Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best baby boy crib bedding for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best baby boy crib bedding Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- 5 Piece Baby Crib Bedding Set includes one quilt, two 100% cotton fitted crib sheets, one crib skirt and one set of wall decals
- Popular woodland forest theme with detailed appliqued animals including a bear, owl, squirrel, and fox
- Expertly stitched embroideries and detailed appliques highlight this high quality baby crib bedding set
- Upscale fabrications including minky, herringbone and corduroy fabrics
- Includes two 100% breathable cotton crib sheets with elastic all around providing a safe and secure fit
- 👼 OUR PRECIOUS DESERVE THE BEST: A soft touch and a happy sleep is what we need for our babies and kids. That’s why we use 100% Cotton super-soft premium Turkish fabrics.
- 👶 7-PIECES COMPLETE SET: QQ Baby nursery bedding set includes a quilt/comforter, a 4-sided crib skirt with a sheet, an extra fitted sheets, a pillow sham, a decorative pillow, a toy bag and a diaper bag.
- 🎀 2021 COLORS AND DESIGN: Available in 4 colors suitable for girls and boys with embroidered Elephant design fabric for crib size: 52inX28in
- 🚼 STORAGE BAG: The set comes with a convenient storage bag.
- 💦 MACHINE WASHABLE: All pieces are machine-washable (the quilt has a removable/washable cover so that it can be easily washed separately. The polyester inner filling of the quilt SHOULD NOT be washed.)
- This six-piece crib bedding set includes one quilt/comforter, two fitted crib sheets, one crib skirt, one wearable blanket (recommended for safe sleep), and a set of wall decals/stickers
- Gender neutral color palette of gray, beige and white makes this crib bedding set perfect for a little baby boy or girl.
- The quilt has dimensional trims on the lion, giraffe and zebra along with soft furry fabrics and embroidered details.
- 100% breathable cotton fitted crib sheets include one tossed animal print and one solid gray. The sheets have elastic all around for a safe and secure fit on a standard crib/toddler mattress measuring 28" x 52".
- Included for safe sleep is a 100% cotton interlock wearable blanket with lion applique.
- 4 PIECE CRIB BEDDING SET INCLUDES: quilt, dust ruffle, fitted crib sheet, and plush animal toy. Turn your nursery into a prehistoric adventure with the Sammy & Lou Dinosaur Million Years 4 Piece Baby Crib Bedding Collection. This design features a happy dinosaur print with grey herringbone and specked accents. The soft colors of aqua, orange, green, gray, navy blue and white will surely add a roar to any little one's nursery.
- BABY COMFORTER: generously sized nursery quilt measures 35 in x 45 in and features dinosaur appliques with a herringbone print with speckled gray border. Baby quilt has a speckled gray backing.
- SOFT FITTED CRIB SHEET: microfiber fitted crib sheet fits a standard crib mattress of 28 in x 52 in with 8 inch deep pockets. All-around elasticized will assure that the sheet fits safely and securely every time. Crib Sheet features an allover print in aqua, orange, green, gray, navy blue and white.
- CRIB SKIRT: tailored crib skirt fits a standard crib mattress platform and measures 27 x50 in with a 14 inch drop. Crib skirt provides a perfect finished look to the crib with its gray speckled print with teal trim.
- PLUSH ANIMAL: dinosaur stuffed animal is made of soft orange plush with an aqua belly and measures 9 inches tall
- 🧸 FITS STANDARD CRIB - This crib bedding sets for boys includes a 28 x 52 inch fitted crib sheet with 8 inch deep pockets, a 32 x 42 inch quilted comforter, and a dust ruffle skirt that measures 27 x 51 inches with 16 inch long drop for all 4 sides.
- 🧸 GREEN PLAID COLLECTION - Add the finishing touches to your nursery with this classic baby bedding crib sets for boy, featuring traditional plaids design in classic navy, grey and green colors on the comforter and dust ruffle, with never out of fashion polka dot pattern on the sheet.
- 🧸 EXCEPTIIONALLY SMOOTH TO THE TOUCH - With quality in mind, this crib comforter set for boys is made from 100% breathable & hypoallergenic and durable microfiber, super soft and gentle for your baby's sensitive skin.
- 🧸 PERFECT GIFT - The Gift packaging makes this baby bedding set a perfect gift for any baby shower. Well worth the buy!
- 🧸 EASY TO CLEAN - Swap out your dirty baby bedding sets and toss it in the washing machine. Vibrant colors last multiple washes, holds up against fading, safe for the dryer.
- The four-piece crib bedding set includes one quilt, one fitted crib sheet, one crib skirt, and one wearable blanket
- The patchwork style quilt features Mickey Mouse appliqued and embroidered napping on a crescent moon and reaching for the stars
- The fitted crib sheet is on a gray background with outlined shooting stars, moons and Mickey
- The wearable blanket, which is recommended for safe sleep, features Mickey Mouse in the upper right-hand corner reaching for a star
- The wearable blanket is 100% cotton jersey in heather gray and has gray and white striped trim
- 3-Piece baby bedding set includes one quilt, one fitted crib Sheet, and one crib skirt
- Popular neutral jungle theme nursery collection is perfect for both baby boys and baby girls
- Mighty jungle Animals include a yellow giraffe, striped tiger, ly elephant, Sweet zebra, and happy Sloth
- Quilt features an appliqued Gray velour elephant with dimensional paws
- Coordinating crib skirt is a gray and White geo print bordered in a dusty Aqua
- Patchwork design features fox and bear with Moose, stars, Buffalo Check and arrows
- The 3 Piece crib Set includes a comforter, fitted crib Sheet and Crib Skirt
- Designed In shades of grey, red, Black and ivory
- Featured saying is "little man Cave"
- Machine Washable for easy care
- 11 Piece Set Includes: Crib Blanket: 45 in. x 36 in., Skirt: 52 in. x 28 in. x 12 in. drop, Fitted Crib Sheet: 52 in. x 28 in. x 8 in. pocket, Valances: 15 in. x 84 in. each; fits standard rods up to .75 inches in diameter, Diaper Stacker: 15 in. x 20 in. x 6 in., Toy Bag: 14 in. x 20 in., Pillow: 10 in. x 10 in., Set of 3 Wall Hangings: 10 in. x 10 in. each
- Sweet Jojo Designs also offers matching rail guard and 4 piece crib set sold separately
- This set is made of Brushed Microfiber and Microsuede. Machine Wash cold, gentle cycle. Tumble dry low.
- Chocolate Brown, Red, Cream, Blue, Green and Gold
- This design has matching accessories such as crib sheets, wall decor, window treatments and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your baby boy crib bedding for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!