Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby nursery crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby nursery crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed/Toddler Guardrail Kit #0080 & Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time; Easy assembly; Available in a variety of colors: Grey, Bianca White or Dark Chocolate
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 54.50 inches L x 30.50 inches W x 43.75 inches H; Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately); Cuna para bebé que se convierte en una cama para niño/niña, sofá cama y cama de tamaño completo
- 3-PIECE NURSERY SET: Features a 4-in-1 convertible crib, a three-drawer spacious dresser and a changing table topper that can be removed when no longer needed
- FARMHOUSE DESIGN: Crafted of strong, sturdy pine wood and veneers and features a unique wire-brushed stained finish, clean lines and plank style shiplap paneling details
- GROWS WITH YOUR BABY: Crib converts into a day bed, toddler bed (toddler guard rail - item #F09501.57 sold separately) and a full-size bed with the addition of coordinating wooden bed rails (item #: F06401.57 sold separately)
- ADJUSTABLE MATTRESS: Strong metal mattress support adjusts to 3 positions to fit the growing needs of your child and fits most standard size crib mattresses (not included)
- MAXIMIZE STORAGE SPACE: Dresser provides ample space to organize your baby’s clothes and essentials with 3 large drawers on ball-bearing smooth metal glides with nickel-tone drawer knobs
- PLAYFUL STATEMENT DESIGN: The joyful Lolly highlights the natural beauty of New Zealand pine wood with contrast styling and playful accents. Complete your modern nursery with the Lolly 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Lolly has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY & ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Lolly transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe which exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. Our hidden hardware ensures a clean look with no visible screws or bolts seen on the furniture exterior.
- GROWS WITH BABY: Crib converts to a toddler bed, daybed and sofa Daybed/Sofa Rail included; Toddler Guardrail 0094 sold separately Crib features stylish angled legs in solid pine with a natural finish
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Adjustable height mattress support with 3 convenient positions to grow with your baby
- COORDINATING ITEMS: Uses a standard size crib mattress sold separately , to ensure the perfect fit pair your crib with a Delta Children, Serta or Beautyrest crib mattress
- SIZE: Assembled Dimensions: 54"L x 29.50"D x 34"H | Easy to assemble
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM | Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard & footboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time Easy assembly
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 55.75”W x 30.50”D x 43.75”H Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately) Cuna para bebé que se convierte en una cama para niño/niña, sofá cama y cama de tamaño completo
- 4-IN-1 CRIB: Converts to toddler bed, daybed and full size bed (Toddler Guardrail #0094 and Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately) Uses a standard size crib mattress (sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: Adjustable height mattress support with 3 convenient positions to grow with your baby.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- COORDINATING ITEMS: Pairs with the Delta Children 3 Drawer Dresser #552030 to complete your baby's nursery
- SAFE FOR BABY: JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions: 59.25L" x 30"D x 46.25"H
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from baby crib (mattress sold separately) to toddler bed (toddler guardrail sold separately), daybed, and full-size bed with headboard & optional footboard (conversion kit sold separately); Assembly required
- INCLUDES STORAGE DRAWER AND CHANGING TABLE: Baby crib with universal design to match with any nursery style; Includes full-size drawer with 2 compartments; Attached changing table includes 2 open shelves, water-resistant changing pad with safety strap
- ADAPTS TO YOUR GROWING BABY: Adjustable mattress support base with 3 different height options; Designed to fit any standard full-size crib & toddler mattress; This baby crib may be used until your child can easily climb out or is taller than 35in (89cm)
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED, JPMA CERTIFIED: GREENGUARD Gold Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air; Expert tested to meet or exceed all applicable category voluntary and mandatory safety standards
- QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: Crafted with sustainable New Zealand pine wood, engineered wood, wood composites and includes Euro drawer glides; Packaging tested to reduce the risk of incidental damage that could occur during shipment; Backed by 1-year warranty
- QUALITY AND HERITAGE WITH LIVING TEXTILES. Living Textiles has been part of families for over 55 years. Established in 1963 in Sydney, Australia, we create quality baby products for every child. Our products, like this chenille blanket, are made of premium material and designed for versatile use. It can serve as receiving blankets for your newborn baby, baby swaddle blankets, a sunshade for your baby stroller or infant stroller, a soft play mat, or your own comfortable chenille throw blanket
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND SUPER SOFT. Swaddle your baby with this ultra-soft and cozy blanket to keep them warm and comfortable! Other blankets are thin and rough, but the Living Textiles chenille knit blanket is thick and made of the softest polyester. It is hypoallergenic and free from toxic materials! The result is a knitted blanket as special as your GENTLE EMBRACE. The texture of this soft, thick baby blanket is perfect for your baby's tactile sense and sparking their curious mind
- DELIGHTFUL UNISEX BLANKETS IN CLASSIC COLORS AND DESIGNS. The Living Textiles grey chevron chenille baby blanket is perfect for both boys and girls! The chenille blanket's lovely grey color is timeless and the classic chevron pattern never goes out of style. Whether you are looking for baby girl blankets or baby boy blankets, this plush baby blanket will suit every baby. Its color and design make this blanket the perfect addition to beautify any baby nursery
- THE PERFECT SIZE FOR YOUR LITTLE BABY. Designed with your newborn baby in mind, the Living Textiles chenille baby blanket comes in the perfect size for your little one. With dimensions of 40 x 30 inches or 75 x 100 centimeters, it is big enough to cover your baby and keep them warm and comfortable. At the same time, the chenille blanket is just at the right size that will not overpower your baby or put too much weight on them
- GREAT GIFT IDEA FOR EVERY BABY OCCASION. Create memories and make baby occasions even more special with special gift! The Living Textiles grey chevron chenille baby blanket is the perfect newborn baby gifts for all occasions like the baby shower, birthdays, events like your baby's baptism or christening, and holidays like Christmas and Easter. The blanket is packaged beautifully, making it ready for gifting
- THE SAFE OPTION FOR YOUR BABY: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM | We know chemicals have no place in your nursery, so we use a non-toxic multi-step painting process that is lead and phthalate safe
- 6-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Crib converts to toddler bed, daybed, sofa, a full size bed with headboard and footboard and full size bed with headboard only | Daybed/Sofa/Toddler Guardrail Kit Included (Full Size Wood Bed Rails #330750 or Full Size Metal Bed Frame #0040 Sold Separately) | Available in Rustic Mist or Rustic Grey | Crib features a softy textured finish that’s hand applied
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Adjustable height mattress support with 3 convenient positions to grow with your baby | SIZE: Assembled dimensions: 56.75"W x 31"D x 49.5"H | Easy assembly
- COORDINATING ITEMS: Pair with the Asher 6 Drawer Dresser with Changing Top for the perfect baby nursery | Uses a standard size crib mattress (sold separately) | To ensure the perfect fit pair your crib with a Delta Children, Serta, Beautyrest or Simmons Kids crib mattress
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Made of sustainable woods like New Zealand Pine and TSCA compliant engineered wood | Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- POWER DRESSING, NURSERY STYLE - Inspired by Roman architecture, the Cheyenne 5-in-1 Convertible Crib features a high-arch headboard with traditional dentil molding, fluting, and imperial feet. Crafted out of kiln-dried hardwood with fine veneers.
- 5-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY - The Cheyenne converts to a toddler bed with our conversion kit (sold separately) and daybed. Add our wooden bed frame (sold separately) to convert it into a full-size bed. It also features 3 mattress height settings.Avoid Direct sunlight
- TIMELESS FINISHES - The Cheyenne is available in three handsome finishes - Antique Brown, Antique Mist, Storm Grey. Mix and match with modern and classic color palettes to create a truly special space for your baby.
- SAFETY FIRST - Our cribs are built to the highest safety standards that meet/exceed those set by the CPSC, JPMA, and ASTM. Each of our cribs undergoes rigorous testing by independent laboratories for compliance with all US and Canadian crib regulations.
- A LIFETIME INVESTMENT - Pick coordinating pieces from our Evolur Cheyenne Collection like the Double Dresser, Tall Chest, Nightstand, and Hutch to create a timeless nursery. Crib dimensions are 58.25″ L(W) x 31.25″ W(D) x 53.00″ H and weighs 90 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby nursery crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!