Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib changet for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib changet Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- #1 BRAND INDEPENDENTLY TESTED FOR SAFETY: From BreathableBaby, the original, patented breathable mesh liner with millions sold since 2002. Independently tested for safety by a 3rd party CPSC-accepted accredited laboratory.
- HELPS PREVENT ENTRAPMENT: Unlike padded crib bumpers, our mesh liners keep little limbs safely inside the crib without the risk of restricted airflow. And, also provide a visual shield to help provide a more peaceful night’s sleep. Not to mention, they keep pacifiers inside and within reach! Choose from three levels of protection to meet individual needs: Essential AirflowBaby (basic function), Classic (optimal function) and Deluxe (fashion + function).
- ESSENTIAL AIRFLOW MESH WITH MICROFIBER TRIM: Constructed from a single-layer of Airflow Mesh (2 mm thick) for basic function. Light blocking rating of >60%. Made of 100% polyester mesh exclusive of decoration. 0.75”H (1.9 cm) microfiber trim along top and bottom edges. Attaches with both ties and hook and loop for extra security. Contains no harmful chemicals, flame retardants or formaldehyde.
- FITS FULL-SIZE FOUR-SIDED SLATTED AND SOLID BACK CRIBS: 1 long panel 9”H x 111”L (23 cm x 282 cm) and 1 short panel 9”H x 82”L (23 cm x 208 cm). Designed with our exclusive No-Gap-Wrap to ensure maximum coverage and no gaps on full-size four-sided slatted and solid back cribs. Does not fit cribs with attached changing tables. Portable/mini and solid end styles sold separately.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Smartly adjusts to fit. See installation instructions and video – or contact customer service for guided installation. Must be taut when installed with bottom edge 1” below the top of the mattresses. If not taut, try a Deluxe mesh liner, which have stiffer meshes and fit some cribs styles better.
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- 😍 UPDATED DESIGN! NOW WITH SILICONE PADS INSTEAD OF FELT FOR THE PERFECT HOLD. LOVELY WOODEN CRIB ARM ATTACHMENT - Made of Beechwood. A natural and lovely addition to any nursery!
- ❤ BEAUTY AND FUNCTION UNITE - Our crib mobile arm will compliment your nursery design. No more large plastic eyesores to take away from your lovely nursery!
- 👶 HEIRLOOM QUALITY, MINIMALIST DESIGN - Simple to take apart and store for future babies!
- ✔EASY INSTALLMENT - Its lightweight and high quality design makes it easy to assemble and to install in your baby's crib.
- ❎ ATTENTION: This crib arm works with MOST cribs. There must be bars and a flat surface for the wooden arm to attach to! CRIB MOBILE NOT INCLUDED!
- Package: 25 * Bolts, 25 * M6 Barrel Nuts , with one clear plastic storage box;
- Name: Furniture Bolts Barrel Nuts Kit;
- Include M6 x40mm, M6 x 50mm, M6 x60mm, M6 x 70mm, M6 x 80mm Furniture Bolt Hex Head;
- Usually used for baby bed, table, chair, crib, cot, or workbench, headboards, cabinets, cupboards, other furniture.
- FLEXIBLE FIT - Measures 52''x28'', designed specifically to fit standard crib. Deep pockets make sure the mattress cover universal fit mattress up to 6 inch thick.
- QUILTED AND SOFT FABRIC - Made of soft and breathable fabric which makes our crib mattress pad comfortable to touch, especially perfect for baby delicate skin. The quilted process increases air flow and helps regulate sleeping temperature.
- WATERPROOF FUNCTION - Our crib mattress sheet provides the perfect combination of cushioned comfort and complete waterproof protection to ensure a better night's sleep, it can fully protect moisture from baby’s skin faster and keep your mattress clean by absorbing spills, sweat and any liquids.There is no worry about those leaky bottle messes or potty training misses anymore!
- WASHABLE AND DURABLE - Our crib waterproof protector is easy to clean up after occasional night time accident. We use strong, reinforced threads, protected waterproof lining and top notch fibers to make this a soft but long-lasting cradle bedding sheet that will withstand hundreds of washing and drying cycles and will never shrink!
- MORE THAN A MATTRESS PAD: Besides being a toddler crib mattress cover, our waterproof cover is also an alternative to right-sized sofa covers for cushion couch, offering improved protection from daily wear and tear, spills and stains.
- Safe and comfortable - This baby bassinet can be used as a baby cradle or bedside sleeper attached to adult bed, mesh of two-side makes baby feel breathable and comfortable
- Adjustable - 5 height positions(min15'',max21'') suit for most adults' beds
- Safe design - This bedside sleeper meets all safety regulations on the assembly of side and horizontal cradle with clear instructions
- Easy to install - no tools are needed during installation
- Suitable from Birth to 12-months.if you are the mother /father of the new baby,looking for a cribs,please choose nordmiex baby sleeper;if you are the uncle/aunt/grandfather/grandmother of the newborn baby,looking for a baby gift for boys or girls,our baby crib is a nice choice
- SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS - This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB - A lifetime investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily converting from a crib into a toddler, day and full-size bed; Toddler guardrail, stabilizer and full-size rail sold separately; Features 3 mattress height settings
- 13 ATTRACTIVE FINISHES - Bring your nursery dreams to life with the Synergy; Whether you are thinking of creating an ocean-themed nursery, a whimsical mermaid themed nursery or a minimalist modern nursery, the Synergy gives wings to your imagination
- OUR CRIBS ARE BUILT TO LAST - Constructed out of solid reclaimed New Zealand Pine wood, the Synergy is a durable crib that will last you a lifetime; With a classic design, this crib offers your little one a sleeping space that will never go out of style
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Synergy 5-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard full size crib and measures 53.0" L x 29.0" W x 39.0" H inches; For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mattress
- 🌟【Double-Sided and Being Adjustable】The baby lounger cover has two sides pattern (One side is leaves pattern and the other side is solid gray) and you can switch between the two patterns inside and outside, giving you and your baby a good mood every day. Being adjustable - Simply loosen the cord at the end of the bumpers to make the size larger. The ends of the bumpers can be fully opened.
- 🌟【Portable Travel Needs】The size of the baby nest is about 31.5 x 19.6 inches and weighs only 3.5lbs（1.6kg）. The lightweight design and convenient handles make our in-bed bassinet a portable baby must-have. Package bag for easy transportation. It is an ideal travel need and a baby gift for moms and babies.
- 🌟【Perfect for co-sleeping】360 degree protective pad side guardrail design creates separate sleeping space for co-sleeping babies in the adult bed. Help your little one sleeps well better than ever before.
- 🌟【Machine Washable】There is a hidden zipper on the bottom of the baby nest, which can be used to disassemble the cushion and the lounger bumper in the fence for easy washing.
- 🌟【Best Service】Our team of professionals is constantly creating the best quality products for your family. We promise 45 days no reason refund and 12 months after-sale service. Click “BUY IT NOW” and ENJOY QUALITY OF OUR NEW INFANT LOUNGER!
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to suit parents' bed. Easy-open side panel for bedside mode.
- Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy room.
- Stable bottom supported and comfortable mattress with sleeping board.
- Suitable from Birth to 5-months/33lbs or until baby can pull themselves into an upright position.
- 【 HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL】The features of our material are not fade, shrink, pilling, and stain resistance. Fitted crib sheets silky soft and include all-around elastic for a safe and snug fit
- 【NON-SLIP SHEETS】Crib fitted sheet (28*52*8.5 in) with 360° elastic band around the bottom edge, to fix and protect the mattress
- 【EASY CARE】Simply toss everything in your washing machine, life will be less stressful for you. The lightweight fabric material is durable for washing and safe for the dryer, won't go out of shape after washing
- 【BASIC 3 PCS SET】The crib bedding set 3pcs is suitable for all standard crib (52 x 28 in).baby crib set includes crib quilt(33*42), 1 crib skirt( 28*52*10), 1 fitted crib sheet (28*52*8.5)
- 【BEST SHOWER GIFT】The giraffe crib set is the Best Baby Shower Gift for crib bedding sets for girls on Baby Showers Day, Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving day
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib changet for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!