Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib for travel to europe for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib for travel to europe Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- US to Europe Plug Adapter: Compatible in most European countries such as Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Hungary,Portugal, Poland, Netherlands,Spain, Turkey, Italy; More country list can be checked in description; Note: not work in UK/Ireland/Scotland
- 3 in 1 Inputs European Plug Adapter: This adapters for European outlets accept the standard N American 2 or 3 prong flat pin plug, max capacity up to 2500 watt (max 250 Volt, 10 A); Dual USB ports can charge up to 2.4A, ideal for cell phone, tablet, power bank ect; No need to carry extra adapter and power strip for your traveling, a small US to Europe plug adapter can save your suitcase space
- Compact Size and Indicator: This european plug adapter is mini and suitable for travel or cruise ship; Indicator can let you know the Europe power adapter is on/off
- Suitable for Any Occasions: TESSAN european adapter is small size and suitable for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and college dorm room
- Note: This is not a voltage converter; This type c plug adapter is only compatible for 100V to 250V wide voltage device, especially your hair dryer, straightener, electric toothbrush or razor need to support 100V to 250V dual voltage, otherwise you may need a voltage converter
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- 20-count of individually wrapped pre-moistened Neutrogena Makeup Remover Face Wipe Singles. Individually wrapped facial cleansing towelettes are protected so you always have a fresh and effective wipe for complete cleansing and makeup removal
- Makeup remover facial cleansing towelettes work to dissolve all traces of dirt, removes bacteria, impurities, oil and makeup on skin while also removing pollution, sweat and sunscreen, for superior cleansing and makeup removing power at your fingertips
- Facial cleansing wet wipes are ophthalmologist-, dermatologist-, and allergy-tested and gentle on the eyes. The effective formula removes up to 99% of makeup--even stubborn waterproof mascara--without tugging
- Our Clean Promise to you and the Planet. These facial cleansing wipes are made with 100% plant-based fibers, biodegrade in 35 days in home compost, and are formulated without phthalates, parabens, sulfates, alcohols, soaps, or dyes
- Single-use wipes are disposable and thoroughly cleanse skin gently and leave behind no heavy residue, so there's no need to rinse. Plus, they're great to use in a daily beauty or skincare routine for a refreshing self-care experience anywhere
- Do you love to travel? Are you tired of fumbling inside your luggage and unpacking everything to look for an item the same old way? Concerned you will leave expensive items in the hotel? Use packing cubes to sort, organize and find your things in a flash. Say goodbye to all your travel woes!
- These cubes are 26% thicker. We‘ve tested the other packing cubes on the market for thickness and durability. Compared to their 230D nylon or different polyester fabrics, we construct our packing cubes with 290D nylon fabrics - much thicker and more resistant, allowing you to use them every day.
- Waterproof fabric – another benefit of our packing cubes: they will prevent your items from getting wet. These packing cubes keep your stuff dry even if your suitcase or backpack gets wet.
- An exclusive, innovative design. Eva is a new, environmentally friendly, packaging material that is waterproof, sturdy and recyclable. We even stamp a unique logo on each cube to identify what is inside - saving you time to locate what you are looking for in seconds!
- Suitable for every occasion. These packing cubes can help to reduce clothing wrinkles by preventing movement inside the suitcase. Imagine 1 piece of luggage for every item, or use one packing cube per group and compress them all in one bag. Ideal for family vacations, business trips, outdoor camping, and daily storage.
- US to Europe Plug Adapter: Compatible with China, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Iceland, Italy, Austria, Finland, and more(Tips: Some Europe countries may need Type G adapter, such as UK,Ireland, Scotland, please check before travel)
- Wall Charger with Phone Holder: TESSAN European power adapter has a phone holder on the top to place your phone while charging; This european electrical adapter has no surge protector and no cords, can be taken aboard cruise ship
- 4 in 1 Input European Plug Adapter: Max capacity up to 2500 Watt; Dual USB plug charges up to 2.4A; Ideal for phones, Laptops, Tablet and more, charger up to 4 devices simultaneously, suitable for the traveler, businessman and students abroad
- Please Note: This is not a voltage converter, Italy power adapter is only compatible for wide voltage device, Your hair dryer, straightener, electric toothbrush or razor must to support dual voltage(100V to 250V), or you may need a voltage converter
- Suitable for Any Occasions: TESSAN travel adapter is small size and suitable for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and college dorm room
- Educational yet fun Travel World Map for kids - Let your children discover the world with our jungle Animal World Map, notable animals and landmarks are represented on each of the continents, it is a great educational tool. Perfect gift for your children!
- Play and learn - Quick, what animals live in Antarctica? Asia? South America? Africa? Europe? Oceans?Take a trip around the world and learn more about famous buildings with the landmarks stickers. It gives your home a fresh look and creates a relaxing atmosphere.
- Add colors without paint. Bring so much love, life, memory and happiness, get many compliments.
- Size: Comes 2 sheets of 40in(h) x 13.7in(w) sticker. Easy to apply, Peel and Stick. Decals better than wallpaper, painting & art murals.
- Works well on Any Smooth, Clean & Dry surface. Removable and Repositionable without Leaving Marks, Sticky Residue. Great for rental property.
- PACK-IT SPECTER STARTER SET - Designed to help organize your suitcase contents; travel with the assurance that you know where everything is when on the go
- STAY TIDY & ORGANIZED - The folder fits in most carry-on luggage and helps compress 8-12 dress shirts or slacks, minimizing wrinkles; Folder Dimensions: 17 x 12 in | 15 oz
- SIMPLIFY SUITCASE LIVING - Pack your clothes and essentials in packing cubes to compartmentalize clothing and travel accessories; Bags designed with a mesh top for visibility and breathability
- EAGLE CREEK PACK-IT SYSTEM - Folder 17 x 12" | Full Cube 14 x 10 x 3" | Half Cube 10 x 7 x 3"
- NO MATTER WHAT WARRANTY - Eagle Creek's Lifetime Warranty, plus the added insurance of repair or replacement due to product failure during the product lifetime, regardless of the cause
- WASHING FACE MASK: No more waiting for a full load of laundry to wash your fabric masks. Quickly, safely, and easily wash face masks right from the convenience of your sink, bathtub, or while camping and traveling
- PREMEASURED + EASY TO USE: Simply add 1 packet to wash 2-3 garments in a sink, or 3-4 packets for a resort sized stacking washer. Can also be used in sinks, bathtubs, collapsible basins, or washing machines
- ALL FABRIC TYPES: SinkSuds is safe enough for all water temperatures and fabrics and will not shrink, stretch, or fade clothing; it’s even gentle enough for use with delicates or baby clothing!
- TSA COMPLIANT: Meets the 3-1-1 TSA guidelines for carry-ons, and easily fits in your backpack, gym bag, duffel, purse or diaper bag. Perfect for vacation, business trips, cruises, backpacking adventures, international or domestic travel, or any extended hotel stay, etc.
- INCLUDES: 8 - 0.25 fl oz sink packets of SinkSuds; phosphate free and biodegradable
- 4-IN-1 EU POWER ADAPTER-- The European travel plug adapter turns one European Type C socket into 2 standard American outlets & 2 USB charging ports, Max Capacity Up to 3750 Watt (max 250 Volt, 15 A); 2 USB Ports can charge up to 2.4A, allowing you charge 4 devices simultaneously. ideal for Cell Phone, Laptops, Camera, Power Bank ect;
- US to EUROPE TRAVEL PLUG ADAPTER-- Compatible with most European countries such as Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Spain, Turkey, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Switzerland, Amsterdam. More country list can be checked in description. ( NOTE: NOT WORK in UK/Ireland/Scotland)
- ULTRA LIGHT and COMPACT DESIGN-- This international power adapter is mini size: 2.8*2.6*2.3 in. It will be a great travel companion during EU trips and easy to use. Enjoy your travel time. Led indicator can let you know the power is on/off.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE-- Certified by CE and FCC to ensure the quality, high quality Internal metal interfaces offer good conductivity and this european power adapter have 12-month warranty and friendly customer service. Any problem with it, please contact us.
- IMPORTANT NOTES-- This is NOT A CONVERTER. This plug adapter is only compatible for 110V-250V wide voltage device, If you want to use your hair dryer, straightener, electric toothbrush or razor, they MUST support 110V-250V Dual Voltage, otherwise you may need a power voltage converter.
- European Adapter Type C Plug: Compatible in most European countries such as Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, Germany,Greece, Hungary,Portugal, Poland, Netherlands,Spain, Turkey, Iceland, Italy. More country list can be checked in description; Note: not work in UK/Ireland/Scotland
- 3 in 1 Inputs Wall Adapters for Europe: This Europe power adapter accepts the standard N American 2 or 3 prong flat pin plug, max capacity up to 2500 watt (max 250 Volt, 10 A); Dual USB ports can charge up to 2.4A, ideal for cell phone, tablet, power bank and other electrical chargers; No need to carry extra adapter and power strip for your traveling, a small US to Europe plug adapter can save your suitcase space
- Compact Size and Indicator: This International power adapter is mini and good for travel; Indicator can let you know the power of this European travel plug adapter is on/off
- Suitable for Any Occasions: TESSAN adapters for European outlets is small size and suitable for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and college dorm room
- Note: This is not a voltage converter; This power adapter US to Europe is only compatible for 100V to 250V wide voltage device, especially your hair dryer, straightener, electric toothbrush or razor need to support 100V to 250V dual voltage, otherwise you may need a power voltage converter
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib for travel to europe for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!