Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best b aby crib for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best b aby crib Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- GROWS WITH BABY: Crib converts to a toddler bed, daybed and sofa Daybed/Sofa Rail included; Toddler Guardrail 0094 sold separately Crib features stylish angled legs in solid pine with a natural finish
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: Adjustable height mattress support with 3 convenient positions to grow with your baby
- COORDINATING ITEMS: Uses a standard size crib mattress sold separately , to ensure the perfect fit pair your crib with a Delta Children, Serta or Beautyrest crib mattress
- SIZE: Assembled Dimensions: 54"L x 29.50"D x 34"H | Easy to assemble
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM | Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- CONVERTIBLE CRIB: Converts from a crib to a toddler bed, daybed and full size bed with headboard (Daybed/Toddler Guardrail Kit #0080 & Full Size Bed Rails #0050 sold separately)
- GROWS WITH BABY: The 3 position mattress height adjustment on this crib allows you to lower the mattress as your baby begins to sit or stand
- BUILT TO LAST: Strong and sturdy wood construction helps create a dream nursery where you’ll spend plenty of Mommy and Me/Daddy and Me time; Easy assembly; Available in a variety of colors: Grey, Bianca White or Dark Chocolate
- WE PUT YOUR BABY’S SAFETY FIRST: This crib is JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; Tested for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed government and ASTM safety standards
- SIZE: 54.50 inches L x 30.50 inches W x 43.75 inches H; Fits standard size crib mattress (sold separately); Cuna para bebé que se convierte en una cama para niño/niña, sofá cama y cama de tamaño completo
- ONLY CRIB RAIL THAT FIRMLY ANCHORS TO BED FRAME WITH REINFORCED CLAMPS for 100% safety. Cannot slip out of place like other crib rails.
- UNMATCHED QUALITY - Heavy-duty, rigid frame throughout, and reinforced nylon fabric safely holds your baby in the crib. Plus, it will never fray or tear. Design, safety, quality and unsurpassed customer service...that's hiccapop!
- FOLDS DOWN FOR BEDTIME STORIES - Makes transition from crib to toddler bed fun and STRESS-FREE!
- ASSEMBLES IN MINUTES - Our convertible crib bed railing is designed for simple, intuitive, stress-free installation. No tools needed. Includes easy-to-follow instructions. FITS ALL MAJOR BRANDS OF CRIBS (except IKEA).
- PASSES ALL FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS. LEAD-FREE PAINT AND NO PHTHALATES
- 🐧 Peaceful co sleeping Time - A full size ADOVEL Pack 'n Play can turn into the bedside sleeper with the side zipper down for C-sectionas mothers take care of your babe even in the midnight instead of moving drastically. 3 adjustable height designed which meets safety standards
- 🐧 Spacious Entertainment Space - The Bottom Layer Can be Used as a Playard, available from baby to toddles (0-3 years old). Provide the closer space for mother-infant interaction
- 🐧 Handy Diaper Changer - Diaper Stacker help you change diapers and feeding no longer backache, you can fetch the diaper or the milk bottle from the side organizer for the temporarily need
- 🐧 Rhythmic Mobile with 3 Soft Toy - 3 soft dolls and cheerful songs can sooth your little one more to keep a peaceful mood and inspire children to play and learn
- 🐧 Good Choice to Vist Grandparents - Light structure for easy take in the journey, we send the travel bag coming with the package. You can set up and fold by only 4 simple steps. Please Make Sure to lock the fence before push down the bottom base to keep sturdy
- Safe and comfortable - This baby bassinet can be used as a baby cradle or bedside sleeper attached to adult bed, mesh of two-side makes baby feel breathable and comfortable
- Adjustable - 5 height positions(min15'',max21'') suit for most adults' beds
- Safe design - This bedside sleeper meets all safety regulations on the assembly of side and horizontal cradle with clear instructions
- Easy to install - no tools are needed during installation
- Suitable from Birth to 12-months.if you are the mother /father of the new baby,looking for a cribs,please choose nordmiex baby sleeper;if you are the uncle/aunt/grandfather/grandmother of the newborn baby,looking for a baby gift for boys or girls,our baby crib is a nice choice
- SAFETY FIRST ALWAYS - This crib is JPMA Certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by the CPSC & ASTM; All of our products are tested by 3rd party labs for lead and other toxic elements to meet or exceed CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- 5-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CRIB - A lifetime investment, the Synergy grows with your child, easily converting from a crib into a toddler, day and full-size bed; Toddler guardrail, stabilizer and full-size rail sold separately; Features 3 mattress height settings
- 13 ATTRACTIVE FINISHES - Bring your nursery dreams to life with the Synergy; Whether you are thinking of creating an ocean-themed nursery, a whimsical mermaid themed nursery or a minimalist modern nursery, the Synergy gives wings to your imagination
- OUR CRIBS ARE BUILT TO LAST - Constructed out of solid reclaimed New Zealand Pine wood, the Synergy is a durable crib that will last you a lifetime; With a classic design, this crib offers your little one a sleeping space that will never go out of style
- MATTRESS COMPATIBILITY - The Synergy 5-in-1 Convertible Crib is a standard full size crib and measures 53.0" L x 29.0" W x 39.0" H inches; For the best fit, we recommend any Dream On Me or Evolur full-size, non-toxic, Greenguard certified mattress
- Easy to attach or remove from parents’ bed using the two fastening straps provided.
- 7 height positions to suit parents' bed. Easy-open side panel for bedside mode.
- Two-side mesh makes more breathable and cozy room.
- Stable bottom supported and comfortable mattress with sleeping board.
- Suitable from Birth to 5-months/33lbs or until baby can pull themselves into an upright position.
- VERSATILE MODERN DESIGN: The best-selling Hudson's iconic turned-out foot, rounded spindle design, and open silhouette make it a versatile choice for the modern nursery. Complete your nursery with the Hudson 3-drawer or 6-drawer dresser.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: The Hudson has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow.
- 3-IN-1 CONVERTABILITY AND ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: The Hudson transitions from crib to toddler bed and daybed, with an included toddler bed conversion kit. The low profile design and 4 adjustable mattress positions make it easy to put a newborn to rest.
- SAFE FOR BABE: We go the extra step to ensure your babe's safety. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting and staining process that is lead and phthalate safe.
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN: Made with sustainably sourced solid New Zealand pine wood, one of the most renewable woods available. Our hidden hardware ensures a clean look with no visible screws or bolts seen on the furniture exterior.
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: This product has undergone rigorous scientific testing for over 10,000 chemical emissions and VOCs. It contributes to cleaner indoor air, creating a healthier environment for your baby to sleep, play, and grow
- GROWS WITH BABY: Four adjustable mattress positions that can be lowered as your baby begins to sit and stand. Easily converts to toddler bed, daybed, and full-size bed (toddler conversion kit #M11999 and full-size conversion kit #M5789 sold separately)
- ADDITIONAL STORAGE: Spacious trundle drawer to fit all the crib sheets, baby blankies and more
- FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: Say goodbye to toxic chemicals! Made of solid sustainable New Zealand pine and TSCA compliant engineered wood. Finished in a non-toxic multi-step painting process and lead and phthalate safe
- COMPLETE THE LOOK: Shop Colby 3-Drawer Dresser & 6-Drawer Dresser for a coordinated nursery. While this crib is a standard size regular crib, for a best fit we recommend DaVinci's line of non-toxic, GREENGUARD gold mattresses
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your b aby crib for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!