Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib for boys for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib for boys Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBILITY: The graceful Chelsea keeps pace with your child, converting into a comfortable toddler bed, daybed and full size bed as your child grows (toddler guardrail, stabilizer, full size rail and bed frame sold separately)
- GROWS WITH YOUR BABY: With 4 mattress height positions, the Chelsea can be adjusted according to the age of your baby. Set the steel platform at the highest position for your newborn and lower it as your baby starts to pull up to a standing position
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Built of renewable, sustainable and sturdy New Zealand pinewood, the Chelsea’s sleigh design in 6 finishes suits several nursery themes. Its flowing silhouette is offset with straight lines; A low to floor design allows easy access to baby
- SAFETY FIRST: The crib has stationary sides for added security. All our cribs are JPMA Certified to meet/exceed CPSC/ASTM safety standards. Our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead/other toxic elements to meet/exceed CPSC/ASTM safety standards
- KEY SPECS: The Chelsea measures 53Lx29Wx38H inches and the maximum weight capacity is 50 lbs. For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mattress
- Removable full size bassinet
- Handy diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
- Easy to move with locking wheels
- Easy compact fold
- SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS - This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB - A lifetime investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily converting from a crib into a toddler, day and full-size bed; Toddler guardrail, stabilizer and full-size rail sold separately; Features 3 mattress height settings
- 13 ATTRACTIVE FINISHES - Bring your nursery dreams to life with the Synergy; Whether you are thinking of creating an ocean-themed nursery, a whimsical mermaid themed nursery or a minimalist modern nursery, the Synergy gives wings to your imagination
- OUR CRIBS ARE BUILT TO LAST - Constructed out of solid reclaimed New Zealand Pine wood, the Synergy is a durable crib that will last you a lifetime; With a classic design, this crib offers your little one a sleeping space that will never go out of style
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Synergy 5-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard full size crib and measures 53.0" L x 29.0" W x 39.0" H inches; For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mattress
- Any Mattress used in this crib should be at least 27 ¼” by 51 5/8”, with a thickness not exceeding 6” | Mattress not included
- Crib assembled dimensions – 34.25” D x 54.25” W x 42.25” H | Floor to Mattress Support base at the 3 positions (Lowest to Highest) – 9.5” / 13.25” / 17”
- Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you will spend plenty of Mommy and me / Daddy and me time
- Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard & footboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- CONVERTIBILITY OPTIONS: The Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer grows along with your child. Starting as a crib, you can convert it into a mini daybed and twin-size bed (bed rails sold separately)! Its compact size makes it ideal for small spaces
- GRACEFUL DESIGN: Built of New Zealand pinewood, it boasts minimalist design features- gentle, smooth arches & sturdy spade feet. It is available in 6 beautiful finishes allowing you to mix and match with any nursery theme!
- FEATURE-HEAVY CHANGING TABLE: The Jayden comes with a detachable 3-drawer changing table, equipped with a changing pad and restraining strap with an easy release buckle to keep your baby safely secured. Keep baby essentials handy and neatly organized in the 3 roomy drawers
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - Comes with 1" OEM Mattress pad. For additional aftermarket mattress purchase, we recommend any Dream On Me, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mini crib mattress.To clean surface use only water on a damp cloth
- PRIORITIZING SAFETY: All Dream On Me cribs meet/exceed applicable ASTM & CPSC standards Product dimensions are 56.75Lx29Wx41H inches Max weight limit 50 lbs All tools/assembly instructions included
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 👶5 IN 1 PACK N PLAY BABY PLAYARD : ❤️Some Need to Notice When Assembly/disassembly : ROTATE THE CENTER KNOB 90° COUNTERCLOCKWISE.Keep the center structure standing up throughout the assembly process, as well as disassembling this crib.Our multifunctional baby crib has several modes to use: baby bedside sleeper, travel crib, baby cradle for 0-3 years old, and playpen for 0-6 years old, which can accompany your kids' growth.
- 👶SAFE BEDSIDE BASSINET:Co-sleeping position is available by adjusting lowering bars on both sides to 3 levels. Place the bassinet bed right up against to your bed and lock the wheels, then you can easily take care of or feed your baby. Safety Strap could keep your baby really close and your can take good care of them.
- 👶STABLE & SAFE SIDE BED: 7-point supporting structure on the bottom comes with more steadiness. And the sturdy frame is made of iron tubes, which supports up to 33 lbs. Equipped with brakes, two moving wheels provide smooth movement while also improving overall stability and safety. Four round corners avoids bumping and scratching. Mesh cloth also provides better visibility to observe baby.
- 👶TOOL - FREE FAST INSTALL : Quick and convenient installation. No additional tools and No wrench screwdriver are required. It can be easily installed in just 4 steps 3 minutes. Mommy can also build an exclusive space for her baby boy or girl. We also provide clear instructions for you, Nobody are confused with installations.
- 👶FOLDING & DETACHABLE DESIGN : Bassinet bed can be easily removed from the baby playard. And the basic playpen can be quickly folded within 4 steps. An Oxford bag(travel bag) is convenient for storage and transport, serving to offer a comfortable place for babies anywhere while you’re traveling and visiting.
- Convertibility options: The Jayden 4-in-1 Mini Convertible Crib and Changer grows along with your child. Starting as a crib, you can convert it into a mini daybed and twin-size bed (bed rails sold separately). Its compact size makes it ideal for small spaces
- Graceful design: Built of New Zealand pinewood, it boasts minimalist design features- gentle, smooth arches and sturdy spade feet. It is available in 6 beautiful finishes allowing you to mix and match with any nursery theme
- Feature-heavy changing table: The Jayden comes with a detachable 3-drawer changing table, equipped with a changing pad and restraining strap with an easy release buckle to keep your baby safely secured. Keep baby essentials handy and neatly organized in the 3 roomy drawers
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - Comes with 1" OEM Mattress pad. For additional aftermarket mattress purchase, we recommend any Dream On Me, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mini crib mattress.
- Prioritizing safety: All Dream On Me cribs meet/exceed applicable ASTM and CPSC standards product dimensions are 56.75Lx29Wx41H inches Max weight limit 50 pounds. All tools/assembly instructions included
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed Rail included; Toddler Guardrail #0080 and Full Size Metal Bed Frame #0040 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand.Do not use abrasive chemicals
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time. Easy assembly
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM. Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 55.75 W x 30.25 D x 43.75 H Inches. Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately)
- Rock a bye bassinet comes equipped with a removable canopy and two plush sheep toys
- Electronic music center with vibration. Playard: Use only household soap or detergent and warm water
- 1-hand locking mechanism and storage bag for easy folding for storage and travel.Do not use bleach
- Safe-surround the changing table flips away when not in use
- Playard is designed for a child unable to climb out and less than 35" tall and 30 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib for boys for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!