Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib shoes for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib shoes Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- 【SAFETY】-- Multiple Safety test, NO any stimulation to the skin of baby.
- 【EASY】 - EASY ON, EASY OFF, An elastic Ankle Band Makes Our Moccasin Easy to Put on, Take off.
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT】 - Soft, lightweight and anti-slip sole is well-crafted to make walking feel natural.
- 【BREATHABLE】 - The soft sole and breathable material can keep the feet comfortable.
- 【GUARANTEE】 - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Zero Hassle Returns - Return Your Shoes for Any Reason
- 🎀【SOFT&COMFORTABLE】-The Shoes Made of Canvas and There Is No Ingredients Are Harmful to Baby’s Skin Meet The Standard.The Inside of Shoes Made of Soft Cotton So Baby Will Feel Cozy when They Are Wearing.
- 🌟【NON-SLIP&SLIP-ON】-The Sole of Shoe Is Made of Non-Slip Material That Is Why It Has a Great Grip Can Prevent Baby from Falling Effectively when They Are Walking.Elastic Adjustment Design on Both Sides of The Shoes Easy to Put On and Take Off which Is Benefit for Baby to Learn To Put On The Shoes By Himself.
- 🌸【CLASSIC&LIGHTWEIGHT】-Classic Design and New Color Matching Keep It Fashionable while Not Being Outdated Easily.It Is Lightweight Baby Can Easily Lift Will Not Be a Burden and Leaving a Certain Space Will Not Hinder The Growth of Your Baby's Feet.
- 🌹【FANTASTIC GIFT】-It Is Suitable to Wear It Attending Various Occasions Such As Birthday Party,Family Gathering,Friends Gathering and Taking Photo.It Can Get Many Compliments Will Be a Great Baby Shower,Birthday and Another Holiday Gift for Your Sweetheart!
- 🔱【REST ASSURED PURCHASE】-100% Guaranteed Zero Hassle Returns.We Provide General Age Recommendations for Each of Our Sizes But Every Child Is Unique! Please Measure Your Baby's Foot for The Best Possible Fit.If for Any Reason You Are Not Satisfied, Please Contact Us.
- Plastic is a problem. Innovation is our solution.
- Infants' adidas Originals shoes with elastic laces
- Synthetic upper made with a minimum of 50% recycled materials. No virgin polyester.
- Elastic laces
- Soft textile outsole
- 【SAFE】- Safety Tested for Peace Of Mind, No Any Stimulation to The Skin of Baby.
- 【SOFT】 - Soft, Lightweight and Anti-Slip Sole is Well-Crafted to Make Walking Feel Natural.
- 【EASY】 - EASY ON, EASY OFF, An elastic Ankle Band Makes Our Moccasin Easy to Put on, Take off, and Most Importantly, Stay on Your Child's Feet!
- 【FASHION DESIGN】 - Classic High-top Canvas Cute Style Suit for Crawling,Walking,Playing.Best Shower Gift for Newborn.
- 【GUARANTEE】 - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Zero Hassle Returns - Return Your Shoes for Any Reason.
- 【Material】- Soft safety material. Warm, Comfy, Soft Bottom and Lightweght fit for pre-walker、 crawling、 Learning to Walk.
- 【Size】- Please measure baby's feet first and choose correct size refer to our size chart, the age groups are just as reference.
- 【Easy On and Off】- These princess shoes is Easy to put On and Off, and they will stay on your baby's feet.
- 【Best gift】- Stylish Adorable baby girl shoes is Best Shower Gift for Newborn. Great for daily use and make a perfect Baby Shower、 Birthday Present.
- 【GUARANTEED】- If Any Quality Problems with Our Shoes, Please Contact Us and We Will Be Happy to Provide You With Your Choice of a Replacement or Refund.
- Premium soft cloth material,lightweight and breathable, makes baby feel comfortable
- Elastic closure with bowknot decor
- Adorable for your little princess's outfit
- Size 10cm: Recommended Age is 0-3 Months,Sole length 3.94";Size 11cm: Recommended Age is 3-6 Months,Sole Length 4.33"; Size 12cm: Recommended Age is 6-12 Months,sole Length 4.72"; Size 13cm: Recommended Age is 12-18 Months,sole Length 5.12";
- Return or exchange is free
- [ HIGH QUALITY MATERAL ] - These stylish baby shoes were made with high quantity pu leather upper, comfort polyester lining, soft anti-skid rubber bottom sole.
- [ PERFECT FOR FRIST WALKER] - These baby boys shoes of durable rubber sole, soft but sturdy have a nice grip on the ground, perfect for toddlers starting to walk, the sturdiness of it improves when walking and the softness of the shoe gives the flexibility to crawl when little baby wants.
- [ EASY WEAR ] - Lace up closure makes these baby sneakers easy to put on and did not fall off.
- [ SUIT FOR ANY OCCASIONS ]– Don't hesitate any more, put on these infant baby walker shoes to play with your baby it will be your best choice.
- [ BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE]- If you are not satisfied with our bay shoes for any reason, please contact us and we will take care of you.
- 【HIGH QUALITY】 - Safety tested for peace of mind., NO any stimulation to the skin of baby.
- 【SOFT】 - Soft, lightweight and anti-slip sole is well-crafted to make walking feel natural.
- 【EASY WEAR & STAY ON】- Adjustable Hook&Loop Closure makes our infant shoes easy to put on, take off. And most importantly stable on your baby's feet won’t be kicked off.
- 【CLASSIC DESIGN】- Cute Bowknot Design Work for any Occasions like Partys ,Playing or just Walking around.Best Shower Birthday Gift for Toddlers.
- 【100% GUARANTEE】- If any quality problems with our booties, you’re welcome to return it for a replacement pair or complete refund.
- 💖WONDERFUL QUALITY💖- Lightweight Kid-friendly Sparkly Leather Blend Upper And Comfort Cotton Lining Material Good For Infant's Feet Feel The Ground Naturally And Growth Healthy.
- 💟STYLISH AND PRACTICAL💟- These Baby Girl Crib Shoes With Large Floral Bowknot And Flexible But Hard Bottom Are Perfect For Every Stage Infant Toddler. Non-slip Rubber Sole Protect Baby Safer When They Walking And Playing.
- 🧡EASY PUT ON AND OFF🧡- Adjustable Hook Loop Strap Make Our Baby Girl Princess Dress Shoes Easy To Put On And Take Off But Never Fall Off. Round Toes Design Protect Little Feet All Day Long.
- 💕ALL SCENES MATCH💕- Classic Style, Eye-Catching Color, Suitable For Birthday Parties, Wedding And Other Indoor Or Outdoor Activities, Also Can Be A Best Baby Shower Gift, Christmas Gift, etc.
- 💛GUARANTEE💛- We Love Our Customer. Please Measure The Feet, The Months Age Is Just For Reference, Measure Your Baby’s Foot Then Follow Our Size Inches Chart Will Fit Great. If You Have Any Question, Please Contact Us And We Will Take Care Of You.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib shoes for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!