Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib overstock for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib overstock Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- MAX OUT THOSE LASHES: Designed to max out every lash, Lash Blast Volume Mascara creates 10 times more volume instantly
- MEGA VOLUME IN AN INSTANT: Instant blast of fullness and length
- PICK YOUR SHADE: Available in 4 different colors, so you can choose how bold you want to go
- ZERO CLUMPS: This volumizing mascara evenly coats each lash with no clumping or flaking
- CRUELTY-FREE: Covergirl products are Leaping Bunny Certified by Cruelty-Free International, meaning they are never tested on animals
- #1 Pediatrician Recommended Baby Detergent
- Specially formulated for newborn babies
- Trusted by moms for over 80 years
- Recommended by Pampers.Measure with Cap. Use more for heavily soiled loads. Start washer, add detergent, then add clothes
- Hardcover Book
- McDermott-Perez, Lisa (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 192 Pages - 01/30/2007 (Publication Date) - Praeger (Publisher)
- Using a real human voice, lull your baby to sleep with a calming shush — freeing up your precious time. Baby Shusher is the only baby soother needed for your nursery
- 15 to 30-minute timers assure long shushing sessions can get even the most resistant babies to sleep. Baby Shusher can be placed on the changing table to help with fussy babies
- Adjustable volume control helps your baby get to sleep without keeping everyone else awake. The device is one of the essential crib accessories to ensure a quiet house for the whole family
- Portable, easy-to-use design, and removable wrist strap gives you the option to carry your baby while putting them to sleep, and comes with 2 AA batteries so you can put your sleep aid to work
Baby Shusher is the award winning sleep aid device with awards such as: Mom's Choice Award, Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA), OHbaby! 2018 Gold Award Winner, BabyList's 2019 Best Product Award
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Pattern Print
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- Super soft, Our muslin burp cloths is made of first class cotton, super soft, very comfortable to touch, like touching the cakes
- Absorbent, our burp cloths is really absorbent, it can absorb liquid in seconds
- Quick dry, the muslin burp cloths is quick dry, 50% quicker than normal cloths
- Pre washed, the muslin burp cloths is pre washed, has folds, which helps making the cloths softer and less shrinkage. Flattened before hanging preferred
- Very healthy, the muslin burp cloths can be quicker dry than normal cloths, and air can flow more freely among layers, very healthy to use, especially for babies
- ?? STYLISH DESIGN: Our baby blankets are loved by both babies and parents. Our Soft Blankets have vibrant bold color and pattern which maintain their color withstanding multiple washes.
- ?? Cuddles & Cribs 2 Pack Receiving Blankets are made of super soft 100% Cotton flannel for the softest touch on your baby's gentle skin. Our baby blanket is generously sized at 30 x 30 inches which makes these swaddle blankets perfect for cuddling, burping, and nursing. Each set comes with 4 soft blankets and carries a very unique & unified theme.
- ?? BABY SKIN FRIENDLY: These Receiving baby blanket are breathable and comfortable on your child’s skin, each pack comes with 4 exciting patterns. Our Blankets for newborn babies are made in OKEO-TEX Standard 100 factory. It ensures that our soft baby blankets are environmentally-friendly and not harmful.
- ?? MULTIPLE USES: These receiving blankets are so versatile, whether used as a baby boy swaddle or blankets for baby girl our nursery swaddling blankets are multifaceted. Our baby bear swaddle blankets can be used as burp cloths, playtime blankets, nursing covers or stroller cover, the uses are endless. Our Flannel blanket is excellent gift for baby boy, baby girl, baby registry, Thanksgiving & Christmas.
- ?? CARE INSTRUCTIONS: These receiving blankets can be machine washed, use non-chlorine bleach if needed, and tumble dry.
- #1 BRAND INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR SAFETY: From BreathableBaby, the original, patented breathable mesh liner with millions sold since 2002. Independently tested for safety by a 3rd party CPSC-accepted accredited laboratory.
- HELPS PREVENT ENTRAPMENT: Unlike padded crib bumpers, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside the crib without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep. Not to mention, they keep pacifiers inside and within reach! Choose from three levels of protection to meet individual needs: Essential AirflowBaby (basic function), Classic (optimal function) and Deluxe (fashion + function).
- ESSENTIAL AIRFLOW MESH WITH MICROFIBER TRIM: Constructed from a single-layer of Airflow Mesh (2 mm thick) for basic function. Light blocking rating of >60%. Made of 100% polyester mesh exclusive of decoration. 0.75”H (1.9 cm) microfiber trim along top and bottom edges. Attaches with both ties and hook and loop for extra security. Contains no harmful chemicals, flame retardants or formaldehyde.
- FITS FULL-SIZE FOUR-SIDED SLATTED AND SOLID BACK CRIBS: 1 long panel 9”H x 111”L (23 cm x 282 cm) and 1 short panel 9”H x 82”L (23 cm x 208 cm). Designed with our exclusive No-Gap-Wrap to ensure maximum coverage and no gaps on full-size four-sided slatted and solid back cribs. Does not fit cribs with attached changing tables. Portable/mini and solid end styles sold separately.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Smartly adjusts to fit. See installation instructions and video – or contact customer service for guided installation. Must be taut when installed with bottom edge 1” below the top of the mattresses. If not taut, try a Deluxe mesh liner, which have stiffer meshes and fit some cribs styles better.
- Sleep in Comfort – this topper is designed just like the memory foam toppers on adult beds to provide contouring comfort that’s soft and soothing on tiny bodies and reduces tossing and turning so your little one can get a better night sleep - and you can too!
- Waterproof Cover – comes with a top-quality, hypoallergenic cover that’s both waterproof and washable so you can rest easy knowing your topper is protected from spills and other nighttime accidents.
- Quality that Lasts - constructed of 2-inch-thick, luxurious, 100% memory foam with a premium 2.5 lb. density so your topper can last for years without losing shape. Aerating holes are carefully added to each topper to increase ventilation while your child sleeps.
- Safety First – foam topper is Certipur-US certified for your child’s safety and the included cover is hypoallergenic, so you can rest in the knowledge that you are providing a comfortable and safe sleep environment for your child.
- More Details – soft topper is not intended for babies. Consult with physician for safety recommendations. Topper measures. 52" x 27" x 2". Please allow 24 to 48 hours for foam to expand after opening.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib overstock for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!