Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby next to me crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby next to me crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Material: The crib bell is made of high-quality environmentally friendly wood and felt ball, non-toxic and tasteless, wear-resistant and durable, long service life, not easy to damage, strong rope, not easy to break
- Hairball wood bead wind chimes: Can attract the babys attention and help develop the babys grasping ability and perception ability of the outside world. The lightweight bed bell is placed in the crib, and makes no sound when shaken in the wind, so that the baby can sleep peacefully
- Decoration: Wooden bead wind chimes look elegant and beautiful, simple and stylish, with natural colors, suitable for most cribs, adding a unique look to the crib and creating a warm and comfortable environment atmosphere
- Easy to hang: The size is 70cmx20cm, the exquisite wind chime comes with a lanyard, which is very convenient to hang, firm and not easy to fall off. Can be hung on the crib, bassinet, ceiling, shelf or anywhere you like
- Wide range of applications: This is the ideal decorative pendant to create the perfect baby room. Also suitable for home living room, garden, newborn party, birthday party, children party and other occasions decoration. Can be used as a photography prop to increase the sense of photography
- All-In-One: Rest combines night light, sound machine, and time-to-rise alarm in one smart bedside device. Customize color, brightness, sound, and volume level and create the perfect sleep environment in your child’s room.
- Soothing Sounds: 11 crystal clear, high quality sounds including Crickets, Rain, White Noise, Birds, Wind, Ocean, Water Stream, Dryer & 3 classic lullabies.
- Custom Colors: Set the mood with custom hues. Colors help teach kids when it’s ok to wake up and get out of bed. More sleep for everyone!
- Grows with Your Child: Soft light and white noise for newborn feeding sessions, comforting night light for a preschooler, sleep training for older children! Includes toddler lock feature and stays cool throughout the night for safety.
- Easy to Use: Program to turn on and off automatically, tap the device's simple touch controls, or adjust remotely with the free Hatch Sleep smartphone app, which controls all the Hatch devices in your home. Free app available in Apple Store (iOS 14 or higher) and Google Play Store (Android 7 Nougat or higher).
- Brown, Dr. Ari (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 632 Pages - 09/24/2019 (Publication Date) - Windsor Peak Press (Publisher)
- Pack and Play Baby Bassinet: Our portable crib makes it easy to travel with newborns, infants, babies, and toddlers. The sleek wheel design allows you to move the portable crib easily and silently from your nursery to any location within your home
- 9 Height Positions: Our baby bed can adjust to 9 different height settings. The aluminum frame makes this pack n play bedside crib sturdy and lightweight. The dimensions are H39.50 x L35.04 x W28.35 inches and weighs 19.8 lbs
- Detachable Side Panel: Our bedside sleeper & baby cot has a double mesh detachable side, making it extra sturdy while providing plenty of air circulation. The bedside bassinet has a large clearance to accommodate a variety of bed shapes and sizes.
- Machine Washable Mattress & Sheets: The washable bassinet mattress is both functional and comfortable. The unit includes a halo music box and crib mobile that baby boys & girl love. Plus, our bassinet bedside sleeper is ASTM certified
- Spanish Translation for Bedside Bassinet for Babies & Travel Bassinet: Cunas para bebes, corrales para bebes, basinette, cunas para bebes 4 en 1, cosas para bebes recien nacidos, cuna de bebe, y moises para bebes recien nacidos
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 🌟【Double-Sided and Being Adjustable】The baby lounger cover has two sides pattern (One side is leaves pattern and the other side is solid gray) and you can switch between the two patterns inside and outside, giving you and your baby a good mood every day. Being adjustable - Simply loosen the cord at the end of the bumpers to make the size larger. The ends of the bumpers can be fully opened.
- 🌟【Portable Travel Needs】The size of the baby nest is about 31.5 x 19.6 inches and weighs only 3.5lbs（1.6kg）. The lightweight design and convenient handles make our in-bed bassinet a portable baby must-have. Package bag for easy transportation. It is an ideal travel need and a baby gift for moms and babies.
- 🌟【Perfect for co-sleeping】360 degree protective pad side guardrail design creates separate sleeping space for co-sleeping babies in the adult bed. Help your little one sleeps well better than ever before.
- 🌟【Machine Washable】There is a hidden zipper on the bottom of the baby nest, which can be used to disassemble the cushion and the lounger bumper in the fence for easy washing.
- 🌟【Best Service】Our team of professionals is constantly creating the best quality products for your family. We promise 45 days no reason refund and 12 months after-sale service. Click “BUY IT NOW” and ENJOY QUALITY OF OUR NEW INFANT LOUNGER!
- DIMENSIONS: 37" long x 22.5" wide x 31" tall
- SAFE and COMFORTABLE - Sleep soundly knowing that your baby is safer and comfortable. Your little one will rest on a comfy, yet firm mattress covered in a soft sheet that is machine washable.
- MOBILE- Lightweight enough to move from room to room, the Beside Me Dreamer can be used as a bedside bassinet/co-sleeper in beside your bed, or as a bassinet out in the living room. Convenience is key!
- ADJUSTABLE- 6 position height adjustment allow the sleeper to accommodate to most beds.
- ACCESS- Easily lean over to nurse, comfort or just check on your baby during the night
- Detachable Sidebar & Retractable Feet: Our bedside sleeper has a detachable sidebar, two fixed ropes and retractable feet that can easily attach to the parent's bed. It's very convenient to take care of kids and have parent-child interaction at night. And it can effectively increase the kid's sense of security and improve sleep quality.
- Height & Angle Adjustable: There are 4 adjustable heights to meet the different needs of parents. What’s more, the height of the two sides can be different. This design makes it easier for you to feed your baby, because the tilt angle will effectively prevent the baby from refluxing and spitting milk.
- Breathable Mesh & Easy to Clean: Two-side mesh allows parents to observe the baby's status anytime. And the linen material is very wearable which can extending its service life. The zipper design makes the mattress cover and all crib fabrics easy to remove and clean, creating a clean environment for baby.
- Stable Bracket & Solid Structure: Iron frame around the crib is completely wrapped in cloth to prevent the baby from hitting the teeth or forehead. Stable bottom supported and comfortable mattress with sleeping board ensure your baby's safety.
- Easy to Carry: The compact carry bag design allows you to place it in the trunk of your car and bring it to trains and planes while traveling thus reduce the burden of travel. Parents don’t have to worry about the bed outside is not clean, safety protection is not enough.
- Unlike many other seemingly similar products the BabyWombWorld Baby Bedside Sleeper has an absolute focus on SAFETY, QUALITY and level of SECURENESS. Adhering to international safety standards our Bedside Sleeper provides new parents with the opportunity to gain the greatest pleasure out of their FULL PARENTING EXPERIENCE content in the knowledge that their precious child will be sleeping sleep SAFE and SECURE in a STABLE, STURDY Bassinet Crib which has NO ENTRAPMENT and NO SUFFOCATION HAZARDS.
- Meeting the STRICTLY RECOMMENDED SAFETY STANDARDS the DEPTH of our BabyWombWorld Baby Bassinet is 300 mm (Minimum needs to be 250 mm), thereby ensuring that your baby is safely protected. Having both UPPER and LOWERSLEEPING LEVELS the VERSATILE HEIGHT ADJUSTABILITY then caters for the needs of your quickly growing child Once your toddler becomes more active the BabyWombWorld bedside sleeper also quickly converts to a safe, secure and EASILY ACCESSIBLE PLAY PEN for your your toddler.
- No more waking up at all hours of the night. This PORTABLE and LIGHTWEIGHT BabyWombWorld Baby Bed means that active parents can take their child’s bed wherever they go. This gives baby that special feeling of CONTINUITY and FAMILIARITY, making a direct contribution in ensuring SOUND SLEEP PATTERNS for your little one.
- The BabyWomb Bedside Sleeper is the ONLY BED THAT YOU WILL EVER NEED before your child moves into a normal adult bed. The ACCESSIBILITY OF YOUR BABY during the night makes regular feeding easy and event free when the side of your bassinet is down. As your baby grows the side of the cot is raised. The next EASY TRANSITION is when your child becomes a little more active and needs the security of a deeper cot environment.
- Gracing any room, the QUALITY FABRIC and TIMELESS DESIGN of this beautiful and STURDY Bedside Sleeper provides parents with this ESSENTIAL BABY ACCESSORY that is needed for sound, undisturbed and peaceful sleep for all.
- PACKAGING MAY VARY: Every package of WaterWipes Original wipes still contains the same pure and trusted water-based wipes.
- NEW BIODEGRADABLE WIPE, SAME FORMULA AND PURITY: Our fragrance-free Original baby wipes are clinically proven to clean and help protect baby’s delicate skin with just 2 ingredients: 99.9% purified water and a drop of fruit extract.
- IDEAL FOR PREMATURE & NEWBORN SKIN: The purest skin deserves the world’s purest baby wipes. Our water wipes are gentle enough for the most sensitive premature, infant and newborn skin.
- 100% BIODEGRADABLE & PLASTIC-FREE WIPES: Our Original baby wipes are compostable, plant-based and biodegradable, so they’re better for the planet. Plus, they’re hypoallergenic, unscented, and contain no artificial fragrances, parabens or sulfates.
- TRUSTED BY DERMATOLOGISTS: Suitable for eczema-prone skin and allergy sufferers, WaterWipes are accepted by the National Eczema Association of America, Dermatologically Approved by the Skin Health Alliance and registered by the Vegan Society.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby next to me crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!