Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best backing for crib blanket for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best backing for crib blanket Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Super soft blanket: It is made of durable, breathable, skin-friendly Polyester material, which can maximize comfort and provide babies with a unique soft and warm touch. Suitable for all seasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter.
- Unique design: ThisFloral pattern was originally hand-painted in watercolor, and has become a very interesting and eye-catching pattern, suitable for people of all ages to appreciate!
- Versatile usage scenarios: Infant blanket in 30”x40” is perfect for Sleeping, Stroller Cover, Nursing Cover, Burp Cloth.
- The perfect gift: the perfect baby shower or birthday gift! The blanket can also be used with our Floral-themed crib sheets and changing mat cover covers!
- [ Soft & Gentle ] Our Minky Baby Blanket is made of two soft fabrics. We choose 100% cotton fabric as the printing side of the baby blanket. The natural cotton fabric has good breathability. It can keep your baby warm, but it will not make your baby as hot or sweaty as a summer quilt. On the back it is a plush polyester fabric with raised dots that children love. This blanket is thick enough to cope with all seasons and climates, keeping your baby warm and comfortable
- [ Childlike Design ] There are cute seahorses, crabs, octopuses and other cartoon marine animal patterns on the blanket, which are the favorites of boys and girls. Your baby will definitely love it, and it will accompany your baby through night after night. Funny cartoon design can be integrated with the environment of the baby room, POSENPRO baby blanket will be the perfect complement to the baby bed
- [ Multifunctional & Portable Blanket ] The size of our Receiving Blanket is 30 x 40 inches and can be used from babies to toddlers. Baby blankets are easy to fold and store, suitable for babies to carry with them. It can be used in cribs, strollers, car seats, nurseries and etc
- [ Ideal Baby Gift ] There are various colors and patterns to choose from. This soft baby blanket will be the perfect shower gift for babies and can accompany the baby to grow up. You can give the blanket as a gift to your baby, relatives, friends or parents who are going to have a baby
- [ Washing Tips ] Machine Wash Gentle Cycle, Cold Water, Mild Detergent Safe for Delicate Baby Skin. Avoid Fabric Softeners and Bleach! Tumble Dry Low Heat. Do Not Iron. Do Not Dry Clean
- 【Package and size】: 1 baby blanket included. The infant blanket measures 30’’x40’’ Ready-made gift package box
- 【Protect Hair】: Satin fabric reduces friction which helps in preventing frizzy knotty tangled hair, hair breakage and baldness
- 【Premium material and easy care】: Made from high-quality healthy material featuring soft. Perfect for the delicate baby skin. Machine wash available. No wrinkling, No fading, No shedding, No pilling
- 【2-layer design】: 1 layer made from minky dot fabric and 1 layer made from silky satin can make your baby more comfortable
- 【Multi-use】: can be used for sleeping, stroller, crib, shower, office and so on. Great gift for baby, adult as well as our furry friend
- [ Double Layer Dotted ] : The silky soft and smooth baby blanket is made of polyester microfiber minky fabric , which is very friendly to baby's delicate skin. Double layer dotted backing with baby into a sweet sleep and help your baby sleep through the night. Perfect for all seasons.
- [Children's Design]: There are 7 patterns of toddler blankets for boys and girls to choose from. There are cute horses, grizzly bears, cars and blue stars, lions, nursing, dinosaur patterns, and the fun cartoon designs can be integrated with the environment of the baby room.
- [ Shower Gift ] :30*47 inches, .Lightweight breathable nursery thin blanket the large size is suitable for swaddle children, newborn easy to fold and store. Suitable for bedroom, living room, sofa, etc. Wool baby blankets are a must-have toddler bedding for new parents.
- [ Washing Tips ]: Please wash before first use, machine cold wash. Dry at low temperature. Durable wool baby blanket that will grow with your baby for years!
- [ Satisfied Service ]: If you have any questions about our products, please feel free to contact us. We strive to provide you with the highest quality products and the best service.
- Super soft blanket: Our baby blanket Printed side is minky fabric, friendly to the delicate skin of babies. Back side is fleece fabric with raised dots, soft, breathable, lightweight, it is thick enough for all seasons and climates to make your little one warm and comfortable.
- Personalized Design: The popular & unique watercolor flower pattern a great option for baby boy or girl! Ultra soft minky with double layer dotted backing, keep breathable to help your baby sleep warmer & safer.
- Double-layer baby blanket: As a baby throw blanket or baby bed blanket, preventing your baby from catching cold in the cool AC room in summer and at chilly nights in winter. Back Plush dots can pacify your baby when you are not around him/her.
- As a Gift: Come with the classic colors and beautiful flower printed patterns, which makes this soft baby blanket a prefect baby shower gift for baby boy or girl!
- Washing Tips from DILIMI: Wash before first use, Machine wash cold. Gentle cycle with like colors. Tumble Dry Low Heat. Do Not Iron. Do Not Dry Clean!
- Silky Soft & Cozy - Our baby blanket has 2 layers of bamboo cotton blended fabric and minky dotted backing to wrap your baby in softness, warmth, and a feeling of security. The bionic dotted soothing texture is the key to calming your fussy little ones for cuddles, naptimes, tummy time, etc.
- Premium & Durable - Each of Domiamia baby blankets are made with quality materials and features detailed stitching. Our bamboo & cotton blended fabric is more breathable, and durable, it is up to 3 times softer than other cotton, it absorbs moisture and quickly releases it into the air, keeping your baby warm without feeling damp or clammy. The minky fabric is cozy and has no shedding lint.
- Larger Size - Our large (43" x 55" ) toddler blanket is more extensive than other blankets, ensuring your baby's childhood is filled with comfort and warmth without worrying about they will outgrow the blanket too soon.
- On the Go Snuggles - Your little one deserves the best both awake and asleep! Our toddler blankets are ideal as a playtime surface blanket, stroller blanket, crib blanket, car seat wrap, and more. Bring the comforts of home along for time spent at daycare or overnights with extended family. This lightweight blanket folds up compactly for easy travel.
- Perfect Gift for Baby - Baby's health is our top priority. Our soft minky fleece baby blankets contain no phthalates or chemicals that can harm your baby's skin or health. With the premium quality, stylish design, and luxury packaging, you'll find this baby blanket just the ideal gift for a baby shower, birthday, or holiday gift.
- Plush and Fuzzy Fleece: Compared with cotton fabric, it is softer and warmer. Prevents baby from getting cold at chilly nights. Meanwhile, it will create a continuously warm environment for your little one no matter when and where. Feels soft and comfortable on baby's sensitive skin. Thick enough for all seasons, climates, such as spring, summer, fall or winter. Free of lint balls
- Portable Travel Size: Measuring 30 by 40 inches, it is one of the perfect size for baby who needs swaddling or cuddling. Cute little blanket for babies age 0 to toddler month. An extra layer of warmth and coziness when sleeping or napping. Large enough to cover preemie, infant, newborn, just born or even toddler
- Double Different Layers: Printed side motifs include magic world. Accommodates well with blue theme nursery bedding. White Background. Beautiful Birthday Gift for girls. Widely used as sleeping blanket, stroller blanket, crib blanket, receiving blanket or nap blanket. Back side is decorated with white mink dots. It provides sensory training for autism babies
- Washing Instruction: Machine wash cold in gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat. Do not bleach. Fabric gets softer with each wash. Does not shed or shrink. Exquisite luxury baby shower gift for families or friends
- TILLYOU Customer Service: 24/7 Customer support stands by. If anything happens, feel free to contact us through E-MAIL
- GENTLE MATERIAL USED - Our 30*40inch minky baby blanket is made from 100% premium plush ployester fabric, not only super soft and comfortable, but also lightweight and easy to use. Enough warm but not too hot, so that create a warm environment for your little one after a shower or it's time to bed, keep your child stay warm throughout all the time.
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN & DO NOT FADE - The popular gray and white color combination makes this blanket a great option for baby boy or girl! Simple and fun design with Fox, Bear & Tree woodland theme. Ultra soft minky with double layer dotted backing, keep breathable to help your baby sleep warmer & safer. Multi colors contains white, grey, green and so on.
- BEST LUXURIOUS GENDER NEUTRAL BABY BLANKET SUPRISE - Great unisex neutral gift! Come with the classic colors and cute printed patterns, which makes this soft baby blanket a prefect baby shower gift for baby boy or girl! Besides, It will keep your sweet baby company and feeling confident as they start to develop their independence. A WONDERFUL GIFT for your baby, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter
- EASY TO CLEAN & LARGE SIZE - Measures a generous 30x40in to last well into the infant to toddler years and beyond. This is a big and beautiful soft baby blanket, perfect size for your little one to carry along wherever he or she goes. It can be used in toddler bed, crib, nap or daycare, CARE & CLEANING - Machine wash and tumble dry. Do not iron, do not bleach
- Kleitung - "MAKE IT SIMPLE, MAKE IT BETTER!" Customer services is always our top priority, we want our customers to be happy with their purchase, any questions please feel free to ask us via email.Package - Roll up the packaging with satin trim. If you are not satisfied with these blankets, please let us know right away. Thanks!
- SKIN-FRIENDLY FOR BABY: Our baby bed blanket measures 42*30 inches(110cm*75cm) in size. They are made of high-quality flannel fabrics. It's not only super soft and comfortable but also lightweight and suitable for babies' delicate skin.
- DOUBLE-LAYER BABY BLANKET: Each baby blanket features a double layer design with a dotted backing which can promote baby's tactile development.It can soothe anxious feelings when you aren't around her. Your baby will love it!
- SUITABLE FOR FOUR SEASONS: Our bed blankets are breathable enough that your baby won’t get hot in summer and be warm enough for winter use after a shower or it's time to bed.
- PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT: Come with the classic colors and cute printed patterns, which makes this soft baby blanket a prefect gift on any occasion like baby shower days, baby’ birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother’s Day or Children’s Day.
- EASY CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Tumble Dry Low Heat. Do Not Iron. Do Not Dry Clean. Durable baby blankets can be used from infancy to early childhood and accompany baby growth for years!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your backing for crib blanket for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!