Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib tent for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib tent Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Game Changer for Escape Artist - If you have a walking tornado or escape artist, our crib net will be a great helper for your sanity. The crib tent to keep baby from climbing out will keep your toddlers safely in bed. No more sleepless nights! An adorable net is added to store frequent baby nursery products like diapers.
- Sturdier Structure - We’ve upgraded pop-up design in market with two strong rods. This crib mosquito net is able to handle your toddlers’ toughness firmly. Extra bottom sockets and straps help ensure stability of the baby crib canopy, so it will not collapse.
- Better Protection - The mesh is constructed by smaller holes, which provides better protection against annoying guests like mosquitoes. It is a piece of cake to withstand babies’ ripping & pets’ clawing. This baby crib cover to keep baby from climbing out fits most standard cribs.
- Carefully-Selected Details - In order to ensure ventilation and avoid suffocation, we choose breathable, see-through mesh as well as 100% soft cotton cloth. Two openings are designed to put mattress and interact with babies. And it is machine-washable! No need to hand wash.
- Satisfying Customer Service - With 2-year satisfaction warranty, you can contact us if you meet any problems or issue about this crib net to keep baby in. We are confident that you will definitely love crib cover to keep baby from climbing out! Unfolded Measurement - 4.1 x 2.3 x 4.6 f.
- This crib cover to keep baby from climbing out is SECURE DURING SLEEP OR PLAY AND PACKED WITH SAFETY
- SEE THROUGH 360º ANGLE MESH for a full, wide angle view of your baby's crib, day and night.
- AUTO LOCK ZIPPERS ensure your infant's security while in the canopy keeping away cat and mosquito.
- WASHABLE & WIPEABLE BPA FREE NET COVER IS SEE THROUGH, soft to the touch and tent fits any crib.
- SAFE STURDY FRAME TENT assembles in seconds giving baby a canopy cover & protection from climbing
- UPGRADED MESH & FRAME- The baby crib tent with see-through mesh provides a clear view. Babies can be observed in time. Large openings allows you to easily place your baby in the crib, or take them out. Our four-sided arch design is based on many professional tests and market surveys. With built-in ribbon binding on all sides, the crib tent assures stability and for your kids.
- EASY AIR CIRCULATION - This pop up tent crib features highest-quality and security. This crib net to keep baby in has upgraded and 1200 holes/inch are selected according to the customers' experience. The unique mesh size can allow air to fully circulate, thus ensuring the baby’s comfort and health.
- STURDY & NO CLIMBING OUT - The crib tent to keep baby from climbing out is soft yet strong with dense and small mesh holes. Our baby crib tent canopy cover offers protection against babies’ climbing-out and falling accidents. With rugged and durable zippers, opening and closing are quiet while baby is asleep.
- EASY POP-UP SET UP - This L Runnzer baby crib pop up tent can be set up within seconds: Remove the strap and the crib tents to keep toddler in will be released and formed into shape; then spread the net , put it in the crib and connect the side strap to it. No special tools are needed! Package size is 24 x 24 x 2.2 inches. Weight is 3.6lbs.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE- We promise you a risk-free shopping experience. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the crib canopy. Our after-sales team is always here for you.
- Prevents Infant From Climbing Out of Crib | No more losing sleep! This crib safety tent/topper keeps your little one safe and snug in his or her crib.
- The Safe Crib Tent | Our crib tent was designed in light of the dangers and flaws of other versions. Ours is not prone to inverting and collapsing which can pose a suffocation hazard. We took the costly route and incorporated precise geometry, highly durable materials, and everything necessary to ensure this is the safest tent your child can be in.
- Premium Materials | Sturdy yet soft satin-based mesh, super durable cotton trims, and YKK locking zippers, ensures high strength and durability.
- Universal fit | The tent fits the majority of cribs and maximizes space to ensure a child’s comfort. This crib extender can also be used to prevent cats/pets from entering the crib.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed! | Our tents are protected with our 60 day money back guarantee and a 2 Year manufacturer's warranty.
- NO MORE CLIMBING OUT - Are you searching for a safe way to keep your baby sleep in his crib all night long? Our De-Lovely crib net is the perfect choice! Though your baby is an escape artist, this crib net will securely stop baby from climbing out and ensure your solid night’s rest!
- THOUGHTFUL STRUCTURE - The crib tent to keep baby from climbing out features four-sided arch frame with built-in ribbons on crib corners, which is not prone to inverting or collapsing. You don’t have to worry your little one will get tangled in it or your pets will disturb him.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Premium dense mesh is used to ensure breathability and block unwanted guests like mosquitoes. Updated zipper is stronger enough to withstand long-time use. Large opening allows you change mattress or sheets easily.
- INSTANT POP UP - The crib cover to keep baby from climbing out can be set up in seconds! All you need to do is to remove the strap of the package, and this baby crib tent will be automatically released. After that, put it in the crib and connect the side strap to the crib. No tools needed!
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - We invite you to have a risk-free shopping experience. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the crib net to keep baby in. Measurement - 4.3x2.3x4.3 f (Fits most cribs)
- UPGRADED MATERIAL - The see-through mesh of this crib tent provides a clear view so that your baby can be observed in time. Large openings allows you to place baby in or out. Based on market survey and professional tests, we choose the stable frame with built-in ribbon binding on all sides so that the crib tent assures stability for your explorers.
- NO CLIMBING OUT - Our pop up crib tent was made of premium mesh with dense holes, featuring soft and strong. Our crib canopy cover can protect babies from climbing out and your good sleep will be back! With rugged and durable zippers, opening and closing are quiet when baby is asleep.
- EASY AIR CIRCULATION -This crib tent to keep baby from climbing out is 100% safe. We choose 1200 holes/inch soft mesh according to the feedback of customers' use experience. The unique mesh size can allow air to fully circulate, thus ensuring the baby’s comfort and health.
- ASSEMBLY IS A BREEZE - You can get this self supporting crib net in seconds by two steps: Remove the strap, the crib tent will release itself and automatically form into shape; Then put the mosquito net in the crib and connect the side strap to the crib. No other tools needed! Package size is 24 x 24 x 2.2 inches. Weight is 2 LB.
- LIFETIME GURANTEE - We hope you can enjoy a happy shopping experience. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on this crib net to keep baby in. We will do our best to make our customers satisfied.
- Designed in the USA by Pro Baby Safety
- The Baby Crib Tent by Pro Baby Saftey is the perfect stylish and sturdy infant crib topper. Be sure to check out the highest quality construction available on Amazon. 100% satisfaction guarantee—no strings attached.
- Give all mommy's peace of mind; protect your toddler from falls or bites. With a high-end 55" x 52.5" x 28" baby safety net, you can save your precious angels from falls, bug bites, and getting stuck between rails.
- The see-through Baby Crib Tent by Pro Baby Saftey is genuinely the first and finest of its kind. This durable yet delicate mesh cover is BPA-free and hypoallergenic. It fits all standard baby beds with 52" (132cm) L x 28" (71cm) with mattress.
- While competitors cut corners with cheap, rough mesh material, our canopy's satin base and thick, flexible netting are velvety to the touch. Install perfectly over the crib for a snug fit for superior safety—no more scratches or getting tangled.
- Designed in the USA by Pro Baby Safety
- PREVENT YOUR CHILD FROM SNEAKING OUT OF THE CRIB: If you find yourself frequently checking the monitor or peaking in the room to make sure your child hasn’t gotten out of their crib then you’re going to love this mosquito net for cribs. It keeps them safe and sound inside.
- AIR IS ABLE TO CIRCULATE FREELY TO KEEP THEM COMFY: The crib cover to keep baby from climbing out has thousands of tiny holes that allow air to circulate, so your child is cool and calm inside. It also will keep bugs and insects from sneaking their way inside.
- TENT ALLOWS YOU TO EASILY SEE WHAT THEY'RE UP TO: This baby safety crib canopy measures 52.5 x 29 x 55 inches and is made from a thinner but still strong mesh. This type of mesh allows you to easily see what’s going on inside of the crib when you look through a monitor.
- THE MOMENT YOU SET IT UP YOU’LL SEE THE DIFFERENCE: When designing our cribs tents, we focused on all of the little details that similar, lower quality tents miss. We wanted to ensure the quality and safety were second to none. Mission accomplished. As an added bonus, they’re easy to install. They’ll go from the box to fully installed in minutes.
- SAFETY & KEEPS BABY FROM CLIMBING OUT OF CRIB - Yola Hippo crib tent is proven to keep baby in. We have specialized in crib net tents for over 10 years. Premium quality materials are used to ensure the highest quality of every detail, and precise design ensures the baby crib tent will not invert or collapse, which can pose a suffocation hazard. Safety Is Our First Priority For Baby!
- UPGRADED ZIPPERS, MORE DURABILITY -This crib cover tent features the highest quality zipper. Ordinary zippers are easy to break according to feedback from customers. Famous Japanese brand YKK zippers are exclusively used for Yola Hippo pop up crib tent to ensure security and durability.
- UPGRADED MESH, BETTER AIR CIRCULATION-1200 holes/inch and six-angle mesh fabric was selected. The mesh is transparent and breathable to provide a clear view of babies and allows air to fully circulate. This unique mesh is soft to ensure your baby’s comfort, yet strong to protect your baby from falls, bug bites & getting stuck between the crib rails.
- CHIC STYLING & UNIVERSAL FIT - With exquisite design and hand-made moon & star decorations, this baby crib canopy tent will bring a charming silhouette to your kids’ room. Our spacious crib cover tent measures 55” L x 27.5” W x 51” H, fitting most standard-size cribs.
- EASY POP-UP ASSEMBLY -Setting up this crib safety pop up tent is a breeze. It takes only seconds to install, no assembly needed. We invite you to have a risk-free shopping experience. Our baby crib net tents are protected with our 30-day money back guarantee and a one year manufacturer's warranty.
- 【Friendly Material】 - Made of certificated high quality material, 100% non-toxic and eco-friendly, ensures baby safe and comfort.
- 【Anti UV】 - The special silver coated fabric around the full coverage to ensure the best Anti-UV Effect. The UV rating of 50+ (UPF 50+) - protect you and your family from the sun harmful rays.
- 【Wind-resistant & Ventilated】 - Comes with 2 durable tent pegs, you don’t need worry the baby tent getting blown away. Mesh design all around make sure your baby enjoy the comfortable breeze. Mosquito net will keep bugs far away.
- 【No Assembly Required】 - It pops up within 3 seconds. it’s also easy to fold back up. The frame is made from elasticity metal material which is able to withstand thousands of times bending.
- 【Humanized Size】 - The diameter of the this nursery travel bed after folded is 19.3 inch, The size after set up is 53 x 35 x 24 inch (L x W x H).
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib tent for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!