Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib quality for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib quality Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- HYPOALLERGENIC MATERIALS, BREATHABLE AND NON-TOXIC. The baby lounger nest adopts Oeko-Tex Certified Class I (Highest Level) fiberfill ,100% hypoallergenic breathable fabric as the cover sheet, . Keeps your little one cosy and you do not have to worry about any allergic issue to the baby's sensitive skin.All of our baby loungers are manufactured under strict supervision and a meticulously quality control team to ensure the lounger for the baby meets all standards.
- REINVENTS THE WOMB: Baby lounger has been designed to offer a snug and soothing environment for babies. Many babies prefer a nurturing, cozy surrounding that mimics the mother’s womb.The soft all round U shape embraces the baby and protects the newborn from collisions and rolling out of the bed, plus a 1.6-inch thickness mattress provides longer and safer sleep for the baby.
- WATER RESISTS&EASY TO CLEAN: New material covering mat and bumper make the liquid not easy to soak through and U shape out ring easier for you to maintain the baby nest, just wipe to clean. The coverlet of our baby nest sleeper can be easily take off by the brand new hidden zipper and just throw into the washing machine.
- GROWING COMPANION FOR BABY: The U shape safe out ring around our infant nest is adjustable, loose or tight the drawstring to fit your baby's figure. Our infant lounger is suitable for newborns from 0 to 12 months. The size of the baby nest is about 31.4 x 19.6 inches and weights only for 3.5lbs and comes with a sewn in handle for easy portability. Add it as one of the babyshower gifts, newborn essentials, and must-haves items for expecting parents.
- BEST GUARANTEED.Our team of professionals is constantly creating the best quality products for your family.We promises 45 days no reason refund and 12 months after-sale service. Click “BUY IT NOW” and ENJOY QUALITY OF OUR NEW INFANT LOUNGER!
- QUALITY AND HERITAGE WITH LIVING TEXTILES. Living Textiles has been part of families for over 55 years. Established in 1963 in Sydney, Australia, we create quality baby products for every child. Our products, like this muslin jacquard blanket, are made of premium material and designed for versatile use. It can serve as receiving blankets for your newborn baby, baby swaddle blankets, a sunshade for your baby stroller or infant stroller, a soft play mat, or your own comfortable throw blanket!
- 100% COTTON DOUBLE-LAYER MUSLIN JACQUARD. Keep your newborn baby warm with our 100% cotton muslin baby blanket that's softer and cozier than ever! Other muslin blankets are thin and scratchy, but this is a double-layer baby blanket that is not only super soft but also lightweight, and breathable. It is free from harmful and toxic chemicals ensuring that your newborn baby is HEALTHY AND SAFE. All these make the Living Textiles cotton muslin blanket the perfect comfort blanket for your child!
- LOVELY GENDER NEUTRAL AND CLASSIC DESIGN. With a baby at home, you are going to use blankets everyday, so choose ones with long-lasting designs that never go out of style! The Living Textiles grey star muslin blanket comes in a unisex grey color that goes perfectly with any baby nursery. The adorable star design also adds charm and cuteness! Whether you are looking for baby girl blankets or baby blankets for boys, this stylish gender-neutral blanket is definitely ideal.
- PERFECT SIZE SUITABLE FOR NEWBORN BABIES. Designed for your newborn baby, the Living Textiles grey star muslin blanket comes in dimensions of 40 x 30 inches or 75 x 100 centimeters. This is the perfect size for your little one's baby blanket! It is big enough to cover their entire body fully and effectively keep them warm and comfortable. At the same time, it is also small enough to be lightweight and easy for your little baby to use and hold.
- PERFECT BABY GIFT FOR ALL OCCASION. Celebrate milestones with a special Living Textiles baby blanket! Because of its soft, breathable material and classic, timeless design, the Living Textiles grey star muslin swaddle blanket makes for perfect newborn baby gifts. This soft baby blanket will make occasions like your baby shower, birthdays, baby's baptismal or christening, and holidays like Christmas and Easter even more special. It is also packaged beautifully, making it ready for gifting.
- Heirloom-quality gray and white pieced crib quilt measures 32" x 48"
- Quilt top features a handsome combination of mix-and-match stripes, polka dots and solids
- Quilt is backed with gray and white striped cotton; machine quilting for added durability; gently rounded corners and bias-bound edges
- All fabrics are 100% cotton; polyester batting; machine wash cold; tumble dry low; do not bleach
- Since 1987 Stephan Baby has been creating unique and heartwarming gifts for little ones
- HYPOALLERGENIC MATERIALS, BREATHABLE. The baby lounger bed use 100% Breathable Cover, Tube and Pad 100% polyester.With extra side-padding,Baby nest sleeper have water proof mattress, The infinity hidden Zipper and pillow (Cute baby pillow with concave center for flat head prevention And 100% Hypoallergenic.), The Baby co sleeping for baby is made for baby and parents.It is a fancy baby shower gift for expectant mothers or newborn's parent.
- HAPPY PARENT-CHILD TIME:Baby lounger for newborn is the ideal spot to have tummy time with your little one. When baby is awake and ready to play with you, the rounded sides help to prop up your baby when placed under his/her arms . Tummy time can help babies develop neck strength and motor skills.
- TRAVEL FRIENDLY-MULTI FUNCTIONAL AND PORTABLE: The baby lounger pillow is 31.5in long and 19.7in wide. We also added extra cush to the base making it 1.6" for optimal support and so you can use it as a travel baby nest bed without worrying about hard flooring or unknown, hard beds,the Baby nest sleeper makes the perfect lounger, rest spot, tummy time aid and travel mat.
- EASIER TO CLEAN :Baby lounger for infant upgrade with pillow .The upgrade zipper allows endless zipping of the covers without any snags or breaking like other newborn baby nest sleeper, because of our thick binding. And finally, the foam padding is covered with 100% water, easy to washing and support machine washable, covers of bassinet, outer ring and pad are all detachable.
- BEST SERVICE: Our team of professionals is constantly working to make you happier. We provide technical support for customers 24/7. We are confident in the quality of our product and 30 days no reason refund or 12 month service. Click “BUY IT NOW ”And ENJOY QULITY OF OUR NEW INFANT LOUNGER!
- CRIB BEDDING SET FOR BOYS: Pam Grace Creations has designed this unique, one-of-a-kind crib bedding set to coordinate with the rest of the Cars Collection. Including: a Quilt, Rail Guard Cover, Fitted Crib Sheet, Crib Skirt, Diaper Stacker, Fleece Blanket, Changing Pad Cover, and many more!
- INCREDIBLY SOFT AND COMFORTABLE - Our baby crib bedding set is made of a Cotton-Polyester Blend that allows your little driver to win an exciting race while dreaming peacefully. The soft fabric allows you to keep the room warm in winter and cool in summer, keeping the cup champion comfortable all year round.
- THOUGHTFUL BABY BOY GIFT - Our bedding set is perfect for boys! Adorable navy blue race cars are lined up for a quick start on a background of baby blue, this color scheme looks great in any nursery or little boy's room.
- MACHINE WASHABLE FOR EASY CLEANING - Pam Grace Creations Baby Crib Bedding Set is soft and comfortable for your baby but strong enough to last through many washes just like a race car. Simply toss it into the washing machine when accidents happen!
- MUST HAVE IN YOUR NURSERY - This wonderful baby crib set is the perfect gift for any mom-to-be or a sweet surprise to brighten up your little one's nursery. The best part? This adorable and practical baby shower present comes with everything you need to have the best nursery room out there!
- SOFT, STYLISH, and SAFE - The first thing you will notice about our premium quality changing table covers is the luxuriously soft, breathable fabric. You’ll love the feel and fit as you pull the cover snug and realize the elastic band wraps all the way around the changing pad and even includes slits for the safety straps!
- DESIGNED BY MOMS FOR MOMS - At Pobi Baby, we know how hard it can be to find a changing pad cover that is easy to use and beautifully designed. We started this company because we’re customers just like you, and we knew we could provide a superior product by paying attention to the details and refusing to compromise.
- EASY MAINTENANCE - Accidents happen and changing covers need to be washed. We’ve included two complementary designs in each package to ensure you’ve always got one on hand. Best of all, our covers do not wrinkle, shrink, or stretch out, even with many washes.
- BEAUTIFUL LONG LIFE - Unlike many other changing pad covers, our high quality cotton/spandex blend will not pill or lose its vibrant colors over time. These covers are designed to last! Fill your world with beauty by mixing and matching with Pobi Baby’s other nursery accessories: crib sheets, bassinet sheets, portable crib sheets, and multi-use car seat and nursing covers.
- MOMS DESERVE THE BEST - These premium change table covers are an absolute must have for your baby registry; the perfect baby shower gift for a mom you love. You can be sure to buy with total confidence, knowing that if for any reason you are not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, you can rely on our 30-day money back guarantee. Being a mom is tough enough; shopping online should be easy, and we’re here to help!
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied crib per product instructions
- Assemble per product instructions
- Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- This service does not include haul-away of products or trash
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Canapari, Craig (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 226 Pages - 05/07/2019 (Publication Date) - Rodale Books (Publisher)
- WE PUT BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: Non-toxic construction is free from harmful materials/chemicals
- IDEAL FOR INFANTS AND TODDLERS: Premium sustainably sourced firm fiber core made from upcycled plastic bottles for a healthier, longer sleep for your newborn and toddler | SIZE: 27.5"W x 52"L x <6"H (fits standard cribs and toddler beds)
- WATERPROOF FOR EASY CLEANING: Durable, waterproof vinyl cover is easy to clean | Both sides of the mattress feature a waterproof cover, so flip the mattress when it comes time for your baby to move to a toddler bed for freshness
- SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: GREENGUARD Gold certified: recognizes products with low chemical emissions, contributing to healthier environments | Meets or exceeds flammability, lead, phthalate and CPSIA testing and does not contain toxic fire retardants
- MORE IMPORTANT INFO: Mattress comes with limited 7 year warranty | Made in USA | Lightweight design makes changing sheets easy | Square corners help for secure fit inside the crib or toddler bed
- McB McManus (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 48 Pages - 07/31/2015 (Publication Date) - Design Originals (Publisher)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib quality for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!