Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib sheets reviews for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib sheets reviews Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- SOLID BLUE & NAUTICAL PRINTS – 4 pack crib sheet set with shades of navy and light blue whale coupled with ocean waves on a crisp white background are the perfect start for any nursery, for boy or girl! A perfect complement to The Peanutshell Nautical Crib Bedding Set
- SOFT & COMFY – The fabrics in our fitted crib sheet sets have been carefully selected to be soft, comfortable, and breathable. Made from 100% microfiber, these baby sheets will be the perfect addition to your little one's nursery
- HIGH QUALITY & EASY CARE – Designed to be fade resistant and machine washable for easy care. For best long-term care, machine wash these sheets on cold with similar colors on a gentle cycle. You can then tumble dry on low heat or line dry to best preserve the bright and colorful designs of this quick-drying material
- PERFECT FIT – This set includes four fitted infant sheets sized for a standard sized crib or infant mattress (52 in. by 28 in.) and has been tested for the perfect fit. With full elastic trim all around 4 sides, these sheets are easy to use and safely securable with 8 in. deep pockets
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE – We are sure you will love these sheets so our crib sheets are backed by our manufacturer 30 day money back guarantee. Click the yellow “Add to Cart” button now with total confidence knowing you are getting the best
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet Solid Color
- BEESNUG 360, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360 elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- Perfectly Fit: The dimension of the crib mattress sheet is 52”X 28”X 8”. With the elastic bandage surround, ensures our crib mattress sheets can snug fit your crib mattress no loose but flat which gives your baby a comfortable bedding.
- Highest Quality: These crib mattress sheets are made of ultra soft microfiber, woven into a soft and durable jersey. Your baby will be enjoying the soft, smooth and comfortable feeling when sleeps or plays in the crib. Also our crib mattress sheets are washable and pre-shrinked.
- Eco-friendly, Durable and Machine-washable: Tired of gasoline-like smells and holes in new sheets? We’ve got you covered! Our 100% microfiber knit sheets are produced under stringent environmental standards, so you get peace of mind when your little one sleeps. Our crib sheets are machine washable and dryer friendly.
- Easy Care: Machine washable on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry. Avoid directly heat.
- Biloban's Life-time Guarantee: Biloban's quality you can trust. If the product does not meet your needs for any reason, replacement or money back, no questions asked!
- Fields, Denise (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 286 Pages - 07/20/2021 (Publication Date) - Windsor Peak Press (Publisher)
- 100% Jersey Cotton. Measures 24 inches x 38 inches (Not for Standard Crib)
- SOFT. Our Cotton Jersey portable mini-crib sheets offer a warm, tee shirt like feel for exceptional comfort.
- QUALITY. Snug fit up to 3" thick mattress and elastic all around. Machine washable and dryable
- SELECTION. Available in a variety of colors to match any style.
- VALUE. Quality and style at a great price.
- SOFT, STYLISH, and SAFE - The first thing you will notice about our premium quality crib sheets is the luxuriously soft, breathable fabric. You’ll love the feel and fit as you pull the sheets snug and realize the elastic band wraps all the way around the mattress, creating a safe and soothing space for your baby to sleep.
- DESIGNED BY MOMS FOR MOMS - At Pobi Baby, we know how hard it can be to find a fitted crib sheet that is easy to use, safe for baby, and beautifully designed. We started this company because we’re customers just like you, and we knew we could provide a better product by paying attention to the details and refusing to compromise.
- EASY MAINTENANCE - Accidents happen and crib sheets need to be washed. We’ve included two complementary designs in each package to ensure you’ve always got one on hand. Best of all, our sheets do not wrinkle, shrink, or stretch out, even with many washes.
- BEAUTIFUL LONG LIFE - Unlike many other sheets, our high quality cotton/spandex blend will not pill or lose its vibrant colors over time. These crib sheets are designed to last! Fill your world with beauty by mixing and matching with Pobi Baby’s other nursery accessories: bassinet sheets, portable crib sheets, changing pad covers, and multi-use car seat and nursing covers.
- MOMS DESERVE THE BEST - These premium crib sheets are an absolute must have for your baby registry; the perfect baby shower gift for a mom you love. You can be sure to buy with total confidence, knowing that if for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, you can rely on our 30-day money back guarantee. Being a mom is tough enough; shopping online should be easy, and we’re here to help!
- Top & Bottom: 100% Soft Polyester; Middle: Waterproof Layer. Measures 28 inches x 52 inches x 9 inches
- QUIET: Extra soft materials eliminate noisy “crinkling” sounds.
- EASY CLEANUP: Our Pads make for an easy way to clean up after that occasional night time accident. Just pull them off, and throw them in the wash.
- VALUE: Deep pockets that fit a standard 6” crib mattress. Machine washable and dryable.
- FITS MOST PLAY n PLAYARD CRIB MATTRESS: Stop worrying whether this pack n play playard sheet set is going to fit your portable mini crib mattress pad- thanks to its thoughtful constructions, our portable mini crib sheets can fit most standard playard mattress.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: ultra soft jersey knit of the portable mini crib sheets are going to treat you baby’s skin like royalty- forget about rashes and undesirable skin infections!
- CLEAN IT WITHOUT HASSLE: This fitted pack n play sheet set topper can be cleaned easily and effortlessly, as it’s machine washable.
- APPLY IT WITHIN SECONDS: Thanks to the elastic bottom ,those convertible mattress cover can be applied within seconds and guarantees to stay in place no matter what.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED:Just in case you are disappointed with your purchase, we guarantee to give your money back instantly, without hassle.
- Dimensions: 52in. x 28in. x 8in.
- Brushed Microfiber - Pink, Grey and White
- Fully elastic bottom for secure fit on most standard size cribs and toddler beds
- Easy machine washable and dryable
- Love the fabric style? Sweet Jojo Designs also makes coordinating bedding and décor accessories.
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Pattern Print
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib sheets reviews for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!