Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby crib bedding for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby crib bedding Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- Dimensions: This bed set includes a 28 x 52 inch fitted crib sheet with 8 inch deep pockets, a 32 x 42 inch quilted comforter, and a dust ruffle skirt that measures 27 x 51 inches with a 16 inch drop.
- Pastel Butterfly and Floral Collection: This 3-piece crib sheet set provides the perfect finishing touch for any baby girl nursery. It features pastel butterflies playing with watercolour flowers on the reversible patchwork quilt.
- Ultra-Soft Fitted Sheet: With the cute butterflies and floral tossed in a whimsical pattern on this ultra-soft fitted crib sheet, it coordinates perfectly with the quilt and the girly crib skirt. The fitted sheet also includes all around elastic for a safe and snug fit.
- Hypoallergenic And Ultra Soft Materials: We wanted to ensure quality and comfort for your infant, so the sheet and skirt are made of a gentle yet durable hypoallergenic polyester while the cozy comforter is 100% polyester microfiber.
- Perfect Gift: This 3 pack nursery bedding set makes the perfect gift for any baby shower or new mom. It also makes the perfect gift for you & your future baby girl!
- [Crib Sets] - We prepared exquisite packaging, which makes the crib sets a very good Christmas gift and baby shower gift Include 1 pack fitted crib sheet,1 pack crib comforter and 1 pack soft toddler pillowcase.It also makes the perfect gift for our baby!
- [PERFECT FIT CRIB BED] - This crib sheet set for girls fits a standard size crib bed.The pillowcase fitted 13x18 Inch toddler pillow,the crib sheet fitted 52x28 Inch crib Mattress,and there is also a 33x42 Inch crib quilt in the bed set.
- [CUTE PINK PRINTED] - This pink baby girl nursery bedding set features ,Stars,Rainbow,Heart pattern girl nursery decor throughout the soft fabric for a safe and snug fit,brings the sweet dream of your favorite pink right into your little one nursery.
- [SOFT & BREATHABLE MATERIAL] - The fabrics in our fitted comforter bedding sets for girls have been carefully selected to be soft,comfortable,and breathable.Made of 100% extra-fine microfiber polyester fabric,and we also believe that UOMNY is providing baby bedding set products free from harmful chemicals.Our nursery bedding set will be the perfect selection for your little one.Great for nap,camping and travel.
- [UOMNY CUSTOMER SERVICE] - UOMNY is authorized by USA.Our crib bedding sets are selected carefully by our manufacture.We will provide you with quality service,if you have any issues or concerns with our products,our customer service team can be available to respond to your request within 24 hours.
- ♥♥ MATERIAL-The organic crib bedding set made of Cotton Blend is in line with OEKO-TEX I infant and child standards to care for . The comforter is warm, breathable, lightweight and ultra soft, comfier your baby all year's round.High quality material features fade, shrink, pilling and stains resistant. Printed fitted crib sheets silky soft and include all around elastic for a safe and snug fit, fit for standard crib & toddler bed.
- ♥♥VIVID DESIGN - the 4-piece crib set with the theme of flowers and butterflies brings the beauty of nature to life.Butterfly flying in purple background is dreamy and vivid.It is fun to open up the baby’s imagination in dreams and decorate the room. The hand--sewn stitches make the butterfly look more three-dimensional,baby will enjoy playing and sleeping on the bed with the gender purple crib kit.Babies will fall in love sleeping with the super soft nursery crib bedding set day and night.
- ♥♥ 4 PIECES & SIZE - The portable crib bedding set is perfect for any standard crib & toddler mattress (52 x 28 in).4-pcs crib comforter set includes : 1 crib comforter(33''×42''), 1 crib skirt(28''×52''+8''), 1 blanket, 1 fitted crib sheet with 360° elastic band around the bottom edge (28 ''×52''×10'').One buy to get all your needs for a cozy and stylish nursery room.
- ♥♥ HIGH QUALITY & BEST GIFT - Our natural crib bedding set will get softer, not fade and shrink after machine or hand washing. The animal crib set is Best Baby Shower Gift for crib bedding sets for boys and girls on Baby Showers Day,Birthday,Christmas,Thanksgiving day.
- ♥♥WASH - The last thing busy parents need are difficult things to wash, but this crib bedding set is not only easy to clean but machine washable. Simply toss everything else into the washer on the gentle cycle in cold water.
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Solid Color
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- This 3-piece bedding set includes one quilt, one fitted crib sheet, and one crib skirt
- The quilt features Simba made in a soft furry plush with an embroidered face
- The fitted crib sheet features Simba, Pumbaa, and Timon tossed on a white ground with paw prints, trees and the sun
- The crib skirt is a pretty two-toned chevron print and is eco-friendly
- Coordinates with the Disney Baby Bedding Lion King Adventure Nursery Accessories
- ★OEKO-TEX CERTIFIED - Made of Soft Microfiber. This product is Oeko-Tex Certified, meaning it has been tested and certified to be free from harmful chemicals which ensures the textiles meet high safety standards.
- ★This Cute 4- Piece Crib Bedding set includes: Crib Sheet(28x52”), Ruffle Crib Skirt(with a 15 inch drop), Blanket(35x45"), Diaper Stacker(22.5x12”).
- ★SAFE FIT: Measuring 28” x 52” with 14’’ drop, this crib bedding set fits perfectly on all standard cribs and most toddler beds. The 15’’ length is long enough to discreetly hide storage under the crib. Finished with 4 split corners to make placement around crib posts easy and make changing and washing stress free.
- ★EASY CARE: Machine washable on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry.
- ★PERFECT GIFT: This 4-pack nursery bedding set makes the perfect gift for any baby shower or new mom. It also makes the perfect gift for you & your future baby!
- The great outdoors is brought to life and is absolutely irresistible with this 3 piece collection including a baby quilt, fitted crib sheet, and crib dust ruffle
- The reversible crib comforter has a center panel combining deer, a bear, fox, and evergreen tree created from appliqued fabric and embroidery on the front and a green camouflage print on the back to match the dust ruffle
- The woodland animal themed baby sheet in outdoor hues of brown, green, and black features mountain silhouettes, trees, deer and bear throughout the soft fabric and includes all around elastic for a safe and snug fit. Fits a standard size crib mattress of 28x52
- 3 sided dust ruffle, with a grey chevron print and has a generous 10 inch drop and fits a standard crib mattress of 52 by 28 inches
- Your little one can dream of wilderness adventures with these new found friends
- Tiger Tales (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 22 Pages - 09/03/2019 (Publication Date) - Tiger Tales (Publisher)
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied crib per product instructions
- Assemble per product instructions
- Moving product after assembly is not included
- Cleanup work area. Take packaging to customer's bins unless customer declines
- This service does not include haul-away of products or trash
- ♥5 PCS SET: The Sweet Baba 5-PIECE crib bedding set is suitable for all standard crib (52 x 28 in). Baby crib set includes 1 quilt(33*42 in), 1 crib skirt( 28*52*10 in), 1 fitted crib sheet (28*52*8.5 in)，1 diaper stacker(22.5x12 in)，1 blanket（30*30 in）.
- ♥HIGH QUALITY: The features of material are not deformed，fade, shrink, pilling, and stain resistancen,in line with OEKO-TEX I infant and child standards.
- ♥VIVID DESIGN: The quilt is printed with blossom flowers in various sizes in shades of pink with touches of black and white and dark green leaves. An elegant swan swims slowly among the flowers.The crib sheet is a tossed print of these adorable safari animals.Animal quilt stitching in pink and white, floral garden watercolor，easy to match your baby room,This exquisite animal theme design pattern creates a more colorful room for your baby.
- ♥EASY CARE: The Pink Crib Bedding Set for girls is easy to care for and machine washable. The lightweight fabric material is durable for washing and safe for the dryer, won't go out of shape after washing.
- ♥BEST GIFT: The swan crib set is the Best Baby Ideal Gift for nursery crib sets for girls on Baby Showers Day, Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving day
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby crib bedding for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!