Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib cnet review for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib cnet review Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-free & Gelatin-free: Each bottle of Goli contains 60 delicious, vegan, non-gmo, gluten-free & gelatin-free Apple Cider Vinegar gummies, which makes them suitable for almost any lifestyle.
- Made in the USA with locally and globally sourced ingredients. Goli Gummies are made in allergen-free, cGMP certified facilities in the United States with local and globally sourced ingredients to ensure that our products are reputable and of the highest quality standards.
- Patented Formula, Essential Vitamins, Great Taste: Our patented formula contains essential Vitamins B9 and B12 to help support cellular energy production, immune function, heart health, healthy nutrient metabolism, a healthy nervous system and overall health and wellbeing. Apple Cider Vinegar has traditionally been used for digestion, gut health and appetite. Our unique flavor profile combined with essential vitamins makes Goli ACV Gummies a delicious addition to your daily health routine.
- Vitamin Angels: Goli is a proud supporter of Vitamin Angels
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- #1 Pediatrician Recommended Baby Detergent
- Specially formulated for newborn babies
- Trusted by moms for over 80 years
- Recommended by Pampers.Measure with Cap. Use more for heavily soiled loads. Start washer, add detergent, then add clothes
- Small yet powerful speaker for streaming music and more. Get rich, room-filling sound with Play:1, and control it with the Sonos app.
- The compact design fits just about any space. Put it on your kitchen countertop, or tuck it away on your office bookshelf.
- Go from unboxing to listening in minutes with just 1 cord and step-by-step guidance in the Sonos app.
- Pair 2 Play: 1's in the same room for stereo separation and more detailed sound.
- Easily connect Sonos speakers in different rooms over Wi-Fi to create a home sound system that brings every room and everyone together.
- Removable full size bassinet
- Handy diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
- Easy to move with locking wheels
- Easy compact fold
- Includes Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Durable scrubber, Bath scrubber, and Kitchen scrubber
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Variety Pack makes it easy for you to tackle messes all around the house
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Durable scrubber is 4x Stronger with DURAFOAM Cleaning performance vs. the leading all-purpose bleach spray
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath with Febreze Freshness Lavender Scent erases 3X more soap scum vs. the leading all-purpose bleach spray cleaner.
- The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Kitchen scrubber with Dawn removes 3X more greasy kitchen messes per swipe than the leading all-purpose bleach spray cleaner
- For extra small dogs under 11 pounds: Single layer, all beef rawhide for easier digestion package contains approximately 30 or less chews per bag, chew size and thickness may vary
- Daily dental care: Features an exclusive Dual Enzyme System, plus an abrasive texture working with the dog's chewing action, these chews reduce plaque and tartar helping keep teeth clean and breath fresh, even on days when brushing isn’t possible
- Recommended use: To maximize effectiveness, give your dog at least 1 chew daily
- Dogs love it: Made from select beef hide, these chews control plaque and are basted with a great poultry flavor that dogs love
- VET recommended: Virbac Dental Chews are the Top Recommended dental brand by Veterinary professionals
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to suit parents' bed. Easy-open side panel for bedside mode.
- Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy room.
- Stable bottom supported and comfortable mattress with sleeping board.
- Suitable from Birth to 5-months/33lbs or until baby can pull themselves into an upright position.
- #1 BRAND INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR SAFETY: From BreathableBaby, the original, patented breathable mesh liner with millions sold since 2002. Independently tested for safety by a 3rd party CPSC-accepted accredited laboratory.
- HELPS PREVENT ENTRAPMENT: Unlike padded crib bumpers, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside the crib without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep. Not to mention, they keep pacifiers inside and within reach! Choose from three levels of protection to meet individual needs: Essential AirflowBaby (basic function), Classic (optimal function) and Deluxe (fashion + function).
- ESSENTIAL AIRFLOW MESH WITH MICROFIBER TRIM: Constructed from a single-layer of Airflow Mesh (2 mm thick) for basic function. Light blocking rating of >60%. Made of 100% polyester mesh exclusive of decoration. 0.75”H (1.9 cm) microfiber trim along top and bottom edges. Attaches with both ties and hook and loop for extra security. Contains no harmful chemicals, flame retardants or formaldehyde.
- FITS FULL-SIZE FOUR-SIDED SLATTED AND SOLID BACK CRIBS: 1 long panel 9”H x 111”L (23 cm x 282 cm) and 1 short panel 9”H x 82”L (23 cm x 208 cm). Designed with our exclusive No-Gap-Wrap to ensure maximum coverage and no gaps on full-size four-sided slatted and solid back cribs. Does not fit cribs with attached changing tables. Portable/mini and solid end styles sold separately.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Smartly adjusts to fit. See installation instructions and video – or contact customer service for guided installation. Must be taut when installed with bottom edge 1” below the top of the mattresses. If not taut, try a Deluxe mesh liner, which have stiffer meshes and fit some cribs styles better.
- THE MATTRESS THAT GROWS WITH THEM | Dual-Sided Baby Pad Features Ventilated, Breathable Dual Layers, Providing a Firm Surface for Newborns & Soft, Moldable Memory Foam Gel for Toddlers | Give Your Tot the Comfort, Safety & Support They Need for a Restful Night’s Sleep | Standard Crib Size 52”x27”x5.5”
- FIRM & FLAT FOR FRAGILE NEWBORNS | Create a Safe, Secure Crib Environment During Those Early Days! | Infant Side is Constructed of High Density Foam with Optimal Firmness, Ideal Thickness, Flat Surface & Stable Edges—Just What Babies Need to Support Their Growing Bones & Reduce Hazard as They Learn to Move
- PLUSH & MOLDABLE FOR TODDLERS | Flip Over the Mattress to Reveal a Soothing Memory Foam Layer That Contours to Your Growing Toddler’s Neck, Back, Legs & Body | Ultra Soft, Breathable, Cooling Gel Foam Material Supports Healthy Posture, Enhances Relaxation & Helps Diffuse Heat for All-Season Safety & Comfort
- EASY-CLEAN ORGANIC COTTON COVER | Our Reversible Toddler Mattress Set Includes a Waterproof Exterior Protector for Shielding the Mattress from Dirt, Dust, Liquid Spills & Nighttime Accidents | Eco-Friendly Hypoallergenic Organic Cotton Won’t Expose Your Baby to Harsh Chemicals or Irritants | Remove Via Zipper for Easy Machine Washing
- SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS | Rest Well Knowing All of Our Mattresses, Covers & Related Materials are CertiPUR-US Certified & Laboratory Tested for Maximum Safety Assurance | Free of Fiberglass | Give a Unique & Thoughtful Gift They Won’t Soon Outgrow! | Perfect for Boy & Girl Baby Showers, Toddler Birthday Parties, Nursery Gifts & More
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib cnet review for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!