Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby mobile crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby mobile crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Fun at home and on the go: Take along mobile lets you take the fun anywhere
- Easy attachment: Goes wherever baby goes. Use on cribs, play yards, carriers, strollers, bassinets and more
- Continuous entertainment: 30 minutes of uninterrupted music, with 5 different engaging melodies
- Engage and delight baby: Spinning toys visually stimulate and delight baby
- Tiny love promise: At tiny love, we help parents to encourage their baby development by inspiring moments of wonder that they can share together
- MUSICAL MOBILE:Includes 12 pure music lullabies which compared with white noise,lullabies are faster for babies to relax and fall asleep. FEISIKE crib mobile is a great baby sleep soother.
- PORTABLE MUSIC BOX:The music motor is detachable,at just 3.4" in diameter and 3.6 ounces, The motor fits easily in a diaper bag or backpack.
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN:3 modes (music & rotation, rotation only, music only), adjustable volume 0 ~ 100, AUTO-OFF playing after 30 minutes.Farewell to the traditional baby mobile.The mobile motor needs 2 AA batteries, not included.
- PERFECT GIFT: Color box packaging.This high quality nurse mobile is made of skin friendly and comfortable materials. Perfect baby shower gift.
- EASY TO INSTALL: baby mobile with a simple detachable design and can be installed on most convertible cribs,not fit for bassinet.
- Plays 3 different songs (Brahms Lullaby, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Rock-A-Bye Baby) and automatically shuts off after 20 minutes to preserve battery life.
- Provides great visual and auditory stimulation for babies. Mobile automatically spins while the soothing music helps baby fall fast asleep.
- Volume control and on/off switch provide ease of use.
- Promotes brain development and helps baby self soothe to sleep.
- Coordinates perfectly with the Jungle Safari nursery baby crib bedding collection by Lambs & Ivy.
- 💝【Design and Features】 The 360 rotation mobile with a remote control, the remote can control all the function in music box. Four cute airplane pendants spin slowly can attract the baby’s attention, help to exercise baby's eyesight. The cute hanging pendant can be taken off as small rattle toys.
- 💝【Music Function and Star Projector Function】The night light projector can project light onto the wall and play 108 different songs. So that the baby can see the beautiful starry sky and enjoy wonderful music. Automatically switch between 3 colors of starry sky to improve your sweetie's sleeping environment.
- 💝【Material and safety】This baby musical crib mobile made in environmentally friendly ABS material, non-toxic and tasteless, BPA free, smooth edge. It won't scratch a baby's little hand, you could rest assured to let baby use.
- 💝【Fit size】The baby mobile crib can be fixed on the bed-caliber crib in 0.47-1.49 inch(1.2-3.8cm). With a screwdriver as free gift for easy use.
- 💝【Exquisite gift box packaging】：This cute musical mobile is packaged in a gift box. The box is colorful and full of vitality. It can be given to baby as Christmas, Halloween, New Year gifts and birthday gifts..
- 【Multifunctional Baby Crib Mobile for Child's Development】- Get you and your baby's good night slumber with the help of our baby crib mobile soother! With its rotating function and musical sound features, it stimulates the infant's visual and auditory senses while also developing their interest and creating a soothing environment for better sleep. With its portable setup, it's a highly versatile clip attachment for a child’s crib, bassinet, pack & play, bed, and more. 2 AA batteries not included
- 【Premium & Durable Quality for Long-Lasting Use】- It's made of quality & reliable materials to create a hanging baby mobile that's both lightweight & sturdy. It comes with a safe handle fixture that you can attach almost anywhere without worrying about stability, while the arch holder holds the decorative pieces securely. The quiet & safe motor of this Pillani baby mobile for crib, along with a power-saving mode, help preserve the power & give the battery a longer-lasting life compared to others
- 【Charming Designs with Multiple Unique Features】- Choose a grey or pink color for your baby, each one with adorable characters in the center that engage the infant with their vibrant shades and smiling faces. Our hanger crib mobile has a battery-operated music box with 20 sound options—nature sounds, lullabies, and joyful music—and time switches for 10, 15, and 20 minutes. It has an adjustable volume, spin control, and a quick-release button for the top part, making it easy to use and assemble
- 【Safe Activity for Development & Exploration】- Using premium materials for a reliable design, this baby mobile for crib is excellent & safe for babies from 0 months & up to have and engage with in all the ways that curious little ones do without worrying about falling. The stable and adjustable connector arm opens wide enough so it can be attached to various baby furniture pieces. It's also convenient to carry and use on the go with only a 3-part assembly that you can set up anywhere in no time!
- 【Portable Setup】- With its portable setup, it's a highly versatile clip attachment for a child's crib, bassinet, pack and play, bed, and more. This mobile for crib measures 17in (43cm) height x 15in (38cm) width when assembled.
- With Remote Control (2.5 feet), Projection function, Auto Rotation,Light and music
- Mobile Pack 'n Plays in 0.46"-1.55" fits most play yards, travel cribs, infant car seats, Suit for strollers, and bassinets so on
- Remote with Time setting, Cute cartoon toys spin slowly, Can attract the baby’s attention, Help to exercise baby's eyesight.
- With 5 fun teether toys, Can be separated, Material: Safe Plastic
- Music box Volume up/down setting(Including 3 batteries, Search AA 1.5V batteries in Amazon for exchange batteries)
- These playful elephant are thoroughly modern in graphic black and white, great for baby's developing eyes and sure to delight! Printed pillows featuring elephants and stars playfully hang from fabric covered arms and colorful velour balls add a delightful detail. Music box is suspended from a changeable fabric covered arm in a fun black and white stripe or dot fabric. Mobile pairs wonderfully with The Peanutshell Crib Bedding & Sheet Sets.
- Digital, not wind-up, music box plays soothing snippets of 12 different lullabies which can be changed at the touch of a button
- Designed to fit standard cribs; spot clean
- Promotes auditory, motor development, visual stimulation
- Requires two AA batteries that are not included; easy assembly instructions included
- ENGAGE AND DELIGHT BABY - Spinning black and white spirals delight baby as they encourage visual development
- SOOTHE AND AMUSE - 20 minutes of continuous classical music to soothe baby.Mobile grows with your baby converting into a stand-alone music box when the time for mobiles is over
- SOOTHING MOBILE MOTION - Specially-designed soothing motion for a calm, relaxed baby
- REMOVABLE MUSIC BOX - Music box removes easily letting you take it along on its own or later use as a standalone toy for an older baby
- CALMING NIGHTLIGHT - Soft nightlight comforts baby during quiet times
- Plays more than 45 soft sing-along songs, melodies and phrases
- Features brightly colored ocean animal characters
- Projects calming stars and moon images onto the ceiling
- 2-In-1 mobile can be transformed into a crib toy As your baby grows
- Long-playing soft music helps soothe babies to sleep
- ☁️ MADE FOR BABY'S VIEW - With this montessori mobile, the baby will never look at any animal bottom of the elephant mobile or woodland mobile anymore. Our nursery mobile is made for baby's view and to be pretty in the nursery.
- 🌱 VISUAL STIMULATION FOR BABY 0-5 MONTHS - Introduces baby to high contrast images and colors for early visual development with a hanging mobile over little one's crib. The baby crib toys that attach to the crib are high contrast baby toys with 5 different shapes which give visual stimulation to engage your baby.
- 🌙 UPGRADED DIGITAL MUSIC BOX - Thanks to customer's feedback. We have found a number of weaknesses of the winding drive music box. Thus we have upgraded to use the music box which use battery for better customer experience.
- 🏡 SIZE AND MATERIAL - Clip crib rail thickness up to 1.54 inch (Before Purchasing, please make sure the edge of your crib suitable for the baby bed holder) The crib mobile arm are made of safe ABS material, offer your baby harmless using experience. Easy to install, no screw needed.
- 💕 BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - If you don't love your purchase, return for a full refund. We love and value our customer because making them happy means the world to a small business like ours. We want you to feel confident with your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby mobile crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!