a green camouflage print on the back to match the dust ruffle
- The woodland animal themed baby sheet in outdoor hues of brown, green, and black features mountain silhouettes, trees, deer and bear throughout the soft fabric and includes all around elastic for a safe and snug fit. Fits a standard size crib mattress of 28x52
- 3 sided dust ruffle, with a grey chevron print and has a generous 10 inch drop and fits a standard crib mattress of 52 by 28 inches
- Your little one can dream of wilderness adventures with these new found friends
- 3-Piece baby bedding set includes one quilt, one fitted crib Sheet, and one crib skirt
- Popular neutral jungle theme nursery collection is perfect for both baby boys and baby girls
- Mighty jungle Animals include a yellow giraffe, striped tiger, ly elephant, Sweet zebra, and happy Sloth
- Quilt features an appliqued Gray velour elephant with dimensional paws
- Coordinating crib skirt is a gray and White geo print bordered in a dusty Aqua
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit #M12599 and full-size conversion kit #M5789 sold separately)
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pinewood and TSCA compliant engineered wood
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Kalani 6-Drawer Dresser and Kalani 3-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery
- BLISSFULLY SOFT CRIB SET - This jungle friends crib bedding set made with super soft polyester microfiber, featuring a trio of sleepy jungle buddies, comes with 3 pieces - A crib quilt, a fitted crib sheet and a crib skirt.
- JUNGLE ANIMAL THEME - The baby quilt uses unisex tones of cool grays, crisp white and teal. It features an elephant, his sleepy yellow giraffe friend, and Mr. Monkey, who is taking a “monkey-nap” in the trees. Perfect to use as a clean, soft surface for tummy time!
- SAFE & COMFORTABLE – The fitted sheet, featuring our friendly elephant, sleepy giraffe, and Mr. Monkey, is super soft and uses elastic 360 degrees around the sheet for a safe, secure, and snug fit.
- FITS STANDARD CRIBS - The 4-sided dust ruffle coordinates with the baby quilt to seamlessly bring the trio of jungle friends together in a jungle dreamland. It is super easy to install, has a 14” drop and fits standard size crib mattresses of 52” by 28”.
- PERFECT FOR BOYS & GIRLS - Gender neutral colors of cool grays, crisp white and teal make this baby bedding crib set a great nursery choice for both baby boys and girls!
- OEKO TEX CERTIFICATION – Baby Bees’s Microfiber Polyester material is certified by OEKO-TEX which is safer for baby's skin. Therefore, it is harmless in all human ecological terms and there is no harmful component in this whole set.
- HYPOALLERGENIC & ULTRA SOFT - We uphold the principle of softness, practicality, and comfort, using 100% ultra-fine polyester fiber, soft, hypoallergenic and breathable, not easy to deform, machine washable. While giving the baby a soft touch, it is easy for the mother to clean and care. The cozy quilt has 100% polyester filling of 200 GSM. Products are ideal for tender baby skin and are so durable that can still be used when baby converts to toddler!
- ITEMS - The super soft fitted crib sheet is designed to fit a standard size crib mattress (52 x 28) and features all around elastic for a safe and secure fit. All other items are also for standard size crib bed. The quilt is of 42” x 33”, dust ruffle is of 52” x 28” with 10” drop and pillow case is of 17” x 13”.
- GENDER NEUTRAL & PERFECT GIFT - This Animal Safari Theme crib bedding set was especially designed with neutral colors to suit a baby boy & baby girl. This 4-piece crib bedding set is perfect as a gift for new mothers. It is also the perfect gift for the future baby! This product is suitable for all boys and girls.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Use cold water while machine and hand wash. Gentle cycle. Do not bleach. Tumble dry low. Iron on lowest setting as needed. Do not iron dust ruffle platform.
- Includes one quilt, one fitted crib sheet, and one dust ruffle
- The quilt features a friendly elephant, appliqued lion, adorable monkey with striped arms and legs and a colorful tree
- The fitted crib sheet is elasticized all around for a snug fit
- Coordinates with the Jungle Fun Baby Bedding Collection
- Machine Washable
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 🐨 【FITS STANDARD CRIB】 - This green crib bedding set includes a 28 x 52 inch fitted crib sheet with 8 inch deep pocket, a 35 x 45 inch extra large reversible quilt, a 13 x 16 inch pillow case with beautiful flange, and a crib skirt that measures 28 x 52 inches with 16 inch drop all around the crib.
- 🐨 【FUN & NATURAL PRINTS】 -This koala crib set features adorable koalas having fun in the woods, coordinates a long and green drop crib skirt and a colorful fitted sheet printing leaves in bright colors. The pillow case shows baby koala having sweet sleep in its mom's hug. This sweet koala nursery bedding set is a great option for a neutral zoo themed baby’s room.
- 🐨 【EXCEPTIIONALLY SMOOTH TO THE TOUCH】 - With quality in mind, this koala crib sets for boys are made from 100% breathable & hypoallergenic and durable microfiber, super soft and gentle for your baby's sensitive skin.
- 🐨 【PERFECT GIFT】 - The Gift packaging makes this baby bedding set a perfect gift for any baby shower. Well worth the buy!
- 🐨 【EASY TO CLEAN】 - Swap out your dirty baby bedding sets and toss it in the washing machine. Vibrant colors last multiple washes, holds up against fading, safe for the dryer
- Perfect For Microwavable Projects Like Insulated Potato Bags Casserole Warmers And More! Retains Moisture For Steamy Potatoes And Vegetables
- This Package Contains One Yard Of Wrap-N-Zap 100 Percent Natural Cotton Batting Forty-Five Inch Wide
- Not Fire Proof Or Flame Retardant
- Country Of Origin : United States
- ♥♥ MATERIAL-The organic crib bedding set made of Cotton Blend is in line with OEKO-TEX I infant and child standards to care for . The comforter is warm, breathable, lightweight and ultra soft, comfier your baby all year's round.High quality material features fade, shrink, pilling and stains resistant. Printed fitted crib sheets silky soft and include all around elastic for a safe and snug fit, fit for standard crib & toddler bed.
- ♥♥VIVID DESIGN - the 4-piece crib set with the theme of flowers and butterflies brings the beauty of nature to life.Butterfly flying in purple background is dreamy and vivid.It is fun to open up the baby’s imagination in dreams and decorate the room. The hand--sewn stitches make the butterfly look more three-dimensional,baby will enjoy playing and sleeping on the bed with the gender purple crib kit.Babies will fall in love sleeping with the super soft nursery crib bedding set day and night.
- ♥♥ 4 PIECES & SIZE - The portable crib bedding set is perfect for any standard crib & toddler mattress (52 x 28 in).4-pcs crib comforter set includes : 1 crib comforter(33''×42''), 1 crib skirt(28''×52''+8''), 1 blanket, 1 fitted crib sheet with 360° elastic band around the bottom edge (28 ''×52''×10'').One buy to get all your needs for a cozy and stylish nursery room.
- ♥♥ HIGH QUALITY & BEST GIFT - Our natural crib bedding set will get softer, not fade and shrink after machine or hand washing. The animal crib set is Best Baby Shower Gift for crib bedding sets for boys and girls on Baby Showers Day,Birthday,Christmas,Thanksgiving day.
- ♥♥WASH - The last thing busy parents need are difficult things to wash, but this crib bedding set is not only easy to clean but machine washable. Simply toss everything else into the washer on the gentle cycle in cold water.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your badding set crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!