Your baby’s crib is basically the centerpiece of their beautiful nursery, so a lot of time goes into picking the right one. While finding a crib with the perfect aesthetic for your baby’s nursery is fun, you also want to consider its safety, functionality, and longevity, which is why convertible cribs are so ideal.
As far as safety goes, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the bars of your baby’s crib should be 2 3/8 inches apart to avoid the possibility of injury. While dropside cribs have been banned and taken off the market as per the Consumer Product Safety Commission in 2011, this crib style may still be circulating via secondhand sellers and should be avoided due to the suffocation and strangulation hazard.
Looking for a new crib for your baby? Here are the best anti allergy crib mattress cover for 2022.
Here are top suggested product lists for you.
How much should I spend on a crib?
In a recent survey by the Good Housekeeping Institute, the majority of our respondents said that they would ideally spend less than $300 on a crib. While it is definitely possible to get a great, safe crib for under $300, many cribs worthy of consideration cost far more than this. You also have to consider delivery and installation fees (unless you are picking up and installing yourself), as well as the cost of a crib mattress.
That said, convertible cribs offer a great value because you can use the same piece of furniture for your child’s sleep environment as your child grows instead of requiring brand new pieces to be purchased.
How do I pick a safe crib?
The best crib is one that is safe and that meets your needs. The good news on the safety front is that all new cribs sold in the United States are required to meet stringent safety testing as set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as part of the federal regulations of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
The basis for the safety requirements are two ASTM International crib standards which incorporate factors like the distance between slats, the physical integrity of the slats, crib hardware requirements and revised safety testing protocols.
Be exceptionally wary of buying or using a hand-me-down crib. Older cribs may not meet the more stringent safety standards in place today. Worn-out pieces or missing hardware can pose serious problems for the integrity of the furniture. If you do opt for a used crib, check that it has not been recalled and do your own safety checks to ensure it does not use drop sides, that the distance between the slats are no larger than 2 ⅜” apart, and that corner posts are not higher than 1/16”.
What to Look for When Buying a Convertible Crib
As with all baby products, safety is the first thing to look for when purchasing a crib for your baby. For the safest sleep environment, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says parents should look for a crib with bars spaced no more than 2.37 inches apart with more than 26 inches of bar space above the crib mattress when it’s sitting at its highest point and free of any decorative carvings or cut-outs that could be hazardous to a curious baby.
Convertible cribs are very popular, but not all of them offer the same conversion options. Consider which conversions will work best for your family. If you plan to have young kids close together, then you may just need a crib with multiple mattress height options, or if this is your last child then a 4-in-1 may be ideal so that it’s the only bed you’ll need to buy for them.
While convertible cribs are convenient, they may cost you a little extra upfront, depending on the type or brand you choose, and any additional pieces that are needed. Typically, not all conversion kits are sold with a crib and must be purchased individually. Overall, a convertible crib may save you money over time, but you will have to pay extra for conversion kits that are sold separately.
Materials and Durability
Since your baby will inevitably start chewing on the crib’s railing, make sure you’re getting one made of materials that are free of toxins. Also, look for a crib with high-quality paint or stain that won’t chip over time so that you can get as much use out of the bed as possible.
Finally, the crib should be securely assembled without wiggling or making a lot of noise when your child moves around in it. It’s possible that your baby will climb out of their crib at some point, so you want the crib to be durable, strong, and one you can reuse if needed down the road.
Design and Functionality
In addition to conversion options, you also want to consider the crib’s overall design. If it’s made to grow with your child, is the design trendy or something timeless that will still look good a decade from now? Does the design work for your lifestyle and/or the room that it’s in? Do you want one with wheels so that you can move it around easily?
While the crib’s overall look is the most fun thing to consider, you also want to be sure its design meets all of your needs. If you have a small room to work with, you’ll want a crib that fits in the space without it being too big.
Cribs by Age
Are you in the market for a convertible crib for a baby or a toddler? The age of your little one will determine the best one. It will need to be the appropriate size and design to keep them safe. Plus, it may be worthwhile to choose a crib that includes a toddler rail conversion kit or gives you the option to purchase one later.
This purchase is meant to last your child for several years, so you want it to be durable.
Check to see what is included with your purchase. Some cribs come with a toddler bed conversion kit or a crib mattress, while with others, you will need to purchase these things separately.
Our Proposed Top 10 best anti allergy crib mattress cover Reviews in 2022
Why 1st product is best than others?
As we pick this tough 1 premium bit as our first product except four others, there are valid and solid reasons behind this.
Undoubtedly, this is a classy and quality product that focuses on the demands of the owner. Nevertheless, it is very soft and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time. So can come to the decision that it combine quality and comfort altogether, this is a matter of great concern. Moreover, the amazing part is that is it so good for variety of options.
- The SafeRest crib mattress protector protects against fluids with specially designed micro-zippered and breathable fabric to protect your baby's mattress from accidents.
- Our waterproof crib mattress protector uses cool and breathable fabric for a better night of sleep or nap for your little one. These encasements are also noiseless and soft for extra comfort.
- Find peace of mind knowing that this crib mattress cover is OKEO-TEX certified, as well as phthalate, vinyl, and PVC free.
- This mattress encasement has a 360 degree secure micro-zipper to provide added security and safeguard your mattress protectors from your little ones.
- 100% Waterproof - Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee (NOTE: For frequent accidents and easy clean-ups, place a fitted SureGuard Mattress Protector over the encasement).
- Bed Bug Proof - Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs - use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh - Blocks dust, dirt and dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless - 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture; Retains the feel of your child's mattress - Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Crib (28 in x 52 in) - Zippered Mattress Encasement; Fits up to 6-8 inches deep - Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
- Protects Against Urine, Fluids, Perspiration
- Cotton Terry Surface With Membrane Back Coating (Waterproof, Noiseless and Breathable)
- Great For Those With Kids, Pets Or Incontinence (OEKO-TEX Certified SH025 151792)
- Will Not Change The Feel of Your Mattress (Registered with the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device)
- Fitted Sheet Style Design - Queen Size Mattress Protector 60" x 80" - Fits up to 18" deep
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION - It Has A Super Zipper Closure Which Is Fully Encasing Your Babies And Toddlers Mattress, Keeps Moisture Out Completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Provides Protection On All 6 Sides Of Mattress. Seals out Moisture, Sweat & Anything Wet. Breathes well, Doesn't Make You Sweat or Feel Hot.
- CLEAN AND HEALTHY - Keeps Your Child's Mattress Clean By Blocking Out The Things You Don't Want On It. 100% Safe for your Kids.
- 100% QUIET AND SOFT - No Crinkling or Annoying Sounds like Most Waterproof Covers. Stays in Place While Sleeping. Ultra-Plush and Soft to Touch, Mam and Kids Will Love It.
- EASY WASH & CARE - Machine Wash and Dry, They Wash Well and Beautifully and Hold Up. Will Not Tear or Crack. Excellent Fit & Quality. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- ADVANCED ALLERGY PROTECTION: AllerEase mattress protectors have tightly woven, expertly-designed fabric to prevent 99.9% of unhealthy household particles from collecting in your mattress.
- WATERPROOF DESIGN: This mattress protector features a waterproof design that prevents liquids from contaminating and ruining your mattress, making it kid and pet proof!
- BREATHABLE FABRIC – Made of breathable fabric that won’t alter the feel, these protectors are soft to the touch. Plus, they do not retain heat, so you can get a comfortable and allergy-free night’s sleep.
- A PERFECT FIT: Our exclusive FlexFit technology provide a perfectly snug fit with a soft, quiet cover that can help you sleep comfortably through the night.
- ALLERGIST RECOMMENDED: All AllerEase products provide clean allergy relief, are machine washable, and have a Lifetime limited warranty.
- ADVANCED AIR CLEANING TECHNOLOGY: HEPA-13 and Activated Carbon work together so you can breathe easier
- PURIFIES HOME AIR: Filters up to 1,850 Square Feet Per Hour, or 388 Square Feet 5 Times Per Hour, Based on AHAM verified clean air delivery rate filtering pollen, tobacco, smoke, and dust
- COMPLIES WITH MAX OZONE: Instant air purifiers comply with the maximumm allowable concentration of ozone of 0.005 parts per million by volume (ppmv) in a 24-h period
- 24/7 AIR QUALITY MONITORING: Our intelligent sensor monitors air quality 24/7 and adjusts fan speed in Auto Mode to make the air in your home cleaner
- WHISPER-QUIET NIGHT MODE: Light sensor automatically turns off displays and lowers noise to whisper-quiet levels when it is time for bed
- GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFIED: Certified products are screened for more than 10,000 chemicals and VOCs known to pollute indoor air
- CERTIPUR-US CERTIFIED FOAM: Certified flexible polyurethane foams meet CertiPUR-US program standards for content, emissions and durability, and are analyzed by independent, accredited testing laboratories
- MACHINE-WASHABLE, WATER-RESISTANT OUTER COVER: Featuring soft, removable, water-resistant outer cover that can be machine washed; Gently unzip outer cover, machine wash in cold water (delicate cycle, no bleach) and hang dry (do not place in dryer machine)
- MATTRESS IN A BOX: Breathable foam core is recommended firmness for infants’ safer sleep; For optimal performance, allow mattress to expand immediately upon delivery in room temperature setting to allow maximum time for full expansion
- FITS STANDARD FULL-SIZE CRIB & TODDLER BED: Designed to fit any standard full-size crib, toddler bed; L (52 inches) x W (27.6 inches) x H (up to 5 inches); Weight (7 pounds); Mattress core made of polyurethane foam; 6-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Burt's Bees Baby Fitted Crib Sheet - Solid Color
- BEESNUG 360°, premium elastic with extra stretch provides a safer, snugger fit
- Extra fabric overlap on bottom edge, along with 360º elastic prevents sheets from creeping up on the mattress, so you and your baby can rest easy
- 100% organic, GOTS certified, breathable cotton - the purest layer for baby’s thin and porous skin
- Dimensions: W28" x L52" - For standard crib and toddler mattresses
- 100% WATERPROOF WITH 4-LAYER DESIGH: Thanks to the enhanced 4-layer design (Top: ultra-soft terry fabric ensures superb breathability; Fillings: highly absorbent membrane over ; Base Layer: extra layer to improve durability; Backing: impermeable TPU to prevent bedwetting, urine, sweat or sliding off accidents), this baby mattress cover protects from leaky messes and spills, treats your baby’s sensitive skin like royalty & provides healthy, sweet, and quiet sleep.
- PERFICTLY FIT FOR SECURE USE: Measures 52" x 28", stretchable knitted design, our toddler mattress cover fits crib mattress up to 9", a full fitted stretch skirt to help prevent sliding and shifting for extra security. Perfect for bassinets, cradles, pack n play, cot.
- MACHINE WASHABLE AND DRYER FRIENDLY: Super easy to wash by hand or machine under 50°C/122 ℉ by using a mild detergent (free from any bleach) and tumble dry low to enhance the use of life.
- A GREAT GIFT IDES & 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: An ideal gift for new parents with exquisite packaging. Supporting by the comfort brought by our crib sheet protector, they will be deeply impressed by your caring.We offer a 90-day full refund with no question asked & 24-hour instant customer service. PLS click the “Add to cart” and purchase our baby mattress protector now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Are cribs with adjustable sides safe?
Unfortunately, the same mechanisms that allow for the drop-gate’s functionality also create a gap that forms between the crib mattress and part of the drop side. As a result, babies could become trapped and suffocate or get strangled in the gap.
Can crib height be adjusted?
There are many reasons to adjust your crib mattress’s height and angle. It’s safe to raise or lower the mattress height — as long as you do it correctly. The important thing to remember is to follow the guidelines: keep your baby’s crib clear, and watch their development so you know when to lower their crib.
Are drop side cribs banned in US?
For these alarming reasons, in 2011 the U.S. Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC) banned the production and sale of drop-side cribs, as well as implemented strict safety standards and more stringent testing requirements across the crib-manufacturing industry.
Are some cribs safer than others?
Here are a few specific things parents should look for in a safe crib: Crib slats or bars should be no wider than 2 3/8 inches apart. Some experts suggest gauging whether a soda can would fit through — if so, they’re dangerously far apart.
Can newborn sleep in crib?
Your baby can start sleeping in a crib from day one, but you may decide to use a bassinet for the first month or so.
You may want to buy your anti allergy crib mattress cover for a few months before your baby arrives to make sure that all the pieces are included in the box and they’re free of damage. Setting up your crib in advance also allows you to air it out if off-gassing or odor is a concern.
Plus, putting up the crib makes this whole baby thing a lot more real. After you’ve weighed all the many options and made a purchase, be sure to have some fun daydreaming about your little one snoozing in their new crib!