Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby mirror for crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby mirror for crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Double-Feature is a two-sided developmental toy designed to stimulate baby's visual curiosity.
- Hard-coated polycarbonate mirror.
- Array of developmentally appropriate black and white graphics in graduated complexity.
- Developmental Value: Encourages visual activity (scanning, focusing, tracking, orienting) and sense of self.
- Size 16 "x 12"
- Baby Crib Mirror - Black, White & Red- Infant-Stim Mirror
- Crib mirror has mirror on one side and high contrast graphics on the other.
- Mirror provides baby with a better sense of "self" and helps to develop a better self-image.
- 14.5" x 10"
- Birth and up
- Whether used to admire their reflection in the mirror film, explore exciting elements like tags, loops, rings and crinkles with their fingers, teeth on the teething ring or simply lay on the backside as a pillow, babies have everything they need in the Rainbow discovery mirror.
- Mirrors are a great way to help babies explore. Just watch their delight in seeing their own reflection and movements right before their eyes.
- Easily attaches to playpen crib or baby carrier with hook and loop fastener. Recommended for ages 6 months and up.
- Features vibrant colors, textures and patterns with 11 different elements to discover including a crinkly knot, plastic teething ring, rattling rings and a variety of loops and tags with different shapes, colors and textures.
- Made of polyester, mirror film and plastic. Measures 9.5" in diameter. Machine washable on cold. Do not tumble dry.
- Smile, Baby 2-in1 Crib & Floor Mirror easily attaches to crib rail by the cloth tie strings
- Or stands upright on the floor for tummy time play.
- Developmental Mirror Features: Large quality reflective baby-safe mirror.
- Reversible! Mirror and Graphics.
- Surface washable, soft cotton cloth material. Infant safe, birth and up.
- Baby Safe Mirror for Crib – Designed to let infants, newborns, and small toddlers see their reflection while they’re enjoying tummy time or lying in a crib, bassinet, or bed this crib mirror is safe, shatter-resistant, and super durable.
- Unbreakable Acrylic Materials – This baby crib mirror is 100% shatterproof which means you can safely mount it on the rails on the inside of your child’s crib so they can lie there and look at their reflection or touch and play with the mirror itself.
- Inspire Early Learning – Using a mirror for baby crib and bassinet use is a great way to keep babies calm, relaxed, and focused when they’re playing alone, going to bed, or just waking up. It also helps with developing vision and social confidence.
- Soft, Quilted Fabric Cover – Each Cribby baby safe crib mirror is wrapped in a plush, full-quilted cover that adds style to the mirror but also adds another layer of safety. It can be removed and washed to keep it looking clean and smelling fresh.
- Clear, Accurate Reflections – We use a premium-grade, unbreakable acrylic in our mirror which allows your baby to see themselves more clearly without distortions, so they can feel happy and confident as they interact with themselves.
- ☀High Contrast Black And White: Baby can't see the world completely before he/she is one year old. At this time, he / she will be more excited about black and white! High contrast black and white and reflection of our baby mirror toys can stimulate your baby's visual senses and attract your baby's attention!
- ❤Cultivate Baby's Self-Awareness: Playing mirror games can help baby cultivate the self-awareness, such as touching the baby's head and holding baby's hand to touch the "baby" in the mirror. At the beginning, baby can't realize that the baby in the mirror is himself. After repeated watching and touching the mirror, baby will know himself!!!
- ★Multi-Functional Baby Mirror: It can not only be installed in the car as a car seat toy, but also be buckled on the stroller or crib as a stroller toy for the baby to play. In addition, you can also put baby mirror on the ground to encourage your baby to enjoy tummy time.
- ✿Unique Baby Mirror Toy: Compared with ordinary baby mirrors, our high contrast black-and-white cow tummy time mirror toy’s lovely 3D cow shape can attract the baby's attention more. To ensure that the baby toy can be firmly installed, here is a powerful Velcro and two buttons to help you fix it!
- ■Perfect Baby Gift: As the first gift for baby, it will be the children's favorite gift among the gifts received. This baby mirror toy can also be sent as Christmas gifts, Easter gifts, baby shower gifts and birthday gifts to newborn, infant, baby aged 3 months＋. If you have any questions after purchase, please contact us immediately. Your satisfaction is our top priority! So what are you waiting for?
- Large True-Reflection Mirror engages baby's developing vision
- Two-color spinning ball engages baby's curiosity.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Bold, red ladybug attracts baby's developing visual skills. Rotating/clicking bee engages growing baby.
- Easel back stands on floor
- Soft frame construction is perfect for baby's environment
- Babies Love Large Mirror Toy! Epessa designed larger mirror than others and also it’s more stable because of big angle. Meanwhile, we have printed high contrast black and white images on the other side of mirror. Your baby can enjoy a variety of fun with this mirror toy, like looking mirror, learn animals and shapes.
- Soft Edge, Well Sewn & Safe: Safe and no-toxic fabric with soft stitched edge design will avoid scratches, and all components are well sewn to prevent them from falling off. To protect the baby, our mirror material is made of high quality plastic, unlike the plane reflection of glass, it is more like distorting mirror, which will attract the attention of the baby.
- High Contrast Black And White Patterns: Experiments have proved that newborns prefer to look at high-contrast complex patterns, which helps to exercise the baby’s vision and stimulate the baby’s curiosity. Let baby observe Epessa Montessori mirror toy during tummy time and it will improve infant’s cognitive ability and promote the intellectual development.
- Not Only For Tummy Time(for Carseat/Stroller/Crib): Epessa floor mirror is not only perfect for tummy time, but also for other daily places. You can hang this behind the car seat to comfort your baby while traveling. Behinds, it’s good to be used in the crib and stroller. This floor mirror will catch baby’s eye and attract baby’s attention.
- Great Gift for Baby Shower: What fun baby's self-discoveries is! Every baby deserves this floor mirror toy. They love the special soft sounds made by crinkle papers, love their reflection in the mirror and also love the novelty patterns! Babies is always curious about everything!
- Developmental Newborn Toy: Tummy Time Mirror with high contrast patterns are easier to catch baby's eye during tummy time and for baby's foggy eyesight to see, adapt to infant's changes in visual development. Tummy time floor mirror helps strengthen baby’s leg arm muscles to prepare to crawl.
- Detachable Crinkle Cloth Book: Baby Mirror Tummy Time with detachable crinkle cloth book. It will squeak when the baby grabs it, thereby promoting the sensitive of the baby’s hearing and touch. The hand drawing dinosuar, koala, elephant, monkey, tiger, tortoise, butterfly and owl on the surface of the cloth book, can make the book looks more interesting!
- With Suction Cup Spinner Toy and Soft Teether: Suction Cup Spinner Toy can stick on baby tummy time mirror spinning and make a rustling sound to attract the baby to face the baby crib mirror. it also can be stick on floor, bathtud, window etc. Soft Teether can make the baby more comfortable and meet the needs of the baby during the teething period.
- Lightweight and Portable: Baby Mirror for Play Mat is perfect for baby. You might need to adjust the angle by propping it up from the bottom to give it a better angle for baby to see the baby play mirror better though. When traveling, it can also be hung on the car seat to attract the baby's attention and relieve the baby's boredom.
- Perfect Gift for Exploring the New World: Our tummy time mirror for babies 0-6 months is an excellent tool for early learning education and enlightenment. Infant Toy Mirror is suitable as a gift for the first birthday, Christmas, or other holidays of infant. Help the little ones to open the door to the new world,explore the world and continue to grow.
- Look and learn with the Lil' Critters Magical Discovery Mirror by VTech
- Press or pull the star and a monkey and lion will magically appear in the mirror
- Turning butterfly plays a variety of playful sounds while encouraging motor skill development; features 60+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases
- Shape sorter and roller ball help build fine motor skills; mirror easily attaches to crib with adjustable straps for independent play
- Requires 3 AA batteries (batteries included for demo purposes only, new batteries recommended for regular use); baby mirror intended for ages birth and up
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby mirror for crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!