Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib ikea for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib ikea Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Ikea LEN Crib Pillow, White
- Recommended for children 12 months and older.
- 14-by-22 inch
- Machine Washable. Tumble dry normal. Do not bleach
- Fabric: 65 % polyester, 35 % cotton Filling material: Hollow polyester fibers
- Reaching out for toys stimulates a baby's development of hand-eye coordination. Sharp contrasts that are easy for a baby to see.
- Dimensions of the product: Width: 21 ¾ " Height: 17 "
- Movement and sharp contrasts stimulate the baby's eyesight.
- Recommended for ages 0-18 months. Adult Assembly required.
- For the safety of your child, never use this product in a crib.
- Added Sleep: SNOO Sleeper boosts sleep 1-2+ hours per night, so parents get more sleep than with other baby cribs or smart furniture. Our moving sleeper bassinet soothes babies with the constant rumbly sound and gentle rocking motion they loved in the womb.
- Automatically Responds To Cries: SNOO detects fussing and the self-rocking bassinet responds with gradually stronger white noise + motion to calm crying. Your own essential personal helper, 24/7!
- Prevents Risky Rolling: The only bassinet, sleeper, or bed that keeps your baby safely on the back, the #1 safe sleep guideline recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Comes with 3 hip-safe sleep sack swaddles.
- Easy To Customize: Our smart app logs sleep and naps, and lets you adjust bassinet’s motion, sound, and cry sensitivity. Includes preemie mode and weaning option for the best transition to the crib.
- 30-Day, No Risk Trial: If you’re not 100% satisfied, return your SNOO within 30 days of receipt and we'll give you a full refund and pay for return shipping, too!
- PLAYFUL STATEMENT DESIGN: The joyful Lolly highlights the natural beauty of New Zealand pine wood with contrast styling and playful accents. Complete your modern nursery with the Lolly 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Lolly has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY & ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Lolly transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe which exceeds ASTM International and U.S. CPSC safety standards.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. Our hidden hardware ensures a clean look with no visible screws or bolts seen on the furniture exterior.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTIBILITY: The Carson Classic keeps pace with your child’s changing needs! It converts from a crib into a toddler bed and daybed (conversion kit sold separately), perfect for those early growing years.
- FUNCTIONAL FEATURES: With 4 mattress height positions, the Carson Classic can be adjusted according to the age of your baby. It comes with a teething rail and also has dual hooded, safety locking wheels for easy mobility in those early years.
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Built of renewable, sustainable & durable New Zealand pinewood, the Carson Classic’s design is a mix of straight and curved lines that blend beautifully with any room decor. Available in stylish finishes to fit any nursery.
- SAFETY FIRST: Comes with a stationary (non-drop side) rail design for added security. Tested by 3rd party labs for lead/other toxic elements to meet/exceed CPSC/ASTM safety standards.
- KEY SPECS: The Carson Classic measures 54L x 31W x 40H inches and the maximum weight capacity is 50 lbs. For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, Greenguard certified mattress
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from baby crib (mattress sold separately) to toddler bed (not compatible with toddler guardrail), daybed, and full-size bed with headboard & optional footboard (conversion kit sold separately); Assembly required
- ADAPTS TO YOUR GROWING BABY: Adjustable mattress support base with 3 different height options; Designed to fit any standard full-size crib & toddler mattress; This baby crib may be used until your child can easily climb out or is taller than 35in (89cm)
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED, JPMA CERTIFIED: GREENGUARD Gold Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air; Expert tested to meet or exceed all applicable category voluntary and mandatory safety standards
- QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP: Crafted with sustainable New Zealand pine wood, engineered wood, and wood composites; Packaging tested to reduce the risk of incidental damage that could occur during shipment; Backed 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- AWARD-WINNING BRAND: Exclusively from Graco, proud recipient of the 2022 Women’s Choice Award for 9 out of 10 Customer Recommended Baby & Kids Furniture and Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Seal of Approval for nursery and children’s furniture
- INSPIRED BY THE EAST COAST FALL SEASON - The Waverly 5-in-1 Convertible Crib draws inspiration from the changing colors of autumn and features a lodge panel headboard design with warm wood elements. Crafted out of kiln-dried hardwood with fine veneers.
- 5-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY - The Waverly converts to a toddler bed with our conversion kit (sold separately) and daybed. Add our wooden bed frame (sold separately) to convert it into a full-size bed. It also features 3 mattress height settings.
- TIMELESS FINISHES - The Waverly is available in 2 contemporary finishes - Rustic Grey and Weathered White. With a gender-neutral form, the Waverly is perfect for a boy or girl nursery.
- SAFETY FIRST - Our cribs are built to the highest safety standards that meet/exceed those set by the CPSC, JPMA, and ASTM. Each of our cribs undergoes rigorous testing by independent laboratories for compliance with all US and Canadian crib regulations.
- A LIFETIME INVESTMENT - Pick coordinating pieces from our Evolur Waverly Collection like the Double Dresser, Tall Chest, Nightstand, and Hutch to create a timeless nursery. Crib dimensions are 58.75inch L x 31.25inch W x 46.5inch H and weighs 79 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib ikea for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!