Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby mattress for graco crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby mattress for graco crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 2-SIDED MATTRESS: Breathable and supportive mattress is designed to grow with your baby; The smooth, firm side is recommended for the infant stage, while the convoluted side is recommended for the toddler stage; flip from side to side as your baby grows.
- ULTRA SOFT OUTER COVER: Designed with your child’s comfort, this mattress’ ultra-soft (yet durable) outer cover is made from a viscose blend material; the outer over is also water-resistant, making sure your child’s sleep environment is dry and comfortable.
- REMOVABLE, HAND-WASHABLE OUTER COVER: Keeping your child’s sleep environment clean and fresh, this mattress’ outer cover is also removable and hand-washable; gently unzip the outer cover, hand wash in cold water with mild soap (no bleach), and line dry
- SAFER CHOICE: Expert tested to meet all applicable federal safety standards
- DESIGNED TO FIT YOUR NURSERY: This mattress is designed to fit any standard full-size crib and toddler bed; Length (52 inches) x Width (28 inches) x Height (6 inches); Weight (12 pounds); Mattress made of polyurethane foam.
- Soft Fabric and Noiseless Design: Soft microfiber fabric at the top, quilted with down alternative filling for some cushioning, and the middle use waterproof layer. Extra fabric at the bottom. Because of this four layer design and use of this soft fabric, the cover will not make any crinkling sounds,provide your baby a quiet and comfortable environmemt.
- Comfortable and Absorbent Filling: The quilted design and optimum padding of our pack n play mattress cover give just the right amount of softness and support for your baby to sleep or play. and we use extra comfortable filling that can also absorbs any liquids almost instantly and the fully waterproof lining protects your expensive mattress.
- Size: The mattress pad cover dimension 27 x 39 x 5 inches, designed specifically for the pack n play mattress (38"x 26"), mini/portable crib mattress (38"x24") or a foldable playard mattress, including fit for Graco pack n play, Dream on Me or hiccapop pack and play mattress, Papablic pack and play mattress, portable mini crib mattress.
- Ultimate Protection: The premium waterproof material is breathable and protects your baby from no matter what kind of liquid may come. Moreover, this mattress pad cover is vinyl-free and ideal for children with allergies or asthma. Machine washable & dry, for frequent accidents, buy 2 or more - while one is washed, the other can replace to protects the mattress.
- Moonsea Guarantee: The product quality you can trust so you can buy at ease. If there is any problem with our pack n play mattress pad cover, please contact us and we can replace for you or money back without excuses.
- 2 Pack & Perfect fit: Compatible with Graco Travel Lite Crib.
- Waterproof & Breathable:The backing layer of waterproof bassinet pad protects mattress from any water spills or bed-wetting. Bamboo bassinet mattress pad cover comes with natural moisture wicking property, which regulates sleep temperature for baby sleep.
- Crease-resisting & Extra-Comfort: This waterproof bassinet mattress pad cover for Graco Travel Lite Crib is made with Bamboo fleece surface and quilted with absorbent filling not too thick or thin just appropriate for your baby’s extra comfort.
- Noiseless & Sound sleep: The bamboo bassinet mattress pad does no plastic crinkle noise whenever baby moves, also a great choice for your newborn’s sensitive skin.
- Wash Durable & Easy-care: Neatly stitched for year-round durability. Machine cold wash on gentle cycle, and tumble dry on low heat.
- GREENGUARD GOLD AND CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED: Screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air; Made with no intentionally added ozone depleters, mercury, lead, formaldehyde, and no accessible hazardous heavy metals
- DUAL-SIDED, DUAL-COMFORT: Dual-sided mattress features 2 unique sides, meaning mattress can be flipped to adapt to your growing child; Infant side is the recommended firmness for infants; Toddler side is softer and designed for your toddler's comfort
- WATER-RESISTANT, MACHINE-WASHABLE OUTER COVER: Features a soft, 100% machine-washable, water-resistant outer cover; Toddler side also includes a convenient "quick unzip" feature for easy cleaning in case of accidents; Delicate cycle only, hang to dry
- EXPERT TESTED: Expert tested by independent laboratories to guarantee it meets the highest standards for your child’s safety; Meets applicable federal safety and flammability standards
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB AND TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 in) x W (28 in) x H (up to 6 in); Weight (12.67 lbs); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- WE PUT BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: Non-toxic construction is free from harmful materials/chemicals
- IDEAL FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS: Premium sustainably sourced firm fiber core made from upcycled plastic bottles for a healthier, longer sleep for your newborn and toddler | SIZE: 27.5"W x 52"L x <6"H (fits standard cribs and toddler beds)
- WATERPROOF FOR EASY CLEANING: Durable, waterproof vinyl cover is easy to clean | Both sides of the mattress feature a waterproof cover, so flip the mattress when it comes time for your baby to move to a toddler bed for freshness
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: GREENGUARD Gold certified: recognizes products with low chemical emissions, contributing to healthier environments | Meets or exceeds flammability, lead, phthalate and CPSIA testing and does not contain toxic fire retardants
- MORE IMPORTANT INFO: Mattress comes with limited 7 year warranty | Made in USA | Lightweight design makes changing sheets easy | Square corners help for secure fit inside the crib or toddler bed
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied crib per product instructions
- Assemble per product instructions
- Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- This service does not include haul-away of products or trash
- WE PUT BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: Non-toxic construction is free from harmful materials/chemicals | Mattress meets or exceeds flammability, lead, phthalate and CPSIA testing and does not contain toxic fire retardants
- DUAL SIDED FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS: At the core 120 heavy duty innerspring coils offers ideal firmness for babies and toddlers | An additional layer of naturally blended cotton layer on toddler side provides enhanced comfort
- WATERPROOF FOR EASY CLEANING: Vinyl cover is waterproof | Full perimeter border wire creates a stable surface throughout the mattress
- GREENGUARD Gold certified: recognizes products with low chemical emissions, contributing to healthier environments | CertiPUR-US certified: made without PBDE fire retardants, lead, formaldehyde and other harmful materials
- MORE IMPORTANT INFO: Mattress comes with limited 35-year warranty | Made in USA | SIZE: 27.5"W x 52"L x <6"H (fits standard cribs and toddler beds) | Square corners to help with a secure fit inside the crib and toddler bed
- Lightweight and durable. It is made with a high density thermo-bonded polyester fiber core that provides ultra firm support and a 100% Vinyl outer cover that is waterproof and stain resistant to wipe clean in an instant
- Mattress dimensions: 52"L x 27.5"W x 5"H. Weight limit: 50 lb. For optimal use, rotate mattress every 2-3 months. 10-year limited warranty. Handcrafted in Canada. Made of imported textiles
- This mattress has achieved GREENGUARD GOLD Certification. GREENGUARD Certified products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage
- Fits standard crib with internal measurements of 28⅝ in. X 53 in
- Safety 1st has received the Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Most Recommended brand for Baby Crib & Toddler Mattress
- QUALITY BUILD: The Baby Fairy Dust 5” Mattress is made of plush yet firm breathable foam that fits a full-size crib & toddler bed.
- CONVENIENT & EASY TO CLEAN: The Mattress comes with a removeable outer cover that’s machine-washable. It’s also water resistant & stain resistant.
- SAFETY-FIRST: The Baby Fairy Mattress comes in the recommended firmness for infants, is Greenguard Gold Certified, JPMA-certified, and constructed of quality, fireproof fiber.
- YOU-CONSCIOUS: The Mattress comes with a 7- Year Warranty.
- PRODUCT SPECS: The mattress dimensions are 52” L x 28” W x 5” H.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby mattress for graco crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!