Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib for newborn for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib for newborn Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 👶5 IN 1 PACK N PLAY BABY PLAYARD : ❤️Some Need to Notice When Assembly/disassembly : ROTATE THE CENTER KNOB 90° COUNTERCLOCKWISE.Keep the center structure standing up throughout the assembly process, as well as disassembling this crib.Our multifunctional baby crib has several modes to use: baby bedside sleeper, travel crib, baby cradle for 0-3 years old, and playpen for 0-6 years old, which can accompany your kids' growth.
- 👶SAFE BEDSIDE BASSINET:Co-sleeping position is available by adjusting lowering bars on both sides to 3 levels. Place the bassinet bed right up against to your bed and lock the wheels, then you can easily take care of or feed your baby. Safety Strap could keep your baby really close and your can take good care of them.
- 👶STABLE & SAFE SIDE BED: 7-point supporting structure on the bottom comes with more steadiness. And the sturdy frame is made of iron tubes, which supports up to 33 lbs. Equipped with brakes, two moving wheels provide smooth movement while also improving overall stability and safety. Four round corners avoids bumping and scratching. Mesh cloth also provides better visibility to observe baby.
- 👶TOOL - FREE FAST INSTALL : Quick and convenient installation. No additional tools and No wrench screwdriver are required. It can be easily installed in just 4 steps 3 minutes. Mommy can also build an exclusive space for her baby boy or girl. We also provide clear instructions for you, Nobody are confused with installations.
- 👶FOLDING & DETACHABLE DESIGN : Bassinet bed can be easily removed from the baby playard. And the basic playpen can be quickly folded within 4 steps. An Oxford bag(travel bag) is convenient for storage and transport, serving to offer a comfortable place for babies anywhere while you’re traveling and visiting.
- Added Sleep: SNOO Sleeper boosts sleep 1-2+ hours per night, so parents get more sleep than with other baby cribs or smart furniture. Our moving sleeper bassinet soothes babies with the constant rumbly sound and gentle rocking motion they loved in the womb.
- Automatically Responds To Cries: SNOO detects fussing and the self-rocking bassinet responds with gradually stronger white noise + motion to calm crying. Your own essential personal helper, 24/7!
- Prevents Risky Rolling: The only bassinet, sleeper, or bed that keeps your baby safely on the back, the #1 safe sleep guideline recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Comes with 3 hip-safe sleep sack swaddles.
- Easy To Customize: Our smart app logs sleep and naps, and lets you adjust bassinet’s motion, sound, and cry sensitivity. Includes preemie mode and weaning option for the best transition to the crib.
- 30-Day, No Risk Trial: If you’re not 100% satisfied, return your SNOO within 30 days of receipt and we'll give you a full refund and pay for return shipping, too!
- CLASSICAL DESIGN - We upgrade the leg to beech material, create a classical appearance and contemporary aesthetic.
- AIR MESH SIDEWALLS - The open mesh sides allow more breathable comfort and visibility while providing baby with her/his own private sleeping area.
- WASHABLE - Removable Sheet and Detachable Side Fabric can be washed in the washing machine, give baby a clean and comfortable space to rest.
- EASY TO SETUP & MOVE - No tools required, you'll be fine on your own to assemble our baby bassinets in a few minutes and it is equipped with smooth wheels to move the bassinet from the kitchen to living room, bedroom conveniently.
- REMOVABLE CANOPY WITH TOYS - With 3 free adorable plush toys overhead help encourage sensory development
- LONG LASTING - Made of New Zealand pinewood, the Aden 4-in-1 Convertible Mini Crib is both durable and stylish. A clean design and small footprint allow it to fit into any nursery theme. All tools for assembly are included
- 4-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY OPTIONS - The Aden grows along with your child. You can convert the crib into a mini daybed and a twin size bed and it has a convenient 3-position mattress support system(Twin Size Rail and Bed frame sold separately)
- YOUR SAFETY MATTERS - The Aden 4-in-1 is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC and ASTM. All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- SMALL WONDER - Compact dimensions mean the Aden occupies a small footprint. But internally it is very spacious, making it ideal for small nurseries, co-sharing or when you have multiple kids to tend to
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Aden measures 39”Lx28"Wx37”H. For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me, non-toxic.
- Unlike many other seemingly similar products the BabyWombWorld Baby Bedside Sleeper has an absolute focus on SAFETY, QUALITY and level of SECURENESS. Adhering to international safety standards our Bedside Sleeper provides new parents with the opportunity to gain the greatest pleasure out of their FULL PARENTING EXPERIENCE content in the knowledge that their precious child will be sleeping sleep SAFE and SECURE in a STABLE, STURDY Bassinet Crib which has NO ENTRAPMENT and NO SUFFOCATION HAZARDS.
- Meeting the STRICTLY RECOMMENDED SAFETY STANDARDS the DEPTH of our BabyWombWorld Baby Bassinet is 300 mm (Minimum needs to be 250 mm), thereby ensuring that your baby is safely protected. Having both UPPER and LOWERSLEEPING LEVELS the VERSATILE HEIGHT ADJUSTABILITY then caters for the needs of your quickly growing child Once your toddler becomes more active the BabyWombWorld bedside sleeper also quickly converts to a safe, secure and EASILY ACCESSIBLE PLAY PEN for your your toddler.
- No more waking up at all hours of the night. This PORTABLE and LIGHTWEIGHT BabyWombWorld Baby Bed means that active parents can take their child’s bed wherever they go. This gives baby that special feeling of CONTINUITY and FAMILIARITY, making a direct contribution in ensuring SOUND SLEEP PATTERNS for your little one.
- The BabyWomb Bedside Sleeper is the ONLY BED THAT YOU WILL EVER NEED before your child moves into a normal adult bed. The ACCESSIBILITY OF YOUR BABY during the night makes regular feeding easy and event free when the side of your bassinet is down. As your baby grows the side of the cot is raised. The next EASY TRANSITION is when your child becomes a little more active and needs the security of a deeper cot environment.
- Gracing any room, the QUALITY FABRIC and TIMELESS DESIGN of this beautiful and STURDY Bedside Sleeper provides parents with this ESSENTIAL BABY ACCESSORY that is needed for sound, undisturbed and peaceful sleep for all.
- 【MATERIAL】- High Quality PU Leather Upper Material,Cotton Lining, Super Soft and Comfortable.These Cute Sneakers,Suitable for Toddlers. They are Very Lightweight and Comfortable, Flexible,Unisex Baby Shoes Which Can Support Natural Foot Movement.
- 【SOFT】- Soft,Comfort,Breathable, Have Flexible Laces,Lightweight insole and Anti-Slip Cotton Sole is Good for Baby’s Feet Feel The Ground Naturally,Perfect for Learning Walk.Available for 0-18 Months Baby.
- 【EASY WEAR】- EASY ON, EASY OFF. Adjustable Lace-Up With Ankle Support Makes Our Moccasin Quick to Put on, Take Off, and Most Importantly, Stay On Your Child's Feet, Won't be Kicked Out by The Baby.
- 【OCCASION】- These Cute High-Top Sneakers Suit for Any Occasions and With Any Outfit,Such as Walking,Crawl,Playing. Indoors or Outdoors,Daily Life. Best Shower Gift for Newborn.
- 【GUARANTEE】 - 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed Zero Hassle Returns - Return Your Shoes for Any Reason.
- INSPIRED BY THE SOUTHWEST - Earthy and elegant, the Santa Fe 5-in-1 Convertible Crib features a full panel headboard, subtle dentil molding, gentle arch accents, and imperial feet; The crib is crafted out of kiln-dried hardwood with fine veneers
- 5-in-1 CONVERTIBILITY - The Santa Fe converts to a toddler bed with our conversion kit (sold separately) and daybed; Add our wooden bed frame (sold separately) to convert it into a full-size bed; It also features 3 mattress height settings
- TIMELESS FINISHES - The Santa Fe is available in three classy finishes - a warm Antique Brown finish and contemporary Antique Mist and Storm Gray finishes; Along with the Santa Fe's gender-neutral form, they are perfect for a boy or girl nursery
- SAFETY FIRST - Our cribs are built to the highest safety standards that meet/exceed those set by the CPSC, JPMA, and ASTM. Each of our cribs undergoes rigorous testing by independent laboratories for compliance with all US and Canadian crib regulations
- A LIFETIME INVESTMENT - Pick coordinating pieces from our Evolur Santa Fe Collection like the Double Dresser, Tall Chest, Nightstand, and Hutch to create a timeless nursery; Crib dimensions are 56.75″ L x 31.25″ W x 47.00″ H and weighs 70.5 lbs
- 【Two Modes】can be used as a standalone bassinet, and as a bedside sleeper, attached to an adult bed. The two-side mesh allows parents to clearly observe the baby's state in the bassinet at any time, ensure air convection. Equipped with universal wheels can let you move the bassinet from the bedroom to the living room, kitchen, or anywhere in the home conveniently.
- 【Quick and Easy Installation】No tools needed while assembly, can be completed in 3 minutes. This bedside crib is constructed from a high-strength aluminum frame, solid structure, and stable bottom supported to ensure that it will not tilt to one side.
- 【Adjustable Height and Feet】6 height positions to suit any size of parents' bed, retractable feet let bedside sleeper get closer to the adult bed. Simultaneously the universal wheel is equipped with a brake, which can be fixed to the bed by pulling it down.
- 【Breathable Mesh and Easy to Clean】High-fiber fabric outside is very wearable which can extend its service life, soft skin-friendly fabric and mattress inside, care for baby's delicate skin. The mattress cover and all crib fabrics are easy to remove and clean, creating a clean environment for the baby.
- 【More detailed design】There is a large storage bag under the bassinet that fits baby essentials like diapers, wipes, clothes. Lightweight design, with carry bag, easy to carry, and perfect for travel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib for newborn for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!